2020 4* WR Malcolm "The Jet" Johnson Commits to AU!

ellitor

2 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

I would be all for developing a package for this, but there's no way Gus would allow it to be used for more than a drive, I don't think. 

yeah scoring 59 points a game is boring.    I am not throwing rocks at you, just shrugging my shoulders at Gus.

Look, the conference has caught up with Gus' offense, the rules got changed and we don't even try to go fast like we did in 2009-2013 - it's time to give Chad a chance to reinvent things.   2021  is setting up to be a record setting season.

Okay, so I'm confused. He's enrolling for this season, but he's still being counted in the 21 class? Have they just not updated the rankings or something?

7 minutes ago, Beaker said:

yeah scoring 59 points a game is boring.    I am not throwing rocks at you, just shrugging my shoulders at Gus.

Look, the conference has caught up with Gus' offense, the rules got changed and we don't even try to go fast like we did in 2009-2013 - it's time to give Chad a chance to reinvent things.   2021  is setting up to be a record setting season.

Mississippi Valley State wasn't exactly playing against the SEC, and they had arguably the greatest wide receiver of all time on the roster. I'm not saying the offense doesn't have potential, and I absolutely want to give Morris the keys and let him run things as he sees fit, but I question how this would be better for us when we just signed a 5 star running back and signed two 4 stars in the class before that. The innovative thing would be to utilize all of the weapons, not start running some system of 5 wide outs that was super successful a decade and a half before any of these kids were born.

31 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Love the reference.👍

I know it doesn’t get the pub a lot of movies do but varsity blues is one of my top five all time sports movies.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

It's called the Oop-dee-oop. Get it right! :tease:

Or as Coach Kilmer would say, “The Oop-dee-F’n-Oop?!...give me a break!”

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rednilla said:

I would be all for developing a package for this, but there's no way Gus would allow it to be used for more than a drive, I don't think. 

Gus needs to get over himself ! This is the perfect season to allow things like this. There is no championship to play for at all. Let’s start trying new things. We have way too much talent and speed to let this go to waste .

but I can see Gus looking at chad just like coach Kilmer . “Remember , we are a running team.”

B724E58D-7E3E-4B4D-9AF3-F71A70B6C65C.jpeg

Edited by DAG

13 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Okay, so I'm confused. He's enrolling for this season, but he's still being counted in the 21 class? Have they just not updated the rankings or something?

@Rednilla nothing to be confused about. Sites don’t change the class they have a recruit ranked in the day the recruit reclassifies. 247 will put him in the 20 class this coming Monday. Keith said his rating itself will probably stay the same at 93 but because there’s so many more prospects that have been evaluated in the 2020 class his overall ranking order number will drop. No clue when rivals will place him in the 2020 class. ESPN is unlikely to make the change.

1 hour ago, Rednilla said:

Mississippi Valley State wasn't exactly playing against the SEC, and they had arguably the greatest wide receiver of all time on the roster. I'm not saying the offense doesn't have potential, and I absolutely want to give Morris the keys and let him run things as he sees fit, but I question how this would be better for us when we just signed a 5 star running back and signed two 4 stars in the class before that. The innovative thing would be to utilize all of the weapons, not start running some system of 5 wide outs that was super successful a decade and a half before any of these kids were born.

I think you are taking me literally - 5 wide and no running game.  

Sorry for the confusion.

I am just saying sling it around and spread the field on every play: make them defend sideline to sideline and put pressure on every single defender, every play with a legit passing attack, which opens the running game.  

Time to reinvent the Hurry Up:   maybe call it    Hurry Up and Watch This!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Their is no championship to play for at all.

The NCAA did say there weren't going to have a championship, but the NCAA forgot that they have zero bearing or input of the College Football Playoffs, just like they didn't in the BCS. They may not recognize it, but if there is a season and the conferences agree to play it, then there will be a Championship playoff and everyone besides the NCAA will acknowledge it and remember it. The NCAA is throwing weight around that they just don't have.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, bigbird said:

The NCAA did say there weren't going to have a championship, but the NCAA forgot that they have zero bearing or input of the College Football Playoffs, just like they didn't in the BCS. They may not recognize it, but if there is a season and the conferences agree to play it, then there will be a Championship playoff and everyone besides the NCAA will acknowledge it and remember it. The NCAA is throwing weight around that they just don't have.

Nothing more gross than throwing around a bunch of weight in others faces.

• Haha 1

I usually go 8-4 on Gus but I’m calling an undefeated season now.   With questionable or “*” possibilities, it’s the perfect setup.    It’s The Most Auburn Thing Ever to win them all during a pandemic!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

man I can't wait to see the twitter video of 'The Jet" vs "Swartz" race!!!!!!! You Know its coming!!!

It would be titled 'The Jet" vs "The Flash".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, toddc said:

Nothing more gross than throwing around a bunch of weight in others faces.

I'm praying abw doesn't see this. I don't want to know what gif he would post in response.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I'm praying abw doesn't see this. I don't want to know what gif he would post in response.

A stink face from Rikishi would be spot on here. I'm not a gif efficianado

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

0FD1BDC8-534A-43E1-B04D-C8AD06B0243E.jpeg

1 hour ago, ArgoEagle said:

A stink face from Rikishi would be spot on here. I'm not a gif efficianado

It would but abw would go way beyond that.

19 hours ago, ellitor said:

Looks like @McLoofus may be right again. (At some point I'm going to get tired of saying that. lol) FWIW Mark Murphy said he was told that the WRs are being coached to play all of the positions this year.

Do that mean we can count them as OL too?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Worst kept secret in football. We've been calling them "split stand up linemen" this entire time.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, jared52 said:

IDK. @Mikey is the czar of all things OL numbers counting.

36 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Beef 'em up a little and they'll be good to go. :) Doubt we'll need them there though, we've always got the numbers at OL. Maybe this year we'll have a coach that can get the potential out of all that depth.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ellitor said:

It would but abw would go way beyond that.

Sounds very nasty😨

• Like 1

On 8/14/2020 at 5:04 PM, ellitor said:

I know it doesn’t get the pub a lot of movies do but varsity blues is one of my top five all time sports movies.

The blond!

Does Auburn have a scholarship available for 'Jet'???? I thought we were at our 85 limit???