had to ‘beat the refs’ and Georgia

aubiefifty

19 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

He's talking about the band playing when the center was over the ball. He said, "the game ends next time they do." You can hear it just beforehand.

"That's BS coach, I know it's not your fault. I know it's not your fault but your game manager's gotta take care of it". That's  what I got out of it. Kinda funny he was chewing AU's sideline out for it but it was uga's band at that time doing it. Why would AU's band make it hard to hear for AU's offense? OU and Clemson are notorious for this 

Just now, CAReeves2010 said:

"That's BS coach, I know it's not your fault. I know it's not your fault but your game manager's gotta take care of it". That's  what I got out of it. Kinda funny he was chewing AU's sideline out for it but it was uga's band at that time doing it. Why would AU's band make it hard to hear for the offense? OU and Clemson are notorious for this 

Was it Georgia's band? You may be right. But yeah I think you're right about him saying "I know it's not your fault but your game manager's gotta take care of it." That's what I hear as well. 

15 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

this is what a couple of other posters said when it came up. the music was pushing it close and i was concerned as some teams use the music to their advantage and i know we were pushing it because the music was cutting it very close.. it has been addressed by officials before. and i have no problems admitting i could be wrong.unless you were being funny like 72 suggested i stand by what i said. it could very well have been a sideline warning or something to that effect. it was not because an official wanted to stop play and tell gus his team sucks. come on man.

I didn't say that. And you're suggesting that I said what I did to pile it on Gus. I don't have to pile it on Gus. He's making his own bed. The OP was about the officials, and I responded with what I thought was some questionable events. I was also complementary of Bo and the defense. Nowhere in my post did I bash anyone or come off as malicious. 

I'm not one to go back and forth, but I really don't understand the hostile responses. The high blood pressure, defensive, jumping off the deep responses to something someone else said make no sense. 

On another note, thanks for the insight, regarding the band, because I was confused as to why they were yelling at Gus while Auburn had the ball. Yelling about the noise and the band while AU had the ball never even crossed my mind. 

5 minutes ago, CAReeves2010 said:

"That's BS coach, I know it's not your fault. I know it's not your fault but your game manager's gotta take care of it". That's  what I got out of it. Kinda funny he was chewing AU's sideline out for it but it was uga's band at that time doing it. Why would AU's band make it hard to hear for AU's offense? OU and Clemson are notorious for this 

That's why him yelling about the band or music at that particular time didn't cross my mind. AU had the ball and that additional noise doesn't give AU an advantage. If they were yelling at Gus while UGA had the ball, maybe I would've thought that way. 

5 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Was it Georgia's band? You may be right. But yeah I think you're right about him saying "I know it's not your fault but your game manager's gotta take care of it." That's what I hear as well. 

I thought it was pretty damn unprofessional. If he had an issue he should've pulled Malzahn to the side and explained it, not yelling from 6 yards away where the mics could pick it up. 

3 hours ago, Browning4AU said:

and hearing the refs yelling GM and the Auburn staff what sounded like, "they can't keep playing that s***ty ball!" while holding up the play makes me wonder. 

so what am i supposed to think when i read this? i do not understand this comments nor those made to take up for what you meant ok? is it unreasonable to think you had the sh*tty ball in your mind before typing your response? the refs will never ever stop a game to tell a coach how crappy his team  is playing. i honestly do not know how to state it any simpler ok? so why choose that particular scenario to post? do you understand at all? does anyone out there understand what i am saying without making mr browning think he is being piled on?

7 minutes ago, GAAubie said:

Is there a video of the official yelling at our sideline? 

Just go back 1 page.

Browning even que'd it and watched it for you. 

:poke:

Archived