sweeping bama and ga?

aubiefifty

9 minutes ago, triangletiger said:

Just Boobie, IIRC.  I'm not trying to defend Gus, but it seemed to me that it was sort of a letdown/trap game. 

It seemed to me that someone didn't take the game serious enough, coaches/players/trainers I don't know?  

It's possible the team had a let down, but it was the first home game in JHS in a dang month.  To let a 3-5 Ole Miss team take it down to the wire was frustrating as a fan.

35 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Keep in mind, Georgia will be starting their 3rd string center and will be without their top wide receiver in an already pedestrian offense. Playing on the road, I think it's very possible that they don't score more than 14 points (outside of garbage time).

While their defensive statistics are impressive I think Auburn exposes them a little bit. It will still be a close game because Georgia does have a good defense.

Unlike in previous losses under Malzahn we're in a better place coming into the game. We are physically healthier (by all accounts) and we are mentally more prepared in that we haven't lost the let down games (ie 2014 A&M or 2018 Miss St). I recognize that I'm a sunshine pumper but this matchup does have shades of 2017.

Maybe I missed a post refuting this but wasnt it reported that all the centers and the receiver would play for Georgia?

2 minutes ago, keesler said:

It seemed to me that someone didn't take the game serious enough, coaches/players/trainers I don't know?  

It's possible the team had a let down, but it was the first home game in JHS in a dang month.  To let a 3-5 Ole Miss team take it down to the wire was frustrating as a fan.

Agreed, but I think we'll play better against UGA and Bama than we showed against Ole Miss.

• WarTiger changed the title to sweeping bama and ga?
23 hours ago, keesler said:

Auburn has to score 30 pts to beat those two.  They've done it 3 times this year KentSt/MSU/Arkansas.

Well...that's encouraging. :drippingsarcasm7pa:

23 hours ago, keesler said:

Auburn has to score 30 pts to beat those two.  They've done it 3 times this year KentSt/MSU/Arkansas.

I think 30 is reasonable prediction for Alabama, I think 21 get's it done against UGA. I predict a final score of 27-20 the good guys. 

18 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

Maybe I missed a post refuting this but wasnt it reported that all the centers and the receiver would play for Georgia?

I have nothing to confirm but I am pretty certain Cager the WR is playing, I think the Centers are playing too. I did read somewhere that Trey Hill was gimped. Not sure.

On 11/12/2019 at 11:32 AM, keesler said:

And all of these three games Auburn went for at least 50 points. There's no in-between.

We have the talent to beat any team in the country. Bama & UGA are not as dominate as last year..that's pretty clear. We can certainly sweep them. However, we all know what holds us back and it's been talked about all season. And let's say we do sweep....heck that would make me even more angry with the fact that we should've beaten FL and LSU; especially if we sweep and end up #5 or #6 in the rankings. It would show just how much of a championship team we are and inept of a HC we have; but we already know that. There's zero doubt in my mind that with average QB play and offense production that we're a playoff team...zero doubt. 

19 hours ago, WarEagle1983 said:

We have the talent to beat any team in the country. Bama & UGA are not as dominate as last year..that's pretty clear. We can certainly sweep them. However, we all know what holds us back and it's been talked about all season. And let's say we do sweep....heck that would make me even more angry with the fact that we should've beaten FL and LSU; especially if we sweep and end up #5 or #6 in the rankings. It would show just how much of a championship team we are and inept of a HC we have; but we already know that. There's zero doubt in my mind that with average QB play and offense production that we're a playoff team...zero doubt. 

This.This.This. This. This.....

On 11/12/2019 at 11:37 AM, Zeek said:

It’s possible. Gus coaches like a maniac when his job is on the line, in a good way.

Yeah and if we somehow win those games the cycle will continue. Yeah sure there's a possibility we win both but the following years we lose to both as the trend suggests.

On 11/13/2019 at 11:55 AM, WarEagle1983 said:

talented, agree...except in the OL. 

I would like to say that our offensive deficiencies are due to an inexperienced QB who should get better as this season went along. But it's been more than that over the last 6 years.

Unlike LSU who recognized what was needed to make their team an elite offensive team, went out and got a passing expert to work with their OC. See the results?

We have a HC that can't work with that same type of needed coach to elevate his offense to beat any team in the country. 

Playing at home is suppose to be our advantage, but i feel that our offensive issues will continue to show up, when we play the better teams, regardless if it is now at home. Nix's better stats at home are against the weaker defensive teams. 

Not Saturday or in 2 weeks. 

We won't sweep Georgia, Samford and Alabama. With Gus calling the plays, we'll be darn lucky if we can beat Samford. Remember when we played Jacksonville State in Jordan-Hare? we were big favorites to beat the Gamecocks. The final was Auburn 27 Jacksonville State 20 in OT.

On 11/12/2019 at 11:52 AM, I_M4_AU said:

This is why Gus is so endearing to many on this site.

Its also why he is so frustrating. because we know what Gus is capable of. If he would just coach that way for an entire season, with the talent we have, how good could this team be?

51 minutes ago, tw4au said:

Its also why he is so frustrating. because we know what Gus is capable of. If he would just coach that way for an entire season, with the talent we have, how good could this team be?

I made a comment before the season started that if Gus won the NC this year he should be fired on principle. I agree with your statement.

Archived