words matter

aubiefifty

1 minute ago, wdefromtx said:

Yep, that’s exactly what the media likes to do is spin it. 

You guys excuse everything. Now tell me he wasn’t mocking the disabled reporter. That’s one of my favorite spins y’all have.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

You’re bad mouthing a good chunk of Trump’s base.

Perhaps. I wouldn't know. What I do know is I nailed you and a handful of other like minded individuals on the thread.

2 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Perhaps. I wouldn't know. What I do know is I nailed you and a handful of other like minded individuals on the thread.

You’re as delusional as your cult leader. 🤣😂

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

You’re as delusional as your cult leader. 🤣😂

Coming from you Vlad Jr. that's just precious.

13 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

You guys excuse everything. Now tell me he wasn’t mocking the disabled reporter. That’s one of my favorite spins y’all have.

I don’t know what “you guys” is referring to, because you have no idea of any of my political affiliations or who I endorse. Your response however says a lot about yours. 

I can’t comment on if he mocked or didn’t mock a disabled reporter one way or another. But it’s irrelevant to what I said about this particular event. And besides I said he says stupid stuff. 

Now show me where he said specifically said to use disinfectant. 

7 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

I don’t know what “you guys” is referring to, because you have no idea of any of my political affiliations or who I endorse. Your response however says a lot about yours. 

I can’t comment on if he mocked or didn’t mock a disabled reporter one way or another. But it’s irrelevant to what I said about this particular event. And besides I said he says stupid stuff. 

Now show me where he said specifically said to use disinfectant. 

Thursday night during a news conference, Trump speculated that injecting disinfectants into humans could be a possible cure for COVID-19. 

"I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute," Trump said. "And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning? As you see, it gets in the lungs, it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that."

That musing prompted Lysol to issue a statement Friday that urged users not to ingest the cleaning product.

so go ahead and spin that...................you as well 78.

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

Thursday night during a news conference, Trump speculated that injecting disinfectants into humans could be a possible cure for COVID-19. 

"I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute," Trump said. "And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning? As you see, it gets in the lungs, it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that."

That musing prompted Lysol to issue a statement Friday that urged users not to ingest the cleaning product.

so go ahead and spin that...................you as well 78.

Lmao!! 

He says “ is there anyway we can do something like that by injection”

“Something like”, obviously implies something that can kill the virus quickly like a disinfectant. 

Now if he would have said “maybe we can inject disinfectant “. Then yeah, he’s dumb and obviously deserves any ridicule he gets. 

This isn’t spin, it’s common sense. Which obviously lots of folks seem to be lacking. But in this particular case I believe it’s just folks bias and hatred for someone shining through. 

43 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Figured it is worth putting this here as well from a comment on another post.

He says a bunch of stupid things, but the way the media twisted the disinfectant stuff is just dumb. Anyone with half a brain can realize he was making an analogy to something that works quick like disinfectant. And if one automatically jumps to thinking he really meant it is blinded by their own bias. 

There’s plenty of things the media can call him out on, no need to make crap up. lol 

I watched the video with my own eyes. I don't listen to or need the media to tell me how to think. I believe the president was out of his element and should have kept quiet. To be honest, he looked like an idiot, and it was all on him because he can't keep his damn mouth shut. 

3 minutes ago, creed said:

I watched the video with my own eyes. I don't listen to or need the media to tell me how to think. I believe the president was out of his element and should have kept quiet. To be honest, he looked like an idiot, and it was all on him because he can't keep his damn mouth shut. 

I watched it to and have the same take as WDEFROMTX. However, he often looks like an idiot or speaks like an idiot and he'll never keep his mouth shut. Just ain't happening.

2 minutes ago, creed said:

He looks like an idiot a lot, but I watched the clip and my first thought was immediately he’s trying to make an analogy. 

2 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

He looks like an idiot a lot, but I watched the clip and my first thought was immediately he’s trying to make an analogy. 

Same

1 minute ago, wdefromtx said:

Why does he do this a lot? There is no reason for it, unless there is a character flaw. In my opinion if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...it's probably a freaking duck.

8 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Lmao!! 

He says “ is there anyway we can do something like that by injection”

“Something like”, obviously implies something that can kill the virus quickly like a disinfectant. 

Now if he would have said “maybe we can inject disinfectant “. Then yeah, he’s dumb and obviously deserves any ridicule he gets. 

This isn’t spin, it’s common sense. Which obviously lots of folks seem to be lacking. But in this particular case I believe it’s just folks bias and hatred for someone shining through. 

tell me with a straight face people would have still done the same stupid crap drinking bleach or shooting the crap they are doing if he had not said that. go ahead..........i will even wait.

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

tell me with a straight face people would have still done the same stupid crap drinking bleach or shooting the crap they are doing if he had not said that. go ahead..........i will even wait.

and let me add it is not just three or four people calling hospitals, etc to see if it is true.

6 minutes ago, creed said:

Why does he do this a lot? There is no reason for it, unless there is a character flaw. In my opinion if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...it's probably a freaking duck.

I think he wants to be the smartest man in the room. He isn't. 

He goes into these meetings and hears medical expertise and feels somehow obligated to share? IDK.

Here is what I do know, I don't take medical advice from him nor any politician.  

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

The Hardest "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" Quiz You'll ...

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

and let me add it is not just three or four people calling hospitals, etc to see if it is true.

Lots of cousin Eddies in the world fidy.

Just now, aubiefifty said:

If someone listened to half the media and tried to drink or inject bleach or whatever that’s on them and if they listened to the press conference themselves and came up with that same conclusion and tried it as well, that’s also on them. 

3 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

I think he wants to be the smartest man in the room. He isn't. 

He goes into these meetings and hears medical expertise and feels somehow obligated to share? IDK.

Here is what I do know, I don't medical advice from him nor any politician.  

This is exactly why. He has to be the center of attention. 

2 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

This is exactly why. He has to be the center of attention. 

Out of likes but yep.

1 hour ago, wdefromtx said:

If someone listened to half the media and tried to drink or inject bleach or whatever that’s on them and if they listened to the press conference themselves and came up with that same conclusion and tried it as well, that’s also on them. 

Yeah, it's the media's fault.:rolleyes:   For reporting what the president says, with video! :laugh:

You should be a part of Dear Leader's press team.:no:

4 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

Exactly, anybody who thinks he literally meant to drink disinfectant is a damn fool and deserves to be eliminated from the gene pool. He was exchanging ideas with the lab guy about the effects on the virus of UV light, temperature, humidity and disinfectants. Trump could have been aware of something too.

Cedars Sinai has been working on a procedure that can administer UV light internally through an esophageal tube to the lungs. This has been going on since 2016. Just last week they announced a partnership with a science lab to take it to the next level. On disinfectants, Trump was talking about the surface, but, as far as internal disinfectants and caustic chemicals are concerned, that is what chemotherapy is all about. My wife is on chemo so I am well aware of that. So no, his comments weren't out of the realm at all. Certain hyper-reactions, not so much. 

6 hours ago, homersapien said:

Yeah, it's the media's fault.:rolleyes:   For reporting what the president says, with video! :laugh:

You should be a part of Dear Leader's press team.:no:

Show me where he explicitly said to “inject disinfectant.” 

You can’t, because he didn’t. 

Archived