2020 4* WR Malcolm "The Jet" Johnson Commits to AU!

ellitor

12 hours ago, ellitor said:

It works. lol

Speaking from experience?

22 hours ago, ellitor said:

We don't know that. The time his name is placed in the transfer portal doesn't mean he stayed enrolled at AU through that point. He could have not taken Summer classes at all & that would meet the requirements for him not being enrolled at AU a full year. Also not sure if the May 2019 date is correct in terms of being on campus but he didn't enroll & start taking classes til July 1st per his 247 profile. July 1st in that case is when his time would have started in the NCAA's eyes in terms of academics.

Also Mikey this is the 3rd time this cycle we have bumped up an EE from the 2020 class to 2019. We did that when Cam'Ron Kelly & Charles Moore left & that allowed us to get Brandon Council & the QB Loy.

I see a difference between Osborne, who was on the team through a complete cycle, and Moore & Kelly, who were here briefly and left. Perhaps the NCAA does not see that difference, or considering the heat the NCAA has been facing lately they are simply throwing up their hands and yelling "Do Whatever!"

Anyway, since this has worked to Auburn's advantage it's a good thing. I'm thinking the NCAA is losing it's grip. Justin Fields being granted immediate eligibility at OSU is a good example.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

I see a difference between Osborne, who was on the team through a complete cycle, and Moore & Kelly, who were here briefly and left. Perhaps the NCAA does not see that difference, or considering the heat the NCAA has been facing lately they are simply throwing up their hands and yelling "Do Whatever!"

Anyway, since this has worked to Auburn's advantage it's a good thing. I'm thinking the NCAA is losing it's grip. Justin Fields being granted immediate eligibility at OSU is a good example.

Maybe the NCAA is finally doing what is best for the player instead of looking out for the team.  For to long coaches who were under contract could cut and run but kids who found out school did not fit their game or system changed were stuck with having to sit out a year to transfer. Giving players a little more flexibility in transferring or a chance to join a team because no football at HS this year is what should happen.  Now that said I don't think it should be unlimited one transfer to anywhere without sitting out second time you sit out a year.  

• Thanks 1

247 has moved MJJ to the 2020 rankings but hasn't ranked him yet. Rivals says they will move him to the 2020 class when they get confirmation of his reclassification.

13 hours ago, ellitor said:

247 has moved MJJ to the 2020 rankings but hasn't ranked him yet. Rivals says they will move him to the 2020 class when they get confirmation of his reclassification.

Do you expect the Composite to be changed on 247, or just the 247 only rankings?

46 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Do you expect the Composite to be changed on 247, or just the 247 only rankings?

@Rednilla In terms of rank order both. Since there are many more prospects evaluated & rated for 2020 since that class is essentially over Keith thinks his ranking order will likely go down on both even if his 247 rating doesn't. Today will be interesting to watch. It's the 3rd Wedenesday of the month which means 247 will update their player rankings.

Just now, ellitor said:

In terms of rank order both. Since there are many more prospects evaluated & rated for 2020 since that class is essentially over Keith thinks his ranking order will likely go down on both even if his 247 rating doesn't. Today will be interesting to watch. It's the 3rd Wedenesday of the month which means 247 will update their player rankings.

Well, at least we'll have a little more space between us and #8 in the Composite. No chance we make up the difference between us and #6 with one relatively low 4 star.

Just now, Rednilla said:

Well, at least we'll have a little more space between us and #8 in the Composite. No chance we make up the difference between us and #6 with one relatively low 4 star.

Right now he's an upper mid 4* FWIW. But yes feel short of passing aTm for 6th.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Right now he's an upper mid 4* FWIW. But yes feel short of passing aTm for 6th.

I thought he was at #191? Wouldn't that be in the lower half of 4 stars? Or are there like 350 of them?

4 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

I thought he was at #191? Wouldn't that be in the lower half of 4 stars? Or are there like 350 of them?

Right now he is 138 on the composite & 156 on 247. And yes there are about 325-350 4* & 5*s.

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Right now he is 138 on the composite & 156 on 247. And yes there are about 325-350 4* & 5*s.

Could have sworn when I looked at it a couple of days ago, he was 191. 138 seems more befitting his speed. But then, nobody asked me. :laugh:

20 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Could have sworn when I looked at it a couple of days ago, he was 191. 138 seems more befitting his speed. But then, nobody asked me. :laugh:

@Rednilla that was before 247 moved him to the 2020 class Monday. Go look now. lol

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

@Rednilla that was before 247 moved him to the 2020 class Monday. Go look now. lol

Wait, he's ranked higher in the 2020 class than he was in the 2021 class?

5 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Yes. Or no. Whichever you prefer. 

Okay, gents, glad we got that settled! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yes. Or no. Whichever you prefer. 

Okay, gents, glad we got that settled! 

Well, I just figured that with everyone in that class being a year more developed, he would be more likely to drop a little. Doesn't really matter either way, so long as he's on the team this season, I just find it curious.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Well, I just figured that with everyone in that class being a year more developed, he would be more likely to drop a little. Doesn't really matter either way, so long as he's on the team this season, I just find it curious.

Appreciate you taking the joke in the spirit it was intended in and being a good sport about it. You guys are actually talking about the recruit to whom the thread is dedicated, which means you're way more on point than most of the threadjacks I participate in.

27 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

@Rednilla Yes for now. Just how the transposition worked out from 2021 to 2020. 247 hasn't given him a fresh rating yet which will affect his 247 & composite ranking order.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

@Rednilla Yes for now. Just how the transposition worked out from 2021 to 2020. 247 hasn't given him a fresh rating yet which will affect his 247 & composite ranking order.

Damn, this dude is so fast he just started running backward from the future and boom he's an Auburn Tiger from the past. 

Sincerely,
Joke that might've been slightly funny right after it was announced that he'd reclassify

• Haha 2