Morris will have 'a lot of influence' on offense

aubiefifty

9 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

I hope it turns out for the best, but this guy -much like Gus- hasn’t exactly set the world on fire the latter part of a decade. I would feel a lot better if Gus hired an offensive coordinator outside of his particular box and actually gave them the job. Morris is pretty much out of the same school as Gus offensively and has had an even worse transition to  a head SEC job. And I think it’s safe to assume his input will be highly limited. I expect him to be looking over this next year and take another job by next season. This was like most Gus hires... easy and uninspired.

Hire somebody like who?

This thing has the makings of a mess IMO.

He told Chad he'd call plays, or he wouldn't have accepted the position.

Gus is refusing to reiterate that publicly.

Oh, boy.

12 minutes ago, Tiger said:

This thing has the makings of a mess IMO.

He told Chad he'd call plays, or he wouldn't have accepted the position.

Gus is refusing to reiterate that publicly.

Oh, boy.

Who knows what he told Chad except Gus and Chad?    These so-called 'insiders' may not really know and might also be speculating.

43 minutes ago, triangletiger said:

Who knows what he told Chad except Gus and Chad?    These so-called 'insiders' may not really know and might also be speculating.

Gus will go into next season with plausible deniability no matter which way he chooses to go.  It’s a strategy.

On 12/15/2019 at 10:00 AM, atl-tiger said:

I think Morris will help with passing schemes and QB development. Also boosts recruiting. 

32 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Gus will go into next season with plausible deniability no matter which way he chooses to go.  It’s a strategy.

Yep.  Not a 'bug'.  It's a feature.  

Yeah, I don't care whether he calls the plays or not.  I personally think the maturity and experience he brings to the offensive side of the ball is enormous.  I'm done with the wet behind the ears coaches that have little to no SEC college level coaching under their belt.  It's high time Gus brought in someone with championship level accolades and some HC experience.

1 hour ago, LKEEL75 said:

Calling plays or not, I am excited what he can do for Bo!

Heard an interesting comment today about another school with a situation similar to AUburn.       Question about who's gonna bake the pie and who is gonna serve it up. :-\  

A good point....is it the chef....or the waiter who makes the meal memorable?      Both I guess...

i bet my behind gus took notice with the hire coach o made at lsu and the difference it made this year. i understand not many have faith in gus but you guys have been on him about  route trees and qb coaching and he has delivered or so it would seem. morris is already working with qb's so how about giving gus a little credit. the fact that gus trusts morris is huge and we can reap huge benefits from it.i am betting a new route tree and a mix of gus and chads offense will improve guses offense even if chad does not call plays.

It won’t matter who calls what plays. If our offensive line can create a running game, we can be very good. If it cannot, we won’t be much better than last year. 

4 minutes ago, alexava said:

It won’t matter who calls what plays. If our offensive line can create a running game, we can be very good. If it cannot, we won’t be much better than last year. 

True, but curious to see how the play calling changes if and when we do struggle to run the ball.

Morris may have influence over the offense but it will be bad.  While he was at Clemson his offense was 23, 6 and 8 while falling to 50 his final year at Clemson.  Who's offense does that sound like looking really good for a couple of years then falling way off after.  When people say he is a lot like Gus, are really apoplectic.   While he didnt have very much talent at Arkansas, his offense only put up 20 against Portland State and 19 against Western Kentucky talking about poor offensive performance.

I’m beyond excited to have Chad Morris as the OC. Clemson would not be where it is at today without Chad Morris. I think he gives us everything that Gus doesn’t...

1. QB Development

2. QB Recruiting

3. More sophisticated passing game

I think it’s going to be a perfect match. I hope we can keep him for at least 4 years. If we can get our OL worked out, then I think we can start putting up scoring numbers similar to 2013-2014. But this time it will be with a much more balanced attack that’s more difficult to defend.

Archived