Nix adjusting approach

aubiefifty

1 minute ago, alexava said:

Yes but not start to finish. They drop balls too. 

No where close to rate that we do. It's been a major issue for years.

Just now, bigbird said:

No where close to rate that we do. It's been a major issue for years.

I’m sure you have a link to these stats. 

27 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I asked it in the game thread. Why can every other team's receivers consistently catch the ball? Easy catches, tough catches, catches in traffic, wide open catches, catches where they have to dive, catches where they have to jump, they seem to catch them all and our receivers are 50/50 on every type at best. It doesn't matter if we hit them in the chest, hands, or helmet it's always 50/50

Do you think nix doesnt throw a catch-able ball?   Or is it coaching?   

3 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

I'd lean towards the latter, but that's just me.

Just now, bigbird said:

I'd lean towards the latter, but that's just me.

It’s why I said in the LSU game thread that Kodi needs to spend a few days with their new WR coach and see how he does things. They didn’t drop anything

2 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

I only remember two drops that were on target last night. JJ one big one and Schwartz dropped one but it was not going anywhere anyway. Three that Seth could have caught but didn’t weren’t terrible but not great throws. This is just what I recall off the cuff. I might be forgetting some. 

18 minutes ago, alexava said:

I only remember two drops that were on target last night. JJ one big one and Schwartz dropped one but it was not going anywhere anyway. Three that Seth could have caught but didn’t weren’t terrible but not great throws. This is just what I recall off the cuff. I might be forgetting some. 

Hastings had one hit his hands  early in the game.   he looked off balance and i think but i couldnt see from my seats  he was out of bounds for some of  his route. 

1 hour ago, auskip07 said:

Hastings had one hit his hands  early in the game.   he looked off balance and i think but i couldnt see from my seats  he was out of bounds for some of  his route. 

I remember that now 

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

I asked it in the game thread. Why can every other team's receivers consistently catch the ball? Easy catches, tough catches, catches in traffic, wide open catches, catches where they have to dive, catches where they have to jump, they seem to catch them all and our receivers are 50/50 on every type at best. It doesn't matter if we hit them in the chest, hands, or helmet it's always 50/50

Bird I normally agree with 99% of what you post. On this one I think it may be Orange and Blue Shaded and not in a good way! LOL. I know we drop some passes, but Ole Piss dropped a TD against us in this game. They had a couple other drops as well. I don't think we drop more than most teams. I may be wrong, but I'd say we are around the average. Also a lot of our drops are from poorly thrown balls ( although in OM game we dropped some rignt on the hands.) 

Maybe it's not that we drop more than other teams, it's that we don't make those crazy one handed grabs that make top 10 like we see around the country. Those are normally the outlier though. JMO. 

Archived