bye

aubiefifty

Republican Rep. Ted Yoho resigns from a Christian non-profit's board after verbally attacking Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Yahoo News

insider@insider.com (Eliza Relman)

Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Ted Yoho.

AP Photo

• Republican Rep. Ted Yoho on Saturday resigned from the board of the Christian anti-poverty organization Bread for the World days after he verbally attacked Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

• The non-profit announced that it "sought [Yoho's] resignation" after determining that his attack on Ocasio-Cortez didn't reflect "the values of respect and compassion that Jesus calls on us to exhibit every day."

• Yoho approached Ocasio-Cortez on the steps of the Capitol building on Monday and called her "disgusting" and "out of [her] freaking mind," the congresswoman said. A reporter for The Hill heard Yoho refer to Ocasio-Cortez as a "f---ing b---h" as the two lawmakers parted ways.

• Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.

Republican Rep. Ted Yoho on Saturday resigned from the board of the Christian anti-poverty organization Bread for the World days after he verbally attacked Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

The non-profit announced that it "sought [Yoho's] resignation" after determining that his "recent actions and words as reported in the media are not reflective of the ethical standards expected of members of our Board of Directors" and "the values of respect and compassion that Jesus calls on us to exhibit every day."

The organization said it hoped to reaffirm "our commitment to coming alongside women and people of color, nationally and globally, as they continue to lead us to a more racially inclusive and equitable world."

The group added that it hopes government leaders will "find the moral courage and political will to foster healing and civil dialogue" on policy issues, particularly those concerning the ongoing pandemic.

Yoho approached Ocasio-Cortez on the steps of the Capitol building on Monday and called her "disgusting" and "out of [her] freaking mind" over recent comments she made linking the increase in violence during the pandemic to unemployment and poverty.

As Yoho walked away from Ocasio-Cortez, he referred to her as a "f---ing b---h," according to a reporter with The Hill, who witnessed and wrote about the encounter.

In remarks delivered on the House floor on Wednesday, Yoho insisted that he never called Ocasio-Cortez the misogynistic slur and said he "cannot apologize for my passion or for loving my God, my family, and my country." He said he was sorry for the "abrupt manner" in which he spoke to her.

In a speech on the House floor addressing the incident on Thursday, Ocasio-Cortez said she couldn't accept Yoho's statement as an apology and argued that doing so would implicitly condone attacks on all women.

"I could not allow my nieces, I could not allow the little girls I go home to, I could not allow the victims of verbal abuse and worse to see that, to see that excuse, and to see our Congress accept it as legitimate and accept it as an apology," she said. "When a decent man messes up, as we are all bound to do, he tries his best and does apologize."

bye racist...............i hope you lose your seat next.

1 hour ago, The Freak said:

Remind me how he's a racist again?

you realize most of him and his buddies think she is a muslim,commie, and of course a bitch? you know how they feel about her.

10 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

you realize most of him and his buddies think she is a muslim,commie, and of course a bitch? you know how they feel about her.

Must peoples issues with her have nothing to do with her race or religion, but keep pushing that narrative.

11 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Must peoples issues with her have nothing to do with her race or religion, but keep pushing that narrative.

so calling someone a fooking bitch is not hate? lol ok dude  i might have split hairs but the intent is pretty much the same. he did not call her that because she is white.

i apologize for my thread title folks. it looks like i was going to say i am leaving. not a chance. they will drag me from here kicking and screaming............

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

Republican Rep. Ted Yoho resigns from a Christian non-profit's board after verbally attacking Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Yahoo News

insider@insider.com (Eliza Relman)

AP Photo

• Republican Rep. Ted Yoho on Saturday resigned from the board of the Christian anti-poverty organization Bread for the World days after he verbally attacked Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

• The non-profit announced that it "sought [Yoho's] resignation" after determining that his attack on Ocasio-Cortez didn't reflect "the values of respect and compassion that Jesus calls on us to exhibit every day."

• Yoho approached Ocasio-Cortez on the steps of the Capitol building on Monday and called her "disgusting" and "out of [her] freaking mind," the congresswoman said. A reporter for The Hill heard Yoho refer to Ocasio-Cortez as a "f---ing b---h" as the two lawmakers parted ways.

• Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.

Republican Rep. Ted Yoho on Saturday resigned from the board of the Christian anti-poverty organization Bread for the World days after he verbally attacked Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

The non-profit announced that it "sought [Yoho's] resignation" after determining that his "recent actions and words as reported in the media are not reflective of the ethical standards expected of members of our Board of Directors" and "the values of respect and compassion that Jesus calls on us to exhibit every day."

The organization said it hoped to reaffirm "our commitment to coming alongside women and people of color, nationally and globally, as they continue to lead us to a more racially inclusive and equitable world."

The group added that it hopes government leaders will "find the moral courage and political will to foster healing and civil dialogue" on policy issues, particularly those concerning the ongoing pandemic.

Yoho approached Ocasio-Cortez on the steps of the Capitol building on Monday and called her "disgusting" and "out of [her] freaking mind" over recent comments she made linking the increase in violence during the pandemic to unemployment and poverty.

As Yoho walked away from Ocasio-Cortez, he referred to her as a "f---ing b---h," according to a reporter with The Hill, who witnessed and wrote about the encounter.

In remarks delivered on the House floor on Wednesday, Yoho insisted that he never called Ocasio-Cortez the misogynistic slur and said he "cannot apologize for my passion or for loving my God, my family, and my country." He said he was sorry for the "abrupt manner" in which he spoke to her.

In a speech on the House floor addressing the incident on Thursday, Ocasio-Cortez said she couldn't accept Yoho's statement as an apology and argued that doing so would implicitly condone attacks on all women.

"I could not allow my nieces, I could not allow the little girls I go home to, I could not allow the victims of verbal abuse and worse to see that, to see that excuse, and to see our Congress accept it as legitimate and accept it as an apology," she said. "When a decent man messes up, as we are all bound to do, he tries his best and does apologize."

bye racist...............i hope you lose your seat next.

I think what he did was not Christian like and so resigning was the right thing here. 

19 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

I think what he did was not Christian like and so resigning was the right thing here. 

i understand the ton of weight folks carry on their shoulders these days and he should have just apologized. i read where he refused and i read where he kinda did. i firmly believe that when you swear an oath of office you just cannot act or say things like that. they are not ordinary dudes fussing in a political thread. but they all fall shot. i liked bill clinton and he let me down. daddy bush was ok. w let me down over iraq. obama let me down over kids in cages and the drinking water in detroit. and you are right i have a special disdain for trump. you never make fun of vets that were pow's or make fun of handicapped or even make fun of five star families who lost a son that saved his entire squad and gave his life doing it.especially when you dodged the draft four times. i just do not understand why you say resigning was good when trump has done much worse and you have not said that about the donald.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

i understand the ton of weight folks carry on their shoulders these days and he should have just apologized. i read where he refused and i read where he kinda did. i firmly believe that when you swear an oath of office you just cannot act or say things like that. they are not ordinary dudes fussing in a political thread. but they all fall shot. i liked bill clinton and he let me down. daddy bush was ok. w let me down over iraq. obama let me down over kids in cages and the drinking water in detroit. and you are right i have a special disdain for trump. you never make fun of vets that were pow's or make fun of handicapped or even make fun of five star families who lost a son that saved his entire squad and gave his life doing it.especially when you dodged the draft four times. i just do not understand why you say resigning was good when trump has done much worse and you have not said that about the donald.

He hasn’t done anything that would justify removing a duly elected person from office (and everybody knew exactly what we were getting when the election occurred). On the other hand this guy was a member of a Christian organization and was very un-Christian like, so I think resigning here was the right thing to do. 

2 hours ago, SocialCircle said:

He hasn’t done anything that would justify removing a duly elected person from office (and everybody knew exactly what we were getting when the election occurred). On the other hand this guy was a member of a Christian organization and was very un-Christian like, so I think resigning here was the right thing to do. 

so you are admitting he was a piece of crap and voted for him anyway? stealing from kids charities and the VA is pretty serious. so is spitting on our vets. he is shamelessly pretending to be christian and that is ok as well? forty something sexual assault claims, one from a 24 year old girl. wow  not me. i will not reward bad behavior. tell me or any of you repubs out there just what the hell does the guy have to do to  make you quit supporting him jesus he even bragged he could get away with murder and your side would be fine with it. thing is he was not bragging on ya'll he was laughing at you. i have a long list of crimes of his. he IS racist. that mattered when obama talked to that radical black preacher just to hear him out but you guys claim he is not racist, lol only in murica by god! thank god we got that black guy out of office............i might be wrong but when you vote for someone you mostly align yourself with their beliefs. and where obama put some kids in cages he said hold my bigmac. the unrest in this country would never have been this bad under someoen else. ever. hell he fanned the flames. i am not trying to be mean nor rude but you would do well to remember that when you talk down to folks.......

6 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

you realize most of him and his buddies think she is a muslim,commie, and of course a bitch?

Don't think she is a muslim. That would make make them wrong.

5 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

so calling someone a fooking bitch is not hate? lol ok dude  i might have split hairs but the intent is pretty much the same. he did not call her that because she is white.

I'd say it is sexist or being an a*hole.  I like how you doubled down on racism, though.

so you are admitting he was a piece of crap and voted for him anyway? stealing from kids charities and the VA is pretty serious. so is spitting on our vets. he is shamelessly pretending to be christian and that is ok as well? forty something sexual assault claims, one from a 24 year old girl. wow  not me. i will not reward bad behavior. tell me or any of you repubs out there just what the hell does the guy have to do to  make you quit supporting him jesus he even bragged he could get away with murder and your side would be fine with it. thing is he was not bragging on ya'll he was laughing at you. i have a long list of crimes of his. he IS racist. that mattered when obama talked to that radical black preacher just to hear him out but you guys claim he is not racist, lol only in murica by god! thank god we got that black guy out of office............i might be wrong but when you vote for someone you mostly align yourself with their beliefs. and where obama put some kids in cages he said hold my bigmac. the unrest in this country would never have been this bad under someoen else. ever. hell he fanned the flames. i am not trying to be mean nor rude but you would do well to remember that when you talk down to folks.......

I supported Kasich until he pulled out. I voted against Hillary as Trump was the lesser of two evils. Trump has actually done a much better job as our President that I ever expected. He has done some really good things for our country and I do believe he looks out for our country’s best interests. I don’t think he is a good human being or role model. Pretty much anyone he attacked actually attacked him first and I really don’t pay much attention to what he says but I do pay special attention to what he does. I think Trump is again the lesser of two evils in this upcoming election as well. 

11 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Don't think she is a muslim. That would make make them wrong.

She's catholic for crying out loud.  Fiddy is mixing up his racial stereotypes.

Movie A Day 'Tommy Boy' 311/365 - Album on Imgur

1 hour ago, The Freak said:

I'd say it is sexist or being an a*hole.  I like how you doubled down on racism, though.

i hear plenty of racism about her locally and i bet you a hamburger if you googled racism against her you might be shocked. what are you a freak or something?   lol does your nic mean you are a hippie? no insult i try to keep thos vibes some.

i hear plenty of racism about her locally and i bet you a hamburger if you googled racism against her you might be shocked. what are you a freak or something?   lol does your nic mean you are a hippie? no insult i try to keep thos vibes some.

I'm sure you do hear racist things about her, people are a*holes.  That doesn't mean that everyone who disagrees with her is a racist and certainly doesn't warrant saying Yoho is.

I mean, he might be.  But you'd better bring more to the table before labeling him.

8 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

It has zero to do with racism. I've called my sister that, and she's definitely not of a different race than I am.

I do hope Sandy hangs around for a while, she's such a great source of dumb blonde jokes, it's just a shame she's not blonde. Maybe somebody will get her to bleach her hair? Tell her she'd get more votes or something? She'd believe them, I'm sure.

Obviously, plenty of racist things have been said about her with Trump always setting the example. However, until I actually see Yoho join in on those comments, I'm just going to assume he's just an ass (not because of the "bitch" comment, but because of his nonapology).

6 hours ago, savorytiger said:

Obviously, plenty of racist things have been said about her with Trump always setting the example. However, until I actually see Yoho join in on those comments, I'm just going to assume he's just an ass (not because of the "bitch" comment, but because of his nonapology).

so you are saying it is ok to call her a fookin byatch but you draw the line when he refused to apologize? that does noit sound all that savory to me......

so you are saying it is ok to call her a fookin byatch but you draw the line when he refused to apologize? that does noit sound all that savory to me......

Nope, but I try not to label someone out of one exchange. If he came out and properly apologized I would have looked past it.

Archived