Just Mercy

aubiefifty

this movie is available to stream free for folks with amazon prime. it is a story of racial injustice in monroe alabama which is where the author of to kill a mockingbird lived. the lawyer is the guy that played the boxer in the two creed movies. i thought it was very well done and it was an eye opener. i just wanted to pass this along. for the record the movie is streaming a couple of other places as well but i cannot find the article. one guy in the movie was in the ballad of buster scruggs as the singing gunslinger and he has some serious acting chops. anyway just thought some of you might be interested.

On 6/6/2020 at 9:37 AM, aubiefifty said:

i just wanted to pass this along.

Well done and indeed an eye opener fidy.  Reading a Grisham book called The Guardian. Not about racial injustice as much as innocent people on death row.  Thanks for recommendation.

On 6/6/2020 at 10:37 AM, aubiefifty said:

this movie is available to stream free for folks with amazon prime. it is a story of racial injustice in monroe alabama which is where the author of to kill a mockingbird lived. the lawyer is the guy that played the boxer in the two creed movies. i thought it was very well done and it was an eye opener. i just wanted to pass this along. for the record the movie is streaming a couple of other places as well but i cannot find the article. one guy in the movie was in the ballad of buster scruggs as the singing gunslinger and he has some serious acting chops. anyway just thought some of you might be interested.

Not to get to picky but Harper Lee is from/lived in Monroeville, Al. I use to play a good bit of golf there during summer breaks from Auburn with my best friend at Auburn. His grandmother lived in Monroeville and grew up with Harper Lee became as close as one could be with Harper Lee who was a very private person. Yes I saw the court house and were Harper lived but never ever came close to meeting her. Monroeville was a nice little town but it did have some secrets. The movie looks good I plan on watching it thanks for recommendation

As a side note Monroeville had one of the best 9 hole golf courses I ever played. 

9 holes (Private Equity)
613 Golf Dr
Monroeville, AL 36460-2293

10 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Not to get to picky but Harper Lee is from/lived in Monroeville, Al. I use to play a good bit of golf there during summer breaks from Auburn with my best friend at Auburn. His grandmother lived in Monroeville and grew up with Harper Lee became as close as one could be with Harper Lee who was a very private person. Yes I saw the court house and were Harper lived but never ever came close to meeting her. Monroeville was a nice little town but it did have some secrets. The movie looks good I plan on watching it thanks for recommendation

As a side note Monroeville had one of the best 9 hole golf courses I ever played. 

9 holes (Private Equity)
613 Golf Dr
Monroeville, AL 36460-2293

yes i got the name wrong. they kept saying in the movie to go visit harpers home. maybe monroeville is in monroe county?

29 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

yes i got the name wrong. they kept saying in the movie to go visit harpers home. maybe monroeville is in monroe county?

Yep

Donated to the Equal Justice Initiative and then watched that movie kind of by accident. Pretty cool to learn exactly how that got started. Scary stuff. My wife turned to me during the movie and said, "This happened in *1992*, wtf". 

22 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Well done and indeed an eye opener fidy.  Reading a Grisham book called The Guardian. Not about racial injustice as much as innocent people on death row.  Thanks for recommendation.

I’ll get that next on audiobook. I listen while cycling. Love Grisham. Thx. An innocent man on Netflix is good too. Documentary on his only nonfiction book. 

1 hour ago, alexava said:

I’ll get that next on audiobook. I listen while cycling. Love Grisham. Thx. An innocent man on Netflix is good too. Documentary on his only nonfiction book. 

Read that one.  Met Grisham at an Auburn baseball game when his son was playing for Virginia. Several rain delays,  the game started early afternoon and lasted well into the evening. By coincidence we were seated in the same block. Neat guy. During one of the delays I went home and got one of his books which he signed.  Odd, he signed it and wrote " Go War Eagles".  

Archived