Make this the November to remember

aubiefifty

The SEC will do as much as possible to see that bamr makes the CFP. If LSU beats bamr, thus putting bamr in jeopardy of missing out, well you just thought the officiating was crappy in Baton Rouge.

On 11/5/2019 at 9:37 AM, JBiGGiE said:

The playoff has changed the way we perceive regular seasons and I'm beginning to think that it is not for the better...

Now that the barrier to entry into the NCG has been lowered it has devalued the season and conference championships. Hear me out. When the NCG was played as 1 vs 2, the path there was much more narrow, yes, but it also meant that auxiliary goals had much more value. Take conference championships. What used to be an achievement worth celebrating is now just the gateway to the playoff. A 10-2  season where you beat your rival now has less significance because you didn't make it to the championship game. It's no worse a fate than 8-4... This is also why I'm beginning to believe playoff expansion would be even more detrimental to the college game.

I for one will be satisfied with victories over Georgia and Bama, because to me denying those two entry into the playoff would be just as sweet as our own entry, and that's what college football and rivalry is all about.

I would even go so far as to say I miss the really old days where you might have 2 or 3 different bowl games on Jan. 1 that could decide the champ that very day. Even the BCS watered down all the other bowls.  The playoff hasn’t been nearly as exciting as I thought it would be. (Maybe having to watch the gumps in it every year is part of that).

That being said, I still value wins over uga and bama but I do get tired of just playing spoiler. Like ‘72 said. I’ve always looked at winning the SEC as top priority and thats not happening. And as we have seen in the recent past, just because we beat them doesn’t mean they won’t make the playoff...

We are not making the playoffs with two losses. People need to let that pipe dream go. 2017 was an anomaly because one of our losses was out of conference so we still had the ability to win the conference out right. With that being said if we beat Bama and UGA that would be great for the program and the morale of the fanbase, players and coaching staff.

5 hours ago, DAG said:

We are not making the playoffs with two losses. People need to let that pipe dream go. 2017 was an anomaly because one of our losses was out of conference so we still had the ability to win the conference out right. With that being said if we beat Bama and UGA that would be great for the program and the morale of the fanbase, players and coaching staff.

Agree about the playoffs.. what bothers me is that CGM can beat UGA and Bama but why does it take his job being on the line.. or feeling pressure to get those wins.. I want to play like that all year.. and for it not to take 6 to 8 weeks to get into a groove.. 

9 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

Agree about the playoffs.. what bothers me is that CGM can beat UGA and Bama but why does it take his job being on the line.. or feeling pressure to get those wins.. I want to play like that all year.. and for it not to take 6 to 8 weeks to get into a groove.. 

Amen brother.  If he does pull that off...and thats a huge IF...then 80% of our fans will be so happy and forget all that happened before just like 2017.  This is the most aggravating and maddening coaching tenure in football history. 

44 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Amen brother.  If he does pull that off...and thats a huge IF...then 80% of our fans will be so happy and forget all that happened before just like 2017.  This is the most aggravating and maddening coaching tenure in football history. 

Not by me. My Mind would be made that there should be no excuses with some of these other games if we can beat these two. 

2 hours ago, AuMarine said:

When you boil it all down, ^^^ This is all we're asking. ^^^

5 hours ago, DAG said:

Not by me. My Mind would be made that there should be no excuses with some of these other games if we can beat these two. 

Right there with you.  No excuses.. don’t care if we win out. 

On 11/5/2019 at 1:01 PM, I_M4_AU said:

What would be interesting is if Bama beat LSU , but lost to Auburn.  UGA lost to us and still makes the SECCG with two loses and beats Bama to be the SEC champ.  Would the committee choose LSU with one loss over an SEC Champ with two loses?  They did pick OSU over PSU a few years back.  Could you imagine how the unwashed from both Bama and UGA would react.

I could see the SEC Shorts on that one now.

I think the committee will follow its mandate.  Do it’s best to pick the 4 best teams.  Period.  

13 hours ago, weagl1 said:

I think the committee will follow its mandate.  Do it’s best to pick the 4 best teams.  Period.  

In the scenario that I presented above, who would the committee pick as the best between those three?

Archived