UAB vs. Appalachian State

aubiefifty

Blazer Buzz: UAB vs. Appalachian State TV info, key matchups

Today 7:36 AM

2 minutes

The details:

WHAT: 2019 R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl: UAB (9-4, 6-2 C-USA) vs No. 20 Appalachian State (12-1, 7-1 Sun Belt)

WHEN: Saturday at 8 p.m. CT

WHERE: Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans, Louisiana

SERIES: First Meeting

TV: ESPN

LINE: UAB at +17

THIS GAME WILL DETERMINE…

How UAB stacks up against a ranked opponent after suffering the worst loss of the Bill Clark era. Additionally, with only 14 seniors on roster, it’ll be a good chance to see the potential of the 2020 team.

THREE THINGS TO LOOK FOR

1. Superunkown. The UAB offense went from a high-flying passing scheme to multiple O-line sets and a power running game this season. With that in mind, it’s time to open up the playbook and see what the offense can accomplish with only three starters graduating from the unit.

2. Treetop Flyer. Although the idea of forcing App State to abandon its rushing game seems like a good idea, Mountaineer quarterback Zac Thomas has the passing skills and escapability to do enough damage on his own.

3. I Fought the Law. Some of the largest negative plays for UAB this season have not occurred between the whistles but rather after them. With an aggressive mentality, the Blazers have let their emotions spill over at times and that cannot happen against an Appalachian State team that thrives on taking advantage of silly mistakes that can be prevented.

KEY MATCHUP

UAB’s front seven vs. Appalachian State’s offensive line: The Mountaineers rely heavily on the run so controlling the line of scrimmage will be paramount for the Blazers. As one of the best run defenses in the nation, UAB has a chance to make Appalachian State one-dimensional if it can stop the run early and force the Mountaineers to pass more than they’ve planned.

Just tuned in because I thought this would probably be the best game of the day only to discover Beth Mowens doing play by play. Maybe I'll just watch on mute for a little while. Ughh

The officials are trying to keep App State in this game. Bad PF call on UAB DB who jumped straight up on a FG attempt and the OL stepped under him to draw the landing on penalty.  Then on the ensuing TD for App State the receiver intentionally kicked the UAB DB in the head.  No call with the back judge standing right there looking at it. 

The officiating of major, timely calls or no calls was very one sided.  There were many calls against App State but none were at a critical time.  The major calls or no calls against UAB were very timely to the advantage of App State. 

I believe the REC was behind it.  😳

On 12/22/2019 at 7:19 AM, around4ever said:

I believe the REC was behind it.  😳

Heathens! 😈

I have a question. Has the rule for fumbling on 4th down changed? App. State fumbled the ball on a fourth down play, but another player picked the ball up and ran for a touchdown.

Archived