Inside Joey Gatewood’s decision

aubiefifty

On 10/31/2019 at 10:37 PM, gr82be said:

I know that we are all upset about this but Bo is doing the best Bo can do right now. This is between Gus and Joey and Gus screwed up badly. They should have been allowed to compete and win the job in real game performance and not some non-contact controlled scrimmage. I just don't trust Gus anymore. 

I don’t think it’s just Gus. I think Gus was open to playing Joey more but I think Bo and Pat felt like it made Bo look bad having to bring Joey in on the goal line and to sub Joey in when Bo was struggling as well. Just my take on this.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I don’t think it’s just Gus. I think Gus was open to playing Joey more but I think Bo and Pat felt like it made Bo look bad having to bring Joey in on the goal line and to sub Joey in when Bo was struggling as well. Just my take on this.

Damn. 

5 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Interesting song for Disney to remake considering the lyrical content.

O!

M!

G!

Your post is solid gold!

I still have this album.  I mean the actual wax album!!!

LLLOOOOOOOOVVVVEEE!!!!!!!!!! ❤

1 hour ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

do we have any proof? i just cannot wrap my head around bo or pat insisting on this. Pat is a coach and i am sure he knows competition makes one better. and the way they are trying to raise Bo i just do not believe this. why raise someone to be a good christian and then teach that person it ok to be given thing instead of earning it?  have i missed something? lets discuss without folks jumping in and getting nasty.

1 hour ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

In the words of Gus, "That's dog crap."

40 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

do we have any proof? i just cannot wrap my head around bo or pat insisting on this. Pat is a coach and i am sure he knows competition makes one better. and the way they are trying to raise Bo i just do not believe this. why raise someone to be a good christian and then teach that person it ok to be given thing instead of earning it?  have i missed something? lets discuss without folks jumping in and getting nasty.

Go back and look as I said Joey’s numbers in the spring were better than Bo’s . Gus admitted when they went live Joey was better. During the summer players over and over talked about Joey. After Gus went with Bo he said they were 1 and 1A . He could win with both. He would have a package for Joey in each game not just goal line but actual series . He did that a couple of early games and Joey did well. Then all of a sudden it stopped. Joey didn’t all of a sudden get worse. Gus would have wanted to stop it either knowing that he needed a backup like Joey. Then this week no move to convince Joey to stay even knowing that if Bo goes down we are done. Nope I’m sure there was an outside push and I’m sure that most likely car from Pat. I don’t know if Bo figured in it but he should have pushed back against Pat. 

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Go back and look as I said Joey’s numbers in the spring were better than Bo’s . Gus admitted when they went live Joey was better. During the summer players over and over talked about Joey. After Gus went with Bo he said they were 1 and 1A . He could win with both. He would have a package for Joey in each game not just goal line but actual series . He did that a couple of early games and Joey did well. Then all of a sudden it stopped. Joey didn’t all of a sudden get worse. Gus would have wanted to stop it either knowing that he needed a backup like Joey. Then this week no move to convince Joey to stay even knowing that if Bo goes down we are done. Nope I’m sure there was an outside push and I’m sure that most likely car from Pat. I don’t know if Bo figured in it but he should have pushed back against Pat. 

it is possible but let just agree to disagree. i am tired of fighting. i just do not see it but we can disagree.

4 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Mullen has a good track record, but it’s interesting that it took him a year and half to realize Trask was better than Franks. 

Calm down Heisenberg!

Archived