Do you want to ask Gus a question? Here's how

aubiefifty

Submit your bye week questions to Gus Malzahn for ‘Tiger Talk’

Posted Nov 04, 2019

1-2 minutes

Auburn Football

Todd Van Emst/AU Athletics

After beating Ole Miss 20-14, Auburn is heading into its second bye of the 2019 season. The Tigers are 7-2 with the win over the Rebels, but they said they did not play up to their standards in the win.

Do you want to ask Gus Malzahn a question during the bye week?

By submitting a question in the comments section here or on AL.com’s Auburn Facebook page, you could have your question answered when Malzahn makes his weekly appearance on the “Tiger Talk” radio show. He will join host Andy Burcham on air Thursday at 6 p.m. CT to discuss the first nine games and the tough games awaiting them after the break.

We’ll select a handful of questions to submit to the show’s producers, and Malzahn will answer them live on the show. You can listen to the show live on select affiliates, or check out AL.com on Friday to hear a replay of the full broadcast.

Don't wanna question him too much the players might take it as a slight to them 🙄

While Tiger Talk is a good thing, Gus on there is a colossal waste of time, no doubt.

Had a great week of practice, looking forward to the bye week, so the guys with some minor nicks and bruises can heal up .

We are working on cleaning up some mistakes, focus on kick off coverage, special teams which was unexpected issue against Ole Miss.

Yeah I have full confidence in our qb and field goal kicker.

We have a plan going forward just need to execute and we will be successful.

These next few game will be a challenge but also a great opportunity to do something special.

Really proud of the defense, Kevin Steel does a great job preparing them , players have worked really hard, proud of our fans, yeah I'm sure they are disappointed but we are too.

etc etc

War Eagle

1 minute ago, TigerOne said:

While Tiger Talk is a good thing, Gus on there is a colossal waste of time, no doubt.

Had a great week of practice, looking forward to the bye week, so the guys with some minor nicks and bruises can heal up .

We are working on cleaning up some mistakes, focus on kick off coverage, special teams which was unexpected issue against Ole Miss.

These next few game will be a challenge but also a great opportunity to do something special.

Really proud of the defense, Kevin Steel does a great job preparing them , players have worked really hard, proud of our fans, yeah I'm sure they are disappointed but we are too.

etc etc

War Eagle

Gus: "Gosh Darnit, someone has a copy of my talking points!"

2 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Gus: "Gosh Darnit, someone has a copy of my talking points!"

What? Wait...I thought that was the actual transcript of the show?

1 minute ago, oracle79 said:

What? Wait...I thought that was the actual transcript of the show?

not only is the play calling predictable and tired so is his segments on Tiger Talk.

Could you imagine what Sabens would say to stupid questions submitted by the fans? It would be 😂

1 minute ago, creed said:

Could you imagine what Sabens would say to stupid questions submitted by the fans? It would be 😂

I don't think Coach Saban would have quite as many situations as to put himself in an opportunity to receive them...but I agree that he probably got tired of the AJ Spank replay...😁

3 minutes ago, creed said:

Oh, napoleon acts like a jerk even if there's a good question.

Thing is, what's your idea of a stupid question to ask Saban?  ... outside of "coach, what exactly IS Emmert doing in those photos you keep in your safe?"

4 hours ago, TigerOne said:

etc etc

War Eagle

79CD1444-99F5-4A6F-957A-738A642E4873.jpeg

7 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

Submit your bye week questions to Gus Malzahn for ‘Tiger Talk’

Posted Nov 04, 2019

1-2 minutes

Auburn Football

Todd Van Emst/AU Athletics

After beating Ole Miss 20-14, Auburn is heading into its second bye of the 2019 season. The Tigers are 7-2 with the win over the Rebels, but they said they did not play up to their standards in the win.

Do you want to ask Gus Malzahn a question during the bye week?

By submitting a question in the comments section here or on AL.com’s Auburn Facebook page, you could have your question answered when Malzahn makes his weekly appearance on the “Tiger Talk” radio show. He will join host Andy Burcham on air Thursday at 6 p.m. CT to discuss the first nine games and the tough games awaiting them after the break.

We’ll select a handful of questions to submit to the show’s producers, and Malzahn will answer them live on the show. You can listen to the show live on select affiliates, or check out AL.com on Friday to hear a replay of the full broadcast.

5 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

The idea of actually being able to ask him a REAL question....

giphy (2).gif

The Tiger Talk Screening Committee:

large.jpg

I remember the days when you could call the coach and talk to him without the call being pre-screened.  I called coach Dye on Tiger Talk during the 80"s live on the air many times and asked him anything that I wanted to. Now coaches hide behind pee-submitted questions and live audience plants so they don't have to answer the fans tough questions. My how times have changed. Coaches today get paid ridiculous astronomical salaries and are shielded from facing the music.

• WarTiger changed the title to Do you want to ask Gus a question? Here's how
4 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Oh, napoleon acts like a jerk even if there's a good question.

Thing is, what's your idea of a stupid question to ask Saban?  ... outside of "coach, what exactly IS Emmert doing in those photos you keep in your safe?"

Here's one. Hey coach what hair color are you using these days cause it's making your hair fall out...😁

7 hours ago, TigerOne said:

etc etc

War Eagle

Nailed it! King of coach speak, Gus

8 hours ago, TigerOne said:

etc etc

War Eagle

I would just add...." Yea and you know...from a coaches standpoint we just gotta keep improovin...gotta get better, and from a coaches standpoint this off week is huge and everything that goes with that"

good grief. of course they only give gus softball questions. this was meant to be funny. and as many of you that are so done with gus i am kinda surprised no one told gus what they thought on here. i guess this is the shocked or numb part of the season where some have given their all and need to catch your breath or have lost all  interest? i had hoped for humor and epic rants.

17 hours ago, Sully to Beasley said:

I remember the days when you could call the coach and talk to him without the call being pre-screened.  I called coach Dye on Tiger Talk during the 80"s live on the air many times and asked him anything that I wanted to. Now coaches hide behind pee-submitted questions and live audience plants so they don't have to answer the fans tough questions. My how times have changed. Coaches today get paid ridiculous astronomical salaries and are shielded from facing the music.

Anyone remember coaches phone numbers in media guide?

10 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

good grief. of course they only give gus softball questions. this was meant to be funny. and as many of you that are so done with gus i am kinda surprised no one told gus what they thought on here. i guess this is the shocked or numb part of the season where some have given their all and need to catch your breath or have lost all  interest? i had hoped for humor and epic rants.

There IS some funny stuff on here, fitty. 

12 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

Hey brother....I tried. :beer2:

2 hours ago, Farmer Brown said:

We will have a package for him this week. We need to get him more involved, definitely. 

That's what they need.  A package for Gus.

....and when the time comes and he's rearing to go, grab him by the scruff of the neck, sling him to the bench and scowl at him.

.....hmmm....sounds familiar.... almost like I witnessed something similar recently....

Hey Coach....

You are currently 

2 of 7 vs LSU

2 of 7 vs Georgia

2 of 6 vs Alabama

also you are 2 and 4 in bowl games.

If you lose vs Georgia and Alabama would you consider resigning so that Auburn can begin rebuilding with out having to worry about firing you?  I'll hang up and listen to your response.

War Eagle!

Archived