Gus on the list to replace taggert

aubiefifty

2 hours ago, shabby said:

Just shows you how wacky some of our fans are. He's a terrible coach but every year other schools come after him.  Gus has the 3rd highest percentages of victories against top ten teams of all Auburn coaches. Maybe he aint as terrible as disgruntled fans want to make him out to be.

But look at the talent he has had... it’s not like he started from the bottom when he got here. We should’ve had an SEC championship in 2017 and 2019 but he couldn’t even produce an above average offense. You should thank Kevin Steele and Coach Garner for those wins, not Gus. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

But look at the talent he has had... it’s not like he started from the bottom when he got here. We should’ve had an SEC championship in 2017 and 2019 but he couldn’t even produce an above average offense. You should thank Kevin Steele and Coach Garner for those wins, not Gus. 

The talent he has is a direct result of his recruiting practices. the talent he has is because he regularly brought in top ten classes. I'm not saying that Malzahn is the best coach. Personally i think he is a step above adequate. Someone that has a shot at bringing us to a playoff. He is not the anti-christ of coaching many on this board vociferously claim he is. 

5 hours ago, JBiGGiE said:

Acquiring Gus alone means the FSU football program would had to have ponied up $46M dollars in buyouts. 

I am curious how you came up with $46 million. 

12 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Not a chance in hell

maybe he means buying tags and Gus's buyout. i am not sure something like that has happened in a while. i could be wrong but trying to help.

35 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

I am curious how you came up with $46 million. 

They had to pay taggert 17m. They would presumably pay gus buyout to hire him (which I would be brushed off). Not sure what that en of the buyout is. But he apparently thinks it’s 29 m. 

3 minutes ago, alexava said:

They had to pay taggert 17m. They would presumably pay gus buyout to hire him (which I would be brushed off). Not sure what that en of the buyout is. But he apparently thinks it’s 29 m. 

That's if AU boots him.....if he leaves voluntarily the buyout is something different and likely much , much smaller.   And in sports and coaching, it seems that everything is negotiable if someone wants to change jobs. 

3 minutes ago, alexava said:

Ok, unless I am totally missing something FSU buying out Taggart, his staff and Gus would be:

1.  FSU AD said Taggart’s buyout was in the $17-$18 million range and that was being negotiated. 
2. Others have said FSU’s buyout of Taggart and his staff was $20 million. 
3. Gus’ buyout TO AU is $7 million this year and drops to $5 million next year. 
4. The total FSU would have to pay for all buyouts would be $27 million. 

I think some of you are thinking that Gus gets $26 million if he leaves on his own.  No, he doesn’t get that.  

I would be shocked to see Gus in Tallahassee. 

26 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

Ok, unless I am totally missing something FSU buying out Taggart, his staff and Gus would be:

1.  FSU AD said Taggart’s buyout was in the $17-$18 million range and that was being negotiated. 
2. Others have said FSU’s buyout of Taggart and his staff was $20 million. 
3. Gus’ buyout TO AU is $7 million this year and drops to $5 million next year. 
4. The total FSU would have to pay for all buyouts would be $27 million. 

I think some of you are thinking that Gus gets $26 million if he leaves on his own.  No, he doesn’t get that.  

I would be shocked to see Gus in Tallahassee. 

No Gus gets nothing if he leaves on his own. Gus or his next employer would pay Auburn if he leaves on his own. That’s how a two way buyout works. I have no idea how much Gus would owe Auburn if he leaves on his own but I doubt it’ anywhere near 26 m. 

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

That's if AU boots him.....if he leaves voluntarily the buyout is something different and likely much , much smaller.   And in sports and coaching, it seems that everything is negotiable if someone wants to change jobs. 

Guy should have Arkansas open pretty soon, I’d hope that would be enough to convince him to kick rocks 

Man, the level of negativity here has hit that weird point where everyone tries to make self deprecating jokes about AU football, but it just comes off as dumb statements.

51 minutes ago, alexava said:

No Gus gets nothing if he leaves on his own. Gus or his next employer would pay Auburn if he leaves on his own. That’s how a two way buyout works. I have no idea how much Gus would owe Auburn if he leaves on his own but I doubt it’ anywhere near 26 m. 

Item 3 shows how much Gus would owe AU if he leaves on his own. 

As fun as it is to speculate, there is no way Gus is going to FSU.   However, several of the other names on that list are on my list to replace Gus.  (Norvell, Heupel, Venables, and Fleck, among others should get a phone call from Allen Greene soon!)

1 minute ago, AU-24 said:

Bob Stoops was on FSU campus today.

Well, let's see what happens.

1 minute ago, AU-24 said:

Never know.

5 yrs @ $8 mil a year is big money. Any speculation on how much would be guaranteed?

27 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

He just wrote back telling me: Stoops said no.

All I have. Goodnight.

Good! They are in desperate mode. 

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

Good! They are in desperate mode. 

rtyty.jpg

eses.jpg

41 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

He just wrote back telling me: Stoops said no.

All I have. Goodnight.

Stoops could probably have any job he wants...no reason...including money....to take a job like that....someone just dreaming IMO.

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

rtyty.jpg

eses.jpg

Spotted on the FSU campus. 

Screenshot_20191104-220327~2.png

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

Spotted on the FSU campus. 

Screenshot_20191104-220327~2.png

IT IS HIS SEVERANCE AND BUY OUT PARTY 82!!!! lol 

ewqqew.jpg

59 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Stoops could probably have any job he wants...no reason...including money....to take a job like that....someone just dreaming IMO.

Waiting for that Auburn job 

The funny thing is FSU fans based off of Twitter are absolutely open to Gus.

Citing that if he can win 8 games in the SEC he could definitely win it in the ACC , with a weaker conference.

Archived