Keeping Allen Greene

aubiefifty

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

If Steele doesn't retire

How many years does have left to be fully vested in the Retirement System of Alabama?

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

How many years does have left to be fully vested in the Retirement System of Alabama?

Looks like he's 7 years in:

https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/sports/college/auburnauthority/2016/01/01/sources-state-pension-made-auburn-attractive-steele/78196578/

Just now, dyehardfanAU said:

He doesn’t have to coach the last 3 years as he has his best 3 of 10 already established.  So he could be a lower paid assistant to the new coach to help with the transition while finishing his 10 years for his pension.  Not that there will be a new coach, just speculating. 

35 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

He doesn’t have to coach the last 3 years as he has his best 3 of 10 already established.  So he could be a lower paid assistant to the new coach to help with the transition while finishing his 10 years for his pension.  Not that there will be a new coach, just speculating. 

I would think defensive quality control or a position in the AD would be his worse case options and warranted for what he's done for Auburn. 

12 hours ago, bigbird said:

Time for him to step up and lead the BOT through a coaching transition

Actually, that type of interaction is actually what got AU in trouble with SACS several years ago. The BOT is not supposed to get involved with coaching transitions, other than approval.  The proper chain of command is AD to President and then to the BOT for approval.  Auburn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).   

Now, does that mean our BOT doesn't have its fingerprints all over such matters?  Nope.

12 hours ago, Auctoritas said:

Hopefully the AD and the BOT aren't so...volatile...in their decision-making processes... That's a decision that had better be deliberate and considered,

Most people on here know that making a change is NOT based on ONE game or even ONE season. I'm hopeful Greene is savvy and smart enough to have at least begun this process at the end of last season. He should have already compiled his short list, and viewed the coaching landscape this year and begun the palm greasing/butt kissing/networking with the proper folks to make it happen when he wants it to happen.  He knows the majority of fans are ready. He just has to make sure it goes smoothly without any leaks or allowing the media to stir the pot and screw up the deal.  Ideally, I'd love to wake up one morning and see Auburn has scheduled a press conference for 10 a.m. one day, and just announce it out of the blue and not even give reporters time to speculate.

The Board treats him like an infant when it comes to the football program, I’m sure that played a factor. I wish he could be AD of every other program and let that incestuous mess ruin things how they want to with their golden child 

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

While we are speculating, this is year 22 for me, same public teachers' retirement system. I can retire three years from now with benefits for 25...I can bow out before that and head for Ireland early 😉, OR I can stay indefinitely if the pros outweigh the cons and, most importantly, I feel I am making a genuine difference and having fun doing it. I imagine those thoughts have crossed his mind, too. As well as what it might be like to continue on under a new direction...even if part of that is an interim situation. Just speculation, of course.

We may believe we know what's typical in transitions. Since when has Auburn done anything typical? 🤣🤣🌍🇮🇪

31 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Looks like the USC president is familiar with Urb's history.

Glad to see that we are not the only dysfunctional university.  SC should have made that clear in the interview process.  I wonder if this might put Greene back in the picture. 

I have to agree if the new head coach could keep Steele in place that would be dope.

23 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

Glad to see that we are not the only dysfunctional university.  SC should have made that clear in the interview process.  I wonder if this might put Greene back in the picture. 

I hope not, but Greene and family are probably still in culture shock.

2 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

I hope not, but Greene and family are probably still in culture shock.

but he has stated how he loves it here. Don't know about wife and kids though.

He has an opportunity to become legendary at Auburn.  His ability to keep Pearl, alone, makes him golden ATM.  Of course in the sports world it's "what have you done lately".

Archived