Sporting news preseason top 25

aubiefifty

Who’s your #1?View image on Twitter

no love for tennessee in the top 25. i guess they still have a ways to go with that stellar recruiting they are doing.

43 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

LSU at 5 after losing their main guys is a stretch. I’d sit them somewhere in the 13-15 region. 

Yeah. That was the only emotional pick I thought. But I get it. They were so good last year they get an honorable mention this year lol.

I know Georgia has an easier time in the East usually but I'm not letting them sniff my top 10 this year.

They're losing to all 3 of Auburn, Alabama, and Florida this year book it. Rest of their schedule is cake.

35 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I know Georgia has an easier time in the East usually but I'm not letting them sniff my top 10 this year.

They're losing to all 3 of Auburn, Alabama, and Florida this year book it. Rest of their schedule is cake.

Why would they not be in  the top ten?

Hmmmm, so we have 5 ranked teams on our schedule.  Sounds about right. :-\

I live in "Clemson country",  I will admit they are good, but I'd like to see them play the same sort of schedule we do.  Bama too for that matter.

10 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Hmmmm, so we have 5 ranked teams on our schedule.  Sounds about right. :-\

I live in "Clemson country",  I will admit they are good, but I'd like to see them play the same sort of schedule we do.  Bama too for that matter.

Whatever do you mean? Clemson plays quite a number of rank teams.

Oh wait, you said ranked. Carry on. 

On 6/30/2020 at 7:21 PM, DAG said:

Why would they not be in  the top ten?

They lose a LOT on offense. Fromm wasn't that good but they have no experience behind him. The bigger losses are on the OL- both tackles in the first round and a guard. They also lose D'Andre Swift and a good TE. They don't lose much on defense, though. 

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

They lose a LOT on offense. Fromm wasn't that good but they have no experience behind him. The bigger losses are on the OL- both tackles in the first round and a guard. They also lose D'Andre Swift and a good TE. They don't lose much on defense, though. 

True but compared to everyone else in the top 10 and especially the top 15, it’s hard to argue with their potential unknown talent, which on paper holds up against most of the teams. 

And we're scheduled to play 6 of the top 24 teams this year....bama only plays 4...go figure...

6 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I do believe they have a grad transfer QB from Wake Forest allowed to play immediately that was pretty good. Definitely veteran leadership that will help them.  Excerpt below from Sports Illustrated. 

Newman, a 6'4'' quarterback from Graham, NC, started 12 games for the Demon Deacons last season, completing nearly 61% of his pass attempts for 2,868 yards with 26 touchdowns and 11 interceptions in 2019. He also ran for 574 yards and six scores. He ranked second in the ACC in total offense with 286.8 yards per game and finish fifth in passing with 252.7 yards per game.

4 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I do believe they have a grad transfer QB from Wake Forest allowed to play immediately that was pretty good. Definitely veteran leadership that will help them.  Excerpt below from Sports Illustrated. 

Newman, a 6'4'' quarterback from Graham, NC, started 12 games for the Demon Deacons last season, completing nearly 61% of his pass attempts for 2,868 yards with 26 touchdowns and 11 interceptions in 2019. He also ran for 574 yards and six scores. He ranked second in the ACC in total offense with 286.8 yards per game and finish fifth in passing with 252.7 yards per game.

I'm sure he's fine, and maybe even an upgrade to Fromm (wouldn't be that hard), but everything else I listed they lost... and it's not like they were a great offense last year anyway. They were actually very mediocre. Hmm. Maybe they'll actually get better, lol.

Archived