Gus on the list to replace taggert

aubiefifty

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, DAG said:

Good! They are in desperate mode. 

My buddy says after Stoops said no; they are forming a committee.

Would be nice to see them get in total desperation mode. To be honest, if they go after Mark Stoops, I just can’t imagine him saying no. But I have no idea about that.

9 hours ago, AU64 said:

Stoops could probably have any job he wants...no reason...including money....to take a job like that....someone just dreaming IMO.

Agree, he was willing to come to campus and be wooed. Maybe that says something.

3 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

My buddy says after Stoops said no; they are forming a committee.

Would be nice to see them get in total desperation mode. To be honest, if they go after Mark Stoops, I just can’t imagine him saying no. But I have no idea about that.

FSU is definitely greater than Kentucky. Just kind of surprised he is in such high regard with them 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

FSU is definitely greater than Kentucky. Just kind of surprised he is in such high regard with them 

Allegedly, third or fourth on the Big Chiefs list.

1 minute ago, TigerFanAU said:

Well... If this is true, maybe he was holding out for more money?

Just sent the article to my buddy, will update when I hear something.

40 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

botch how?  like it our not we have a coach with a long term contract.....sounds like some people have forgotten "jetgate". Generally it's best to do what FSU did which is get rid of your coach before you go offering a job to someone else....though you might also end up like FSU or many others and get your third or forth choice....though I guess you could get lucky like bama with NS after being turned down a couple times. 

I guess nothing should surprise me but Stoops taking FSU?  should have stayed at Oklahoma....and there will be a half dozen better jobs than FSU coming up by the end of the season if he wants to coach again.....might check in with Nebraska for example.  JMO 

9 hours ago, DAG said:

Waiting for that Auburn job 

You really think Stoops wants to play bama, uga, LSU and Tamu every year?  not to mention the rest of the SEC ?   Better take the FSU job with one or maybe two tough games per year….kind of like Oklahoma.

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

He was ours to lose last year. Period

Sure is beginning to seem like it.

My buddy has court today, but he text me and said: the contract is with the agent.

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

You really think Stoops wants to play bama, uga, LSU and Tamu every year?  not to mention the rest of the SEC ?   Better take the FSU job with one or maybe two tough games per year….kind of like Oklahoma.

Why wouldn't he? He'd be getting paid major money either way. FSU is a rebuild at this point and major culture change. At Auburn,  the pieces are there, they're potential is just not being realized. Maybe I'm naive, but I don't believe big name coaches shy away from competition. 

If Stoops goes to FSU they're going to get sponsored by AARP. Him and Mack Brown can have a boomer-off. Hell Spurrier could start coaching in the ACC to complete the old man trifecta.

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

If Stoops goes to FSU they're going to get sponsored by AARP. Him and Mack Brown can have a boomer-off. Hell Spurrier could start coaching in the ACC to complete the old man trifecta.

I’m with you on Mack Brown and Spurrier; I think Bob Stoops may have a few good years left in him.

I mean, he’s not 60 yet, the ACC is weak and don’t be fooled, Florida State can still get top five or top 10 recruiting classes with the right coach. They sure did with Jimbo.

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Generally it's best to do what FSU did which is get rid of your coach before you go offering a job to someone els

You really believe boosters donated $18 million dollars of their own money just to fire Taggart, without a serious replacement? They're just going to hand over that huge amount of money just to hire another possible Taggart experiment? No. Stoops agreed to terms prior to the firing of Taggart. Auburn lost him year when whoever it was leaked the info that someone from the BOT was talking with him.

20 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Well he could have 8 wins a year , not worry about beating those teams , while making life changing money and that would be good with half the fan base. Sounds good to me.

10 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Stoops is only about 2-3 years older now than when Saban took over at Bama.  He could certainly get them on track and have a succession plan in place like he did with Riley at OU.

More and more sites picking up Stoops to FSU is almost a done deal.

Meanwhile, Paul Finebum (who I refuse to listen to) is supposedly saying it will never happen.

So I’m gonna stop chasing the rabbit and just wait and see what transpires. 

31 minutes ago, AU64 said:

botch how?  like it our not we have a coach with a long term contract.....sounds like some people have forgotten "jetgate". Generally it's best to do what FSU did which is get rid of your coach before you go offering a job to someone else....though you might also end up like FSU or many others and get your third or forth choice....though I guess you could get lucky like bama with NS after being turned down a couple times. 

I guess nothing should surprise me but Stoops taking FSU?  should have stayed at Oklahoma....and there will be a half dozen better jobs than FSU coming up by the end of the season if he wants to coach again.....might check in with Nebraska for example.  JMO 

Nebraska better than FSU?

bama got lucky with saban?

Stoops is FSU's third or fourth choice?

Jetgate? 

Puff puff give...

18 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Nebraska better than FSU?

bama got lucky with saban?

Stoops is FSU's third or fourth choice?

Jetgate? 

Puff puff give...

Baby brother is third or fourth choice.

14 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Got a text from cousin who's big FSU fan. Said it's Stoops and they're keeping Briles and Clemons, FWIW.

Almost completely unheard of for new head coaches to maintain current staff

13 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Got a text from cousin who's big FSU fan. Said it's Stoops and they're keeping Briles and Clemons, FWIW.

Welp, let's see what Auburn could've been. I think a lot of us are hoping it doesn't work out. Most of us one one reason, maybe three or four people for another. 

Archived