Trump’s plan to reopen America can’t work without a massive surge in testing

homersapien

7 hours ago, Grumps said:

Image may contain: 2 people, possible text that says 'How about anybody who wants to remain quarantined can stay at home while the rest of us go back to living our lives as we choose... After all it's "my body, my choice" isn't that right...?'

Pretty funny!!!

Much what is beginning to look like and the way it will be. By Home Depot and Lowes  Saturday afternoon at PCB. Both places looked like grand central station. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Much what is beginning to look like and the way it will be. By Home Depot and Lowes  Saturday afternoon at PCB. Both places looked like grand central station. 

“I’m off work, better risk contamination to plant new daisies before it gets too late”

8 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

“I’m off work, better risk contamination to plant new daisies before it gets too late”

Have no clue what folks are thinking. Personally opted to drive on by. My guess is 50/50 on people wearing mask from the few times I have been out. 

13 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Have no clue what folks are thinking. Personally opted to drive on by. My guess is 50/50 on people wearing mask from the few times I have been out. 

Past week or so I’ve seen more people with masks than not. Especially at Trader Joe’s, it was probably 90/10 people with masks to those without(I was one of those without). 

I expect to see fewer and fewer people with protection over the next 10 or 15 days. 

10 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

If those that are so itching to get back to work, I wouldn’t mind taking a couple weeks off in your stay. 

I’m an only child. I was born into this. 

You are damn lucky to be an only child.

17 hours ago, Grumps said:

Image may contain: 2 people, possible text that says 'How about anybody who wants to remain quarantined can stay at home while the rest of us go back to living our lives as we choose... After all it's "my body, my choice" isn't that right...?'

Pretty funny!!!

Pretty asinine and ignorant! Pretty surprising that people spend this much time talking about this without having any idea how any of it works! 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

That's unfortunate. Can't feel too sorry for the guy but his family doesn't deserve that. 

I do feel sorry for him. I felt the same way (albeit very early). I eventually started paying attention to the experts before I got sick or made a complete ass of myself. I see folks everyday who still have this mindset. There is one thing most of them have in common......

8 minutes ago, alexava said:

I do feel sorry for him. I felt the same way (albeit very early). I eventually started paying attention to the experts before I got sick or made a complete ass of myself. I see folks everyday who still have this mindset. There is one thing most of them have in common......

Good on you. I don't have that same frame of reference but it shouldn't matter and I should be more gracious. 

Just really hard for me to imagine people still being cavalier about this. Some of them occasionally make a decent point but so much of it is just pure stupidity. Not even ignorance, but genuine stupidity. And like you said...

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Good on you. I don't have that same frame of reference but it shouldn't matter and I should be more gracious. 

Just really hard for me to imagine people still being cavalier about this. Some of them occasionally make a decent point but so much of it is just pure stupidity. Not even ignorance, but genuine stupidity. And like you said...

The day that really sticks out to me is the NCAA announced that the tournament would not have fans. That was my first time to think the world was losing its mind. Within the next 24 hours I started paying more attention. Rich greedy people don’t voluntarily forfeit millions/billions just to make trump look bad. 
       I do think my area is ready to go back to normal in phases. North Alabama never got overwhelmed Hospitals. That’s why we started the mitigation practices. The bigger cities are not ready. 

23 minutes ago, alexava said:

The day that really sticks out to me is the NCAA announced that the tournament would not have fans. That was my first time to think the world was losing its mind. Within the next 24 hours I started paying more attention. Rich greedy people don’t voluntarily forfeit millions/billions just to make trump look bad. 
       I do think my area is ready to go back to normal in phases. North Alabama never got overwhelmed Hospitals. That’s why we started the mitigation practices. The bigger cities are not ready. 

Same down here in the Lowcountry. Just not seeing the numbers. Have to think population density plays a role but I'm not sure. 

Here are the innovations we need to reopen the economy

By

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

He's trying to change the subject.  ;)

Right, because remaining quarantined has NOTHING to do with re-opening the country. 😀

16 minutes ago, Grumps said:

Right, because remaining quarantined has NOTHING to do with re-opening the country. 😀

So why was it "pretty funny"?

8 minutes ago, homersapien said:

So why was it "pretty funny"?

The guy in the photo is in a comedy called "The Office." It's a comedy because it's supposed to be funny. The topic on the easel is very serious. So the dichotomy of a guy from a comedy posting such a serious message is "pretty funny" to me.

What do you think about the message? Should people have a choice regarding staying at home?

Archived