i got a serious question.....

aubiefifty

a local anniston police officer was removed from the department for ties with white supremacy groups about four years ago. he ran his mouth on facebook but i do not know what he said. now the calhoun county sheriffs department has hired him claiming he deserves a second chance. does anyone think this is fair? and if something goes south is this not opening up the county for a lawsuit? i understand people can change but with his former ties to racists groups can he be trusted? to be fair officers that worked with him in the past said he was a good cop. and yes i do believe in second chances but it is hard to make an informed decision without knowing what he said on his facebook page.

7 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

a local anniston police officer was removed from the department for ties with white supremacy groups about four years ago. he ran his mouth on facebook but i do not know what he said. now the calhoun county sheriffs department has hired him claiming he deserves a second chance. does anyone think this is fair? and if something goes south is this not opening up the county for a lawsuit? i understand people can change but with his former ties to racists groups can he be trusted? to be fair officers that worked with him in the past said he was a good cop. and yes i do believe in second chances but it is hard to make an informed decision without knowing what he said on his facebook page.

Honest answer from me that is also a question - Do you think that convicts deserve second chances? Normally any second chances are probably not in the same career field. That's what is critical here. 

Wrong is wrong whether legally or morally but at some point I'd hope these people move on from their past. I would hope he/she has a partner that the Sheriff's Dept. knows can be trusted to keep this officer in check. They'd have one strike and they'd be out. You're right about the risk. 

18 hours ago, gr82be said:

Honest answer from me that is also a question - Do you think that convicts deserve second chances? Normally any second chances are probably not in the same career field. That's what is critical here. 

Wrong is wrong whether legally or morally but at some point I'd hope these people move on from their past. I would hope he/she has a partner that the Sheriff's Dept. knows can be trusted to keep this officer in check. They'd have one strike and they'd be out. You're right about the risk. 

i thought i answered this but i probably had to answer something on another thread. my view is if they were non violent i am all for second chances. but if you hurt anyone with violence i would have to look long and hard before i agreed.

Archived