What’s scarier than Auburn’s offense?

aubiefifty

Ole Miss (3-5, 2-3 in SEC) at No.11 Auburn (6-2, 3-2 in SEC)

When: 6 p.m., Sat.

Where: Jordan-Hare Stadium, Auburn, Ala.

TV: ESPN

Series: Auburn leads 32-10.

Spread: Auburn by 19.

SUPER STAT OF THE WEEK: Bo Nix completed seven passes in the first half against LSU. It was a season high for Nix in first halves against ranked opponents.

Joe says: Joey Gatewood was always going to transfer, but it looks worse now because Nix has struggled against quality teams. It’s not time to throw in the towel on Auburn’s season, though. Derrick Brown will not allow it as long as he’s on the field for the Tigers. This is a classic blow-out scenario for Gus Malzahn with his back once again up against the wall. My only concern with Ole Miss is ultra conservative play-calling by Malzahn with Georgia on the horizon and Nix now playing without Gatewood behind him. Can’t get much more conservative, though. Nix averaged 4.4 yards per passing attempt against LSU. Ole Miss will probably be rotating freshmen quarterbacks against Auburn’s angry defense, so good luck with that.

Joe’s pick: Auburn 35, Ole Miss 14

Pro says: Could this game turn into a rout the way Auburn beat down Mississippi State earlier in the season? Sure it can. Is it likely to happen? I don’t think so for many reasons. First and foremost, this is a trap game between LSU and Georgia. I also think that the Tigers have come to the realization that they aren’t going to the College Football Playoff with two losses. While Ole Miss is no powerhouse, they have averaged 276 rushing yards through five SEC games going 4-1 against the spread. Their defense has also shaved 75 yards per game allowed this season from last year under first-year defensive coordinator Mike MacIntyre. This game may not go down to the wire, but I also doubt Auburn wins by three or more touchdowns.

Pro’s pick: Auburn 34, Mississippi 21

i did not post the whole article pertaining to other teams  because the last time itwas moved.

Archived