Auburn drops out of top-15

aubiefifty

al.com

Auburn drops out of top-15 of polls after loss to Georgia

Updated Nov 17, 2019;Posted Nov 17, 2019

2 minutes

Auburn Football

Auburn’s latest loss in the Deep South’s Oldest Rivalry dropped the Tigers out of the top-15 of both the AP and coaches polls Sunday.

Auburn fell three spots from No. 13 to No. 16 in each of the major polls after its 21-14 loss to Georgia at Jordan-Hare Stadium. The coaches poll was was released late Sunday morning, while the AP poll came out early Sunday afternoon. The Bulldogs climbed a spot to No. 4 in both polls with the win, jumping Alabama after the Tide defeated Mississippi State but lost quarterback Tua Tagovailoa to a hip injury.

Auburn remains the fifth-highest ranked team in the SEC in both the AP and coaches poll, behind No. 1 LSU, No. 4 Georgia, No. 5 Alabama and No. 10 Florida in each set of rankings. Auburn is one of five three-loss teams in the AP poll, joining No. 19 Iowa, No. 22 Oklahoma State, No. Texas A&M and No. 25 Virginia Tech. In the coaches poll, the Tigers are one of four three-loss teams ranked, with No. 20 Iowa the next closest.

All three of Auburn’s losses this season are to top-10 teams: at No. 10 Florida, at No. 1 LSU and against No. 4 Georgia.

The Tigers were 12th in last week’s College Football Playoff rankings. The latest standings will be revealed Tuesday night.

Tom Green is an Auburn beat reporter for Alabama Media Group. Follow him on Twitter @Tomas_Verde.

5 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

Don't you just love al.com? Headline: "Auburn drops out of top 15", Why not: "Auburn highest ranked 3-loss team at number 16"? They never miss a chance to frame things to suit the REC.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Don't you just love al.com? Headline: "Auburn drops out of top 15", Why not: "Auburn highest ranked 3-loss team at number 16"? They never miss a chance to frame things to suit the REC.

you would be wrong mr mikey. they have been awesome this year. i agree they have taken shots in the past but it is like someone told them to cut it out. they did absolutely nothing but state the facts. i understand we are all hurting but you should rethink your comment or check them out from time to time and see what they are printing. but you are far from the only person that believes this. the thing is i love aufam and enjoy posting stuff so members rarely have to seek out info elsewhere. i am not joining any paying services so i am limited in what i can find to print. but mikey i appreciate you being nice about it.

10 minutes ago, AURealist said:

The Big Question is: 

Will we end the season ranked lower than App State?  I just don't know and the suspense is killing me!     :popcorn:

number five says they are playing for pride now and refuse to give up. so there is hope........

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

you would be wrong mr mikey. they have been awesome this year. i agree they have taken shots in the past but it is like someone told them to cut it out. they did absolutely nothing but state the facts. i understand we are all hurting but you should rethink your comment or check them out from time to time and see what they are printing. but you are far from the only person that believes this. the thing is i love aufam and enjoy posting stuff so members rarely have to seek out info elsewhere. i am not joining any paying services so i am limited in what i can find to print. but mikey i appreciate you being nice about it.

You provide a good service and that keeps me from giving clicks to al.com. Therefore, you are much appreciated. As to their choice of the above headline, I think it speaks for itself, or the REC, which are pretty much the same thing.

13 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I love sugar coating on everything too.

What's new? This happens every year under Gus. We start off in the low to mid teens, climb to the top 10, then plummet to the 20's or lower.

Just now, Mikey said:

You provide a good service and that keeps me from giving clicks to al.com. Therefore, you are much appreciated. As to their choice of the above headline, I think it speaks for itself, or the REC, which are pretty much the same thing.

i like you mikey. i love your heart for all things auburn. i try to help the board out and al.com and tigerland are pretty much all i have for sources. and when comments are made to mein a hateful manner {not yours}  i just go back read the numbers of people reading my articles and thus i find my reward. i never intentionally smear auburn. just remember i try to show aufam some love. i am not paid nor was i asked to do it. it is a labor of love. hope you are doing well.

Do the rankings really matter for us anymore? Don't get me wrong because I am looking forward to our opportunity to knock the criminal tide out of the natty race, but I will be so glad when this season mercifully ends. There was so much talent, especially on defense, absolutely wasted by our inept fearless leader, Arthur Gustavo Malzahn III

Just now, keesler said:

I love sugar coating on everything too.

They sugar coat for the Cringin' Turds. If they were balanced, I wouldn't care. I grew up reading the sports pages in The Miami Herald. They skewered everybody and that was ok. I don't like al.com's lopsided coverage.

Just now, bigbird said:

What's new? This happens every year under Gus. We start off in the low to kid teens, climb to the top 10, then plummet to the 20's or lower.

It's almost like the ranking drops coincide with our big games every year.  If I had to blindly speculate, it's like Gus stomps the teams with little to no defense, and loses to the ones with any defensive pulse.

al.com has been sh*tty to auburn in the past. two or three years ago it was pretty bad. they seem to have cleaned that up.

29 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

All three of Auburn’s losses this season are to top-10 teams: at No. 10 Florida, at No. 1 LSU and against No. 4 Georgia

i am pretty sure that is not smearing auburn mikey. they stated nothing but fact. i am not getting into a twelve page argument over the merits of a newspaper. i have to take a blind frind to the doctor today. hell of a guitar player by the way. so thanx again mikey.......

Auburn falls out of the top 15, Auburn is the highest ranked 3 Loss Team! 

We see these same exact headlines over and over and over and over damn near every year.  I don't understand why that mean old REC bammer media keeps consistently printing this crap?

27 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Not flaming you but do you ever really see a headline like that for a 3 loss team mid season after losing a game?  

16 minutes ago, bigbird said:

What's new? This happens every year under Gus. We start off in the low to kid teens, climb to the top 10, then plummet to the 20's or lower.

The wheels on the bus goes round and round.  Round and round

28 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

al.com has been sh*tty to auburn in the past. two or three years ago it was pretty bad. they seem to have cleaned that up.

Al.com has not really gone out of their way to defile Auburn, as they do exactly what I expect sports media to do.  They build up a team when they do well, and they kick them when they are down.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

Al.com probably set this title for an article several years back and just reuse it each year after the Georgia game. Saves time. 

They had to do a little more work in 2017 but all in all it's an annual event. 

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Because the second one you suggest sounds like putting lipstick on a pig. Things aren't good, so why would AL.com suddenly decide to act like things are good. 

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

It's almost like the ranking drops coincide with our big games every year.  If I had to blindly speculate, it's like Gus stomps the teams with little to no defense, and loses to the ones with any defensive pulse.

It's almost like they prop us up to be everyone's quality win, but when you look at us at seasons end, should we even be considered that? 

Just now, AuburnEagle79 said:

It's almost like they prop us up to be everyone's quality win, but when you look at us at seasons end, should we even be considered that? 

Honestly, with how good our defense is, beating us is not easy.  No one has blown us out and it's not likely to happen in 2 weeks either.  That said, it's frustrating to see that we are that close to being a championship-level team if we could just get our act together offensively.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

I was just talking about that last week how ALabama.com has been better this season. I also want to thank you for posting any articles you find, regardless of the source. I appreciate any info posted regarding AU.

Archived