think racism does not exist?

aubiefifty

this was posted today on facebook by a friend i have not seen in thirty years. i could not even turn it in as hate speech. all i had were options to delete  the guy according to facebook.is fixing to be blocked and i do not consider him a friend anymore.

john deere.jpg

52 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

this was posted today on facebook by a friend i have not seen in thirty years.

ever think about a life without facebook ? you sure reference it often.

59 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

this was posted today on facebook by a friend i have not seen in thirty years. i could not even turn it in as hate speech. all i had were options to delete  the guy according to facebook.is fixing to be blocked and i do not consider him a friend anymore.

john deere.jpg

That is horrible. Unfortunately, racism will always exist in some form or another from every race. 

2 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

ever think about a life without facebook ? you sure reference it often.

well salty i have no family. they are all gone. two nieces up north and have never met one of them, i am also old as dirt and i have a lot of friends that live elsewhere i would never get to talk to. i am in and out of fam all day as well. i never had kids and women love me they just do not love me long. well unless i am singing in a band. also i am honestly quarantining as hard as i can.

8 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

well salty i have no family. they are all gone. two nieces up north and have never met one of them, i am also old as dirt and i have a lot of friends that live elsewhere i would never get to talk to. i am in and out of fam all day as well. i never had kids and women love me they just do not love me long. well unless i am singing in a band. also i am honestly quarantining as hard as i can.

its ok fiddy, we love you...:comfort:

9 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

I understand you Fiddy.  Your good.

Saw two unbelievable things at Mexico Beach yesterday. Witnessed a mocking bird chase a huge calico cat  from underneath a palm tree and out a yard. Secondly saw a Biden 2020 banner hanging  from someones  front deck. 

2 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

its ok fiddy, we love you...:comfort:

sings.... "i am just a lonely boy". i cannot complain to be last person standing but i do admit i might love aufam more than most. i care for a lot of people on here. you guys fill a lot of holes in me. and tho i am slowly getting tired of facebook but i live alone to i have a deal that is i am not on and making at least one post a day they will do a wellness check or call the police to do one. but yeah dk i got some love for you baby.we can disagree but you are always fair.

8 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

I understand you Fiddy.  Your good.

Saw two unbelievable things at Mexico Beach yesterday. Witnessed a mocking bird chase a huge calico cat  from underneath a palm tree and out a yard. Secondly saw a Biden 2020 banner hanging  from someones  front deck. 

Is the Wonder Bar still open in Mexico Beach? I have a number of memories, some good and some not so good of mis-spent nights in the Wonder Bar while serving in the USAF at Tyndall Air Force base.

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Is the Wonder Bar still open in Mexico Beach? I have a number of memories, some good and some not so good of mis-spent nights in the Wonder Bar while serving in the USAF at Tyndall Air Force base.

Heard of the Wonder Bar. It was gone prior to my arrival. Since the hurricane nothing is back here in the way of bars or restaurants. New homes  and rebuilds are popping up everywhere but commercial is  lagging.  Tough situation after Michael. No places for tourist to stay  equates to no businesses. Sure the pandemic is playing a part with that sector also.  

Today is my last day here.  Repaired all damages and  sold  this house. 

22 minutes ago, Mikey said:

serving in the USAF at Tyndall Air Force base.

BTW, thanks for your service.  Always felt safe here....loved hearing the overhead maneuvers  when Tyndall was wide open.  Did a lot of fishing in the sound behind Tyndall. Gorgeous untouched place. Rare to go there and not see bald eagles, etc.... those waters are full of bull sharks to.  Would not advise swimming in the cut at Hurricane Pass.  

12 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

Hell your not old

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

sings.... "i am just a lonely boy". i cannot complain to be last person standing but i do admit i might love aufam more than most. i care for a lot of people on here. you guys fill a lot of holes in me. and tho i am slowly getting tired of facebook but i live alone to i have a deal that is i am not on and making at least one post a day they will do a wellness check or call the police to do one. but yeah dk i got some love for you baby.we can disagree but you are always fair.

So your "all alone with nothin to do" 

Social media is truly a cesspool and a MAJOR contributor to the divide in this country. The divisions actually already existed as they are engrained in the human condition, but social media has provided worldwide broadcast to what was only broadcast to a vastly smaller audience. 

True story. I was in a convenience store in Daphne AL in my pilot uniform in line behind a young attractive black woman and a 3-4 year old girl.  The girl looks up at me and exclaims "You the po' po' and I'm not afraid of you!"  Where you think she got that from? Yes racism exists still.  It is being taught at home to very young aged children by their parents or whomever is their guardian.  Black people in Memphis who did not grow up with their parents teaching them to hate and distrust white people and cops do not overtly exhibit those feelings. They understand that white people by a large percentage are over being racist. There are always a few stragglers who are not teachable. Nor are they accepted by any racial group in today's society.  The people you see on TV in congress and on this forum railing about racists and claiming Trump is a racist are dragging us backwards.  They quite frankly are full of crap.  Trump has been very supportive and awarded by blacks for many years prior to having the gall to run and defeat Hillary in the election. Who knew beating a white privileged screech who is dumb as a rock and destroyed numerous women who bedded her husband would result in Trump all of a sudden being a racist?

13 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

People think that racism doesn't exist?

I think that's a stretch, but I've read numerous "I spend time with black people and nobody says anything about it" and "whites and blacks get along just fine where I live" comments- clearly offered as some kind of counterpoint- in the last month. 

21 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Social media is truly a cesspool and a MAJOR contributor to the divide in this country. The divisions actually already existed as they are engrained in the human condition, but social media has provided worldwide broadcast to what was only broadcast to a vastly smaller audience. 

I wonder what it says that social media is a cesspool but that it's made up mostly of, well, us. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

I wonder what it says that social media is a cesspool but that it's made up mostly of, well, us. 

For a couple of reasons, one it's made up of people who want to be heard (not everyone does) and two, the ones who stir the pot the hardest get amplified. I don't think the vast majority of people hold the same views that get promoted/magnified on social media.

41 minutes ago, jared52 said:

For a couple of reasons, one it's made up of people who want to be heard (not everyone does) and two, the ones who stir the pot the hardest get amplified. I don't think the vast majority of people hold the same views that get promoted/magnified on social media.

Perhaps. But you hang out with any random sampling of people long enough and you'll hear some stuff. Facebook is every party or bar I ever went to, except just a little later in the evening after folks start getting a little tipsy, tired and hangry. 

Twitter seems a little more extreme, but, I mean, it amplifies one particular person more than any other because that is the primary way in which he chooses to communicate to the American people. Which isn't really a counter to what you're saying. 

Instagram... eh, I'm just there to post pictures of my cute kids and look at chicks in yoga pants. 

2 hours ago, Barnacle said:

People think that racism doesn't exist?

No.  Some people think that some people think racism doesn't exist.

Mind Blown GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

23 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Today is my last day here.  Repaired all damages and  sold  this house. 

Sorry bad things have happened in that area. Hope you land somewhere that makes you happy!

Archived