letting a magical season slip away

aubiefifty

3 hours ago, Warbird82 said:

You say you want to beat those teams too...do you actually know what it takes to beat them?  I'm no football genius but I do know that if you keep doing the same thing over and over you never will get better.  Stubbornness is no way to go through life, especially as a football coach.  If you're not changing, you're getting left behind.  Want an example of someone who gets it?  Even Saban's team does not look the same as it did when he got there in 2007...he was willing to change with the game.

As much as I disliked Jay Jacobs, he had a quote that has always stuck with me.

"You're either green and growing or ripe and rotting."

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, McLoofus said:

By all means, illuminate us on how the pre-Dye years should inform our expectations of Auburn football in 2019. 

It shouldn't and will never resonate with your group. Only way you would ever understand is by living it. 

Reading the board this week I can not decide what you folks want most. Auburn to win or CGM to lose. 

14 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

It shouldn't and will never resonate with your group. Only way you would ever understand is by living it. 

Reading the board this week I can not decide what you folks want most. Auburn to win or CGM to lose. 

Well, we know where “you folks” stand...you want Auburn to be average forever...glad we could clear that up.

On 11/3/2019 at 11:45 AM, AUFriction said:

Okay... What about Tubbs? I remember most of the fan base being really sad when he left. There were almost riots on campus. He was about as successful as Gus has been, and didn’t have to play 4 great teams every year.

The almost riots occurred after Jetgate. Hardly anyone was sad to see him go in 2008.

14 hours ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Well, we know where “you folks” stand...you want Auburn to be average forever...glad we could clear that up.

Nix...you caught that too..."YOUR GROUP"..."You folks..."

Just wow...felt like RUSH week in there for a moment, and I didn't even go Greek! 

On 11/9/2019 at 11:15 AM, ToraGirl said:

Nix...you caught that too..."YOUR GROUP"..."You folks..."

Just wow...felt like RUSH week in there for a moment, and I didn't even go Greek! 

I'm pretty sure "your group" meant "people who want Gus gone more than they want Auburn to be successful." If you are in that group then you SHOULD feel singled out.

1 hour ago, Grumps said:

I'm pretty sure "your group" meant "people who want Gus gone more than they want Auburn to be successful." If you are in that group then you SHOULD feel singled out.

I believe we are each individuals expressing our views, and like a Venn diagram, sometimes we happen to intersect. I've never been a fan of "groupthink", although people will naturally gravitate to those who, even temporarily, share the same opinion. 

Please understand that those who believe Gus must move on IN ORDER for Auburn to be ultimately successful have valid reasons for believing so...just as valid as those who believe his staying is the key to Auburn's future success. It is unfortunate that we are somewhere between a proverbial dumpster fire and a reliable, consistent supersystem... hence the divide. 

No one has said it, but I will. We never know who is personally connected to anyone concerned when we type our support or our concern in anonymity. Although some are more transparent than others, we'll never know the links, tentacles, or agendas that exist. Some of our posters may know certain individuals personally, and in that case, those posts explain a lot. There was a time when I might have shared pics of times when I met and prayed with our last and present coaches/wives, but things are different for me 7 years in. I will ALWAYS want the best for them...I just keep hearing "fresh start." 💔🦋 

We'll just have to see what happens. Have a good evening, Grumps and @3rdgeneration. ❤

2 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

I believe we are each individuals expressing our views, and like a Venn diagram, sometimes we happen to intersect. I've never been a fan of "groupthink", although people will naturally gravitate to those who, even temporarily, share the same opinion. 

Please understand that those who believe Gus must move on IN ORDER for Auburn to be ultimately successful have valid reasons for believing so...just as valid as those who believe his staying is the key to Auburn's future success. It is unfortunate that we are somewhere between a proverbial dumpster fire and a reliable, consistent supersystem... hence the divide. 

No one has said it, but I will. We never know who is personally connected to anyone concerned when we type our support or our concern in anonymity. Although some are more transparent than others, we'll never know the links, tentacles, or agendas that exist. Some of our posters may know certain individuals personally, and in that case, those posts explain a lot. There was a time when I might have shared pics of times when I met and prayed with our last and present coaches/wives, but things are different for me 7 years in. I will ALWAYS want the best for them...I just keep hearing "fresh start." 💔🦋 

We'll just have to see what happens. Have a good evening, Grumps and @3rdgeneration. ❤

The only intent of my post was to explain what I thought Salty meant, because it did not seem like he was calling you out. Based on my understanding of Salty's post, I thought you must have understood its meaning different from the way I did. I did not intend to make you feel bad in any way. I apologize if I did. You have a good evening as well!

14 hours ago, Grumps said:

I'm not aware of any such group.

There is a growing group, though, who want Gus gone because they want Auburn to be successful. Very surprising and a little disheartening that this still has to be explained. 

On 11/4/2019 at 8:54 PM, AUsince72 said:

Thank you.

I was suspecting as much too.  

The name shoulda been a clue.  

I'm trying to remember the former poster with the Philip J. Fry from Futurama avatar but can't remember the name.  I believe he was sniffed out finally as a (very convincing) troll.

Also, isn't this the same guy who claimed, last year, that he was some sort of vaunted sports psychologist?

Nice analysis.  I take it you run this place?

2 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Did anyone seriously think we could run the table into CFP wth a True Freshman under center?

I think many underestimated UF before the season. Sad thing is if we played like we did in Baton Rouge against Florida we would’ve won that game and we’d probably be #5 or 6 right now 

9 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I'm not aware of any such group.

There is a growing group, though, who want Gus gone because they want Auburn to be successful. Very surprising and a little disheartening that this still has to be explained. 

And that is comforting to hear. Looking forward to Saturday.

1 hour ago, PoetTiger said:

Did anyone seriously think we could run the table into CFP wth a True Freshman under center?

We're literally 10 plays away from being undefeated so yes. Maybe not in the beginning,  but it became possible because of this OUTSTANDING Defense we have. Besides,  Nix didn't have to do it alone, we had a guy that our HC said was the heir apparent and phenomenally talented QB only to be relegated to 3 plays a game. We are literally a shift in offensive philosophy from being right in the thick of it. I really don't get why it's so hard to see it.

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

Nice first post.  I take it you might have been banned from this place?

Maybe several times, he's over 900 years old. 

1 hour ago, leglessdan said:

We're literally 10 plays away from being undefeated so yes. Maybe not in the beginning,  but it became possible because of this OUTSTANDING Defense we have. Besides,  Nix didn't have to do it alone, we had a guy that our HC said was the heir apparent and phenomenally talented QB only to be relegated to 3 plays a game. We are literally a shift in offensive philosophy from being right in the thick of it. I really don't get why it's so hard to see it.

I just saw a freshman make freshman mistakes. Throwing into double coverage and forcing the ball at times when he should have checked down. Yes Gus has his myriad off issues but some of those errs by Nix was all on him and his inexperience to the speed of SEC play. You can’t throw picks on the road against top 10 teams and expect to win. 

2 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I think many underestimated UF before the season. Sad thing is if we played like we did in Baton Rouge against Florida we would’ve won that game and we’d probably be #5 or 6 right now 

If either Seth or D Brown keep their balance on scoring opportunities, I think Auburn wins....

Archived