message from Derick Brown

aubiefifty

pout.jpg

senior leadership........

4 minutes ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

Glad he hasnt given up on this team like the majority of our fan base has...

i never give up on my tigers. i will love them until the bitter end. i also believe most auburn fans feel the same they are just really frustrated. people need to vent. this is an outlet for them. they will still pull for the team.

11 minutes ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

The majority of the fans have given up on the coach...not the team and certainly not the players.

22 minutes ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

I don't think it is the team we have given up on. It is the head coach. 

31 minutes ago, bigbird said:

The majority of the fans have given up on the coach...not the team and certainly not the players.

Nobody true AU fan wants us to lose ever. We are not disappointed in our players; nobody should blame Joey for leaving. But our coach is in over his head, and our players and fans are paying the price. The only chance we have is that every player gets this attitude DB has exemplified on this post, and wins in spite of Gus (that is the positive). The negative twist to this is if the players do win out in spite of Gus, it will save Gus' job for next year and most of these players will be gone. A case of danged if you do and danged if you don't.

7 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Nobody true AU fan wants us to lose ever. We are not disappointed in our players; nobody should blame Joey for leaving. But our coach is in over his head, and our players and fans are paying the price. The only chance we have is that every player gets this attitude DB has exemplified on this post, and wins in spite of Gus (that is the positive). The negative twist to this is if the players do win out in spite of Gus, it will save Gus' job for next year and most of these players will be gone. A case of danged if you do and danged if you don't.

Well said. Out of reactions.

1 hour ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

You guys still don’t get it do you?

Given up on the team? You're a special kind of stupid, aren't you? We may be fed up with the coach and ready for him to be sent packing back to high school but to claim we've given up on the team and players shows you just don't get it.

3 minutes ago, selias said:

Given up on the team? You're a special kind of stupid, aren't you? We may be fed up with the coach and ready for him to be sent packing back to high school but to claim we've given up on the team and players shows you just don't get it.

No, Im not a special kind of stupid, at all actually.  And yes, I do get it.  But to read around the internet what a majority of the fans are saying...not watching anymore, ripping players for losing games and not trying, AS WELL as ripping the head coach (which I get), is disheartening and sad.  If you have your special blinders on and havent seen that, then good for you.  However, reading the trash people are spewing about this team and these players is pathetic.  

3 minutes ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

No, Im not a special kind of stupid, at all actually.  And yes, I do get it.  But to read around the internet what a majority of the fans are saying...not watching anymore, ripping players for losing games and not trying, AS WELL as ripping the head coach (which I get), is disheartening and sad.  If you have your special blinders on and havent seen that, then good for you.  However, reading the trash people are spewing about this team and these players is pathetic.  

This is the only Auburn area I frequent online and I haven't seen much of that here. It may be coming from people I have blocked but for the most part all the ire is directed at the head coach and his lack of...coaching

Just now, selias said:

This is the only Auburn area I frequent online and I haven't seen much of that here. It may be coming from people I have blocked but for the most part all the ire is directed at the head coach and his lack of...coaching

Unfortunately, it's out there.  I wasnt speaking directly about this forum, but some of the facebook groups for "Auburn Fans" are just toxic and unhealthy... not to mention that dumspter fire that is Twitter.

A couple posters on a forum does not equal a majority of the fan base. :) 

EDIT: Twitter is garbo too

4 minutes ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

Unfortunately, it's out there.  I wasnt speaking directly about this forum, but some of the facebook groups for "Auburn Fans" are just toxic and unhealthy... not to mention that dumspter fire that is Twitter.

I have FB to keep up with my friends scattered across the country and world. I belong to no groups. I've got a Twitter account but only ever looked at it on NSD to see the AU Official account list who signed

Edit: I live in Ohio so I only have to deal with tOSU and UM fans

3 minutes ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

I stick just to this forum.  Best all around group of fans you can find.  Almost all are interested in intelligent discussion.  Game day threads are another story, some people go on some crazy self induced roller coaster rides.   Facebook is ruining America and Twitter isn’t helping either.  

15 minutes ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

So...some of the members of some of the Auburn facebook groups have said stuff and you’ve translated that into the majority of the fanbase have given up on the team? Interesting.

• WarTiger changed the title to message from Derick Brown

I don't think many, if any, have given up on the team. For me, I recently came to the conclusion the philosophy that is CGM offense is outdated. I still have hope for our players to be successful 

13 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

So...some of the members of some of the Auburn facebook groups have said stuff and you’ve translated that into the majority of the fanbase have given up on the team? Interesting.

Maybe I should copy/paste screenshots or something to see if you can comprehend what I am saying, since you are struggling with it so...

17 minutes ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

Maybe I should copy/paste screenshots or something to see if you can comprehend what I am saying, since you are struggling with it so...

I’m not struggling with anything, but you clearly appear to be struggling with what the word “majority” means.

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

pout.jpg

Is this message for Joey? Sorry but it reads like it could be. 

Archived