Coach Steele

aubiefifty

50 minutes ago, shabby said:

I think it's highly unrealistic yes. i think winning top 10 match ups 33% of the time pretty impressive. And I think that its ridiculous that a fan base is screaming fire gus on every thread when we are sitting at 7-2 with two top ten match ups lurking that should be very competitive games. You don't see the fan reaction as ridiculous?

When did 1/3 become better than 2/3? Is that Moo St. or Vandy math Vs. Top 10 match ups? Because I don't think that's a go on The Plains.....Just saying. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, shabby said:

So basically you have been unhappy with Auburn coaches for the last 25 years. Sounds like football is a pretty miserable experience for you. 

Not unhappy so much as think we could have much better. I'm not willing to settle for mediocre.

If you think averaging 5 losses a year and only winning 33% against top teams is an adequate job, then we can just agree to disagree.

9 minutes ago, shabby said:

So basically you have been unhappy with Auburn coaches for the last 25 years. Sounds like football is a pretty miserable experience for you. 

How do you think Gus has done as a recruiter, compared to our other coaches during that span? 

Much better and that's part of coaching isn't it. I think tuberville coach the talent he had better I think Malzahn gets better Talent

5 minutes ago, shabby said:

Much better and that's part of coaching isn't it. I think tuberville coach the talent he had better I think Malzahn gets better Talent

Then I think you ought to understand why expectations may vary, according to the talent on the roster. 

19 hours ago, shabby said:

Without Gus, Steele wouldn't have a job here. I fully remember how critical everyone was here when Gus made this hire. 

You don't know that.  His brother is still Associate AD without Gus and that, along with wanting to vest in the state retirement system and be closer to his family, got him to Auburn.  Not Gus.

17 hours ago, bigbird said:

Not unhappy so much as think we could have much better. I'm not willing to settle for mediocre.

If you think averaging 5 losses a year and only winning 33% against top teams is an adequate job, then we can just agree to disagree.

Living in Tenn is the only thing giving me pause, moving here in 2007 and hearing everyone scream "Fire Fulmer" all because "We are UT a historically great program, we should be contending every year, Fulmer just doesn't have it"

To nowadays, when only half the people bother putting on the orange anymore, and most have come to accept losing half or nearly half of their scheduled games.

To be clear, I'm still for getting a new HC at this point, it's just scary looking around my neighborhood and seeing what COULD happen to Auburn if they don't make a great hire after Gus.

2 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

You don't know that.  His brother is still Associate AD without Gus and that, along with wanting to vest in the state retirement system and be closer to his family, got him to Auburn.  Not Gus.

lol. love how you state stuff that as fact without one shred of evidence. Malzahn is the head coach. his staff is his staff. He lives and dies by who he gets. if his assistant coaches are garbage he will be held responsible for that. if they are too class like Steele and Garner he gets credit for it. you cant have it both ways. 

6 minutes ago, shabby said:

lol. love how you state stuff that as fact without one shred of evidence. Malzahn is the head coach. his staff is his staff. He lives and dies by who he gets. if his assistant coaches are garbage he will be held responsible for that. if they are too class like Steele and Garner he gets credit for it. you cant have it both ways. 

Steele was given to Gus.

8 minutes ago, shabby said:

21 hours ago, shabby said:

Without Gus, Steele wouldn't have a job here. I fully remember how critical everyone was here when Gus made this hire. 

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Steele was given to Gus.

It's my working hypothesis that Gus has not personally hired a single DC during his tenure.  He wanted Tim Allen from USF and got handed Steele on a silver platter.

Archived