letting a magical season slip away

aubiefifty

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

we have the 12th most wins in college football history out of power 5 schools!!!! 

Bus logic: "So being ranked 11th means we're doing too well this season." It's never about what we could be for them. 

Mikey probably argued against seat belts in cars. Historically, we never needed them. Folks need to quit whining and go on flying through windshields like God intended. 

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Bus logic: "So being ranked 11th means we're doing too well this season." It's never about what we could be for them. 

Mikey probably argued against seat belts in cars. Historically, we never needed them. Folks need to quit whining and go on flying through windshields like God intended. 

LOOFY SWEPT THE GOT DANG LEG!!!!!!! lol.

rrrtrt.gif

kjkjkj.gif

Upthread I read that 26-20 equals 50-50. Very well then, that fits right in with the rest of the "magical season" nonsense.

13 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Upthread I read that 26-20 equals 50-50. Very well then, that fits right in with the rest of the "magical season" nonsense.

Thanks for the latter point....been wondering where that "magical season" stuff came from when from the get-go the argument has been whether we could win 9 games against the schedule we have this year.   Don't recall anyone thinking we would even win the SEC west, much less get in the playoffs so season has more or less progressed as the pundits expected considering the schedule....though I guess it could be " magical" with a win over Georgia and or bama. .

8 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Thanks for the latter point....been wondering where that "magical season" stuff came from when from the get-go the argument has been whether we could win 9 games against the schedule we have this year.   Don't recall anyone thinking we would even win the SEC west, much less get in the playoffs so season has more or less progressed as the pundits expected considering the schedule....though I guess it could be " magical" with a win over Georgia and or bama. .

Christamighty, now y'all are pretending not to know what the word "magical" means. 

Clown show. 

25 minutes ago, AU64 said:

That’s the problem. Beating UGA shouldn’t be considered magical and I am more inclined to say the same thing about Bama seeing as we are rivals. Unless you want to admit NS is your daddy? I respect the program they have over there but no reason why we should think we can’t stand toe to toe with them. 

On 11/4/2019 at 8:48 PM, McLoofus said:

Haha for real? Oh, now I'm really intrigued.

You know who did the sniffing!

On 11/4/2019 at 7:54 PM, AUsince72 said:

Thank you.

I was suspecting as much too.  

The name shoulda been a clue.  

I'm trying to remember the former poster with the Philip J. Fry from Futurama avatar but can't remember the name.  I believe he was sniffed out finally as a (very convincing) troll.

Also, isn't this the same guy who claimed, last year, that he was some sort of vaunted sports psychologist?

It was some of my best work

So.....is this a highly intellectual discussion on not hiring a new coach because he MIGHT be good and he MIGHT be bad so the smart thing to do is stay with mediocre?

On 11/4/2019 at 9:17 AM, Mikey said:

It was said on these very boards that Chad Morris would kill it at Arky, he has all those recruiting connections in Texas, you know. Maybe he just needs more time there...

Man I missed that somehow, I searched and couldn't find it, could you post a few links and help me out a bit? Thanks!

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

So.....is this a highly intellectual discussion on not hiring a new coach because he MIGHT be good and he MIGHT be bad so the smart thing to do is stay with mediocre?

Yup. Don't try to get better because 8 wins a year is too precious to risk.

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Man I missed that somehow, I searched and couldn't find it, could you post a few links and help me out a bit? Thanks!

I know I said he would be, but I don't think he'll be given the chance to show it. Hard to flip a roster designed for 22 personnel

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

This is all we deserve....don't think we can possibly produce anything better than this.....man talk about self esteem issues!

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I know I said he would be, but I don't think he'll be given the chance to show it. Hard to flip a roster designed for 22 personnel

Oh so he was passive aggressively referring to you! Ok now I got it! Yeah IMO I don't think anybody can do better than what Petrino did as far as competing in today's game

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

This is all we deserve....don't think we can possibly produce anything better than this.....man talk about self esteem issues!

Florida State never should've hired Bowden. Florida never should've hired Spurrier. Va Tech never should've hired Beamer. Kansas State never should've hired Snyder.

LSU should've kept Miles. uga should've kept Richt. 

Because Tennessee.

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

I guess I'm missing it but like you said if we were thought to be a 9 win team and we literally should be undefeated right now if we had just the slightest progressions on the offensive side of the ball we would be in the middle of a "magical" season. But you're right since we can almost go entire games without getting a first down and we've had so much difficulty to run the ball there isn't ANYTHING magical about the season now......we controlled the "magic" in the "magical"season. We weren't up to the task, instead we're more on the average and mediocre side of things. 

11 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Oh so he was passive aggressively referring to you! Ok now I got it! Yeah IMO I don't think anybody can do better than what Petrino did as far as competing in today's game

Just like it took Bielema time to flip Petrino's roster, it's gonna take time for Chad to flip Bielema's. Combine that with the injury bug and you get a really bad look and record.

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Florida State never should've hired Bowden. Florida never should've hired Spurrier. Va Tech never should've hired Beamer. Kansas State never should've hired Snyder.

LSU should've kept Miles. uga should've kept Richt. 

Because Tennessee.

I mean really we shouldn't ever try to be great.....we shouldn't step out on the field....other teams has actually lost a game before. We damn sure shouldn't play....only ONE team can be champion.....do you know the odds of that being us? I mean literally EVERY team has better odds of not winning than winning. Safe thing is to not play at all. I saw people like numbers and probability and such. 

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Just like it too Bielema time to flip Petrino's roster, it's gonna take time for Chad to flip Bielema's. ComBine that with the injury bug and you get a really bad look and record.

Absolutely. I don't think ANYBODY expected that Morris would be coaching a playoff team in two years.....at least I hope not

Just now, cole256 said:

Absolutely. I don't think ANYBODY expected that Morris would be coaching a playoff team in two years.....at least I hope not

I think Arkansas fans did. 😂

10 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Just like it took Bielema time to flip Petrino's roster, it's gonna take time for Chad to flip Bielema's. Combine that with the injury bug and you get a really bad look and record.

The frustrating thing with Bielema was that he had time and he had the OL he wanted for a bit, but the last 2 years both his OL and DL were awful. That had nothing to do with Petrino's regime. 

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

You also read 10-11 since we started playing them every year from 1992-2012.  But you can feel free to ignore that part if it hurts your narrative.

Just now, johnnyAU said:

The frustrating thing with Bielema was that he had time and he had the OL he wanted for a bit, but the last 2 years both his OL and DL were awful. That had nothing to do with Petrino's regime. 

Bielema wasn't great at Wisconsin.  His coaching was masked by a weak Big 10 West schedule.  If you look at his record closely, he was right around .500 against teams that made a bowl.  Dominated everyone else.  Remember that In 2012 he went the Rose Bowl with an 8-5 record.  Won his division that year by going a whopping 4-4 in conference.

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

53 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Maybe the band could learn to play this. Fitting for how some of us feel with Gus. 

Archived