letting a magical season slip away

aubiefifty

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Think Andy Kaufman. (Or Tony Clifton.) Pretty effective, if so

I wish he'd do Kaufman's stand up bit where he walked out on stage and didn't say anything for an hour.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Not picking on your numbers but it’s also helpful that today we book at least 4 powderpuff teams every year , so unlike before we start with 4 wins take those away you see under Gus we probably not even averaging 50 % wins against teams of our stature. 

Oh I've called that out several times.  The numbers I have are against P5 competition only.

6 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Still don't think Malzahn is "coaching for his life." Don't think our administration will do it. Too much money to lose. Athletic Department is not made of money contrary to popular belief.

Buyout would not be funded by the AD.

40 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Arkansas record by year since Gus has been here with conference record in parentheses:

2013: 3-9 (0-8)

2014: 7-6 (2-6)

2015: 8-5 (5-3)

2016: 7-6 (3-5)

2017: 4-8 (1-7)

2018: 2-10 (0-8)

2019: 2-7 (0-8)

Average score of the Arkansas/AU game during the same time period: 45-18

But please, tell me again how tough Arkansas has been for the last seven years.  I know those records scare the hell out of me, especially those 12 conference wins in almost seven full seasons of football.

Brad, my compliments.  I don’t think I would want to take you on in a debate. 

PS, don’t the conference wins total 11?

3 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

Brad, my compliments.  I don’t think I would want to take you on in a debate. 

PS, don’t the conference wins total 11?

Hey, I wasn't a math major LOL

2 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Oh I've called that out several times.  The numbers I have are against P5 competition only.

Agree I missed that just reacting to a lot  of posters comparing his numbers to Dye and others when they only played 10 games and might have one small school in the bunch. Not a fan of playing 3 or 4 powderpuff schools each year to pad out win/loss column.

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Exactly like I said the money was there last year Gus negged his way to one more year . This year there will be no hesitation. The last numbers I saw were 8 million this year and 8 million divide out the next 4. 

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Judging by his handle, he might be doing a bit. Think Andy Kaufman. (Or Tony Clifton.) Pretty effective, if so. He drew a lot of heat with the sidewalk fan stuff and then doubled down with the "Who, me?!" response. 

I'm game. We need a new heel around here. The other apologists are basically a half empty sleeve of Ritz crackers at this point. 

Thank you.

I was suspecting as much too.  

The name shoulda been a clue.  

I'm trying to remember the former poster with the Philip J. Fry from Futurama avatar but can't remember the name.  I believe he was sniffed out finally as a (very convincing) troll.

Also, isn't this the same guy who claimed, last year, that he was some sort of vaunted sports psychologist?

24 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Thank you.

I'm trying to remember the former poster with the Philip J. Fry from Futurama avatar but can't remember the name.  I believe he was sniffed out finally as a (very convincing) troll.

Also, isn't this the same guy who claimed, last year, that he was some sort of vaunted sports psychologist?

I wasn’t posting much then but yes I believe thats the same guy...

52 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Thank you.

Haha for real? Oh, now I'm really intrigued.

27 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Appreciate it.

I couldn't believe someone was as dense as him.  

Now I KNOW he's not to be believed. 

31 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Haha for real? Oh, now I'm really intrigued.

Okay, my opinion of him is shifting. 

Now instead of him being "that guy", I'm actually quite impressed.

Just now, nixtosanders94 said:

I’m still on the fence between dense and brilliant...

I agree.

If he's truly for real, well, like I told him before, he brings out the worst.

However, if he's trolling, which thanks to @McLoofus I believe may very well be the case, he's DANG GOOD!!!

6 hours ago, oracle79 said:

I wish he'd do Kaufman's stand up bit where he walked out on stage and didn't say anything for an hour.

source.gif

giphy.gif

20 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

So he wants numbers huh?  How about these.  Winning percentages of every coach since Shug during conference play.

Barfield - 50%

Dye - 62%

Bowden - 67%

Tuberville - 63%

Chizik - 47%

Malzahn - 59%

Does this mean we want Bowden back?

8AEBBA64-558A-4D07-B252-33726B1CC429.gif

2 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

Tater tot  was a good game day coach. He ran out of Dye' s players. 

Would take him back in a minute as OC if I thought Gus would actually let him run the offense. 

16 hours ago, McLoofus said:

1/2 would come from the AD, which would be taken care of by two donors. The other half would come from TUF. This is where the sticking point is with the some of the BOT's. In reality all AU would have to do is do what FSU did and reach out for the money. It would be raised is short order.

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

1/2 would come from the AD, which would be taken care of by two donors. The other half would come from TUF. This is where the sticking point is with the some of the BOT's. In reality all AU would have to do is do what FSU did and reach out for the money. It would be raised is short order.

Still think gus has to win uga or bama to be safe?

Archived