Emory Blake's tweets

dyehardfanAU

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In spite of all of our frustrations (very warranted) Gus is in a position to save his job with a 9-3 finish. Our defense is definitely good enough to win out or at least beat UGA, and playing at home our offense may show up just enough. We just have to wait it out. 

7 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

If @AURex’s conjecture is correct, Gus should be fired immediately.  Gus is here to win games and part of that is to put Auburn in a position to win in the moment.  If he is worried about what his starter is thinking about his position going forward, he may have the wrong starter.  The player will either take the opportunity to self evaluate (and improve) or be disgruntled and sulk.  It’s up to the player.

I don't see how it's not beyond obvious the man isn't going to change and this is what we have to look forward to. Epically underachieving should be the new mantra for the offensive staff. We have the horses to win the race but we continue to try and ride a horse with a broken leg. Literally....in reference to Boobie. The same idiot that trotted an armless Sean White out there as our best option. The same clown that trotted out Kerryon out there with a broken rib cage in the SECCG. The man is massively unadaptable when things go against the norm. 

2 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

QB2 is always the most popular guy on the team especially after a loss.

Especially when QB1 has a 40% completion rate.

1 minute ago, Gowebb11 said:

In spite of all of our frustrations (very warranted) Gus is in a position to save his job with a 9-3 finish. Our defense is definitely good enough to win out or at least beat UGA, and playing at home our offense may show up just enough. We just have to wait it out. 

I'm sick of lucking our way into wins. Most of our big wins have been inspite of Gus,  not because of any genius thing he has done. 

51 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

For me, QB2 was the most popular guy on the team when I sat and watched QB1 struggle in the Swamp and Death Valley. it wasn't after a loss. 

I wanted QB2 after I saw errant passes and skitish footwork from Bo, I didn't wait until the loss was chalked up.  I wanted Joey inserted so that someone on that damn sideline could calm Bo down, walk him through his progressions and evaluate from the sideline what the defense was giving him.  The game is too fast for him right now, give him a breather and let him acclimate to the situation rather than keep throwing him out there to flounder around and lose any confidence he ever had.  

4 hours ago, japantiger said:

It could be...or less than that, even if whomever CGM is accountable to were to set down some nonnegotiables for the rest of the season...wonder what might happen? Yes, it would be "meddling". Principals "meddle" all the time in ineffective classrooms for the sake of the learners. That's called leadership. I wish someone had "meddled" before April 15, 1912...severe analogy, but if a mid-season harness will right the ship, couldn't it be worth the risk? It's time for an intervention! 

I would agree about the meddling. Your analogy is severe but well put. I think we may be past the point of meddling with CGM though. I mean what would those non-negotiables  be for this season? I don't know what one could do to him this year with the exception of let Dilly run the entire Offense without any meddling from you (GM). Then we have a 28 year old OC which..maybe that's the spark we need. IDK. I just want something to watch that doesn't look like what I have been watching. 

These two posts beg the question "who does Gus work for"?  I know of no other business in the world, where there is confusion over who is in charge and who works for who.  Is Gus accountable to the AD?  Who gives Gus performance feedback?   Who sets his performance goals?  I cannot imagine an environment where you can be paid $7m and don't have weekly or every other week meetings with your boss on the performance of your business;  the prior week results and changes that need to be made and the expectation for the rest of the season (financial quarter in business).  Why is this different?   If this doesn't happen; I want in...what a great job this must be...rake in big bucks and not report to anyone, no goals, no accountability...wow, it's truly the ultimate gov't job.  

Hai, hai, hai, japantiger! My world is SO accountable, and we've just finished a building project in our church where we've crossed paths with much lesser accountability. I just can't fathom!

4 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Very well put. Football is  after all just one of my hobby as well, but it is a passionate one. I often have to remind myself of that or it isn't fun anymore.  Sometimes I do get consumed in it. I used to say that Auburn losing was God's way of reminding me of this very fact. There are far more important things in my life to worry about. I am going to root for our boys the rest of the way and just enjoy the season however it goes.. I will enjoy seeing future NFL stars play for Auburn. I will enjoy watching the best D-lineman to possibly ever play for Auburn.  War Damn Eagle!.

To you, too, pro2a! Hopeful, hopeful, hopeful for the right corner turning, soon...whatever that may be!

20 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Hai, hai, hai, japantiger! My world is SO accountable, and we've just finished a building project in our church where we've crossed paths with much lesser accountability. I just can't fathom!

Well, my prayers for your church.  Not cool when those responsible for using tithes to further the church's goals betray the most basic level of accountability. 

If no one can answer the question "who does Gus work for"; then that is the root of the problem.  And my opportunity; my 2nd career if definetely going to be power 5 coaching 🙂

4 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Well, my prayers for your church.  Not cool when those responsible for using tithes to further the church's goals betray the most basic level of accountability. 

If no one can answer the question "who does Gus work for"; then that is the root of the problem.  And my opportunity; my 2nd career if definetely going to be power 5 coaching 🙂

Oops...not the tithers! They are steady, stellar, prayerful...and so upbeat. They have joined my husband and me in much of the reno! More like the PROFESSIONAL construction folks who promise to come on a certain day but show up 3 weeks and umpteen texts later...or the glass door order that gets lost twice, elongating the process from weeks to months. It's all good, though! God continues to astound us! 

19 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Oops...not the tithers! They are steady, stellar, prayerful...and so upbeat. They have joined my husband and me in much of the reno! More like the PROFESSIONAL construction folks who promise to come on a certain day but show up 3 weeks and umpteen texts later...or the glass door order that gets lost twice, elongating the process from weeks to months. It's all good, though! God continues to astound us! 

Ah...yes, construction....

7 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

That's what you took from it? 

On 10/27/2019 at 12:28 PM, nixtosanders94 said:

Well said. Although I believe we already tried the ultimatum deal and that didn’t work either.

Exactly this time AG has to man up and just say “ sorry Gus we have decided that you are just not the answer for Auburn. Wish you success in your future endeavors “ .

8 hours ago, keesler said:

For me, QB2 was the most popular guy on the team when I sat and watched QB1 struggle in the Swamp and Death Valley. it wasn't after a loss. 

I wanted QB2 after I saw errant passes and skitish footwork from Bo, I didn't wait until the loss was chalked up.  I wanted Joey inserted so that someone on that damn sideline could calm Bo down, walk him through his progressions and evaluate from the sideline what the defense was giving him.  The game is too fast for him right now, give him a breather and let him acclimate to the situation rather than keep throwing him out there to flounder around and lose any confidence he ever had.  

Exactly. I think people are missing a point or are just not watching. The misses that Bo’s making are not just bad they are very bad. Some of them are  not even in the same general area. The pitches he getting called on for intentional pass interference are plain bad where he throws it directly into the ground. You can bet every ref in the country are going to “rightfully “ call it grounding. He doesn’t even make it questionable. His QBR agains LSU was “26” yes twenty-six and against Florida it was 6 . And at TAM it was 40. Please show me a starting QB in the top 25 with that kind of QBR. This isn’t an opinion that Bo has played bad, it is a “fact” that Bo has played terrible . No excuse not to sit him. Consider Kentucky is playing a wide receiver at QB and he has thrown better than Bo. At what point do you understand that it’s time to look at alternatives. Some want to blame the OL and if there is sacks that’s ok. But when your are consistently over throwing your receiver by 10 yards that is on the QB only. Not picking on Bo he is a freshman that is in way over his head. It’s on Gus to make a change for the good of the team.

21 hours ago, The Freak said:

Especially when QB1 has a 40% completion rate.

And that low completion rate has been attained mostly by not completing short passes that normally have a high completion percentage.

22 hours ago, keesler said:

This is common sense. Well, at least I thought so.

On 10/27/2019 at 9:17 AM, nixtosanders94 said:

Not to mention the press conferences would be off the chain!

And his new class would be well attended on campus. I might have to get in line for that one. 

On 10/27/2019 at 10:07 AM, AURex said:

I'm not a rabid Gus hater, and I'm certainly not a Bo hater. I do think Gus is stubborn and that his offense has seen its day. And I also think Bo is just an ordinary joe QB thrown into the fire way before he was ready for big boy football.

Why he has been anointed as the next superstar is a mystery to me. He sure isn't in the same league as other true freshmen who have been starters in major programs -- Jalen, Tua, Trevor, etc. Actually, he has never been a particularly accurate passer or polished QB.

It's not because he's never had any real development -- he's had a lifetime of coaching from his QB daddy and gone to QB summer camps. But this is not just about Bo. The OL is not helping him, and Gus is certainly not helping the team by refusing to put JG on the field to change the dynamic.

It's not like Gus is blind to the problem. I think he is reluctant to play JG, because he's worried the team would lose confidence in Bo as the superstar QB.

Yeah you can tell Bo wasnt mentally ready for the big lights. This is Gus's second time not being able to read how his QBs are handling media pressure and he still didnt shield the guy/sub him out when needed

57 minutes ago, The Freak said:

JG has a small sample size, but is at 70+%.

That doesn't hurt his popularity.

Neither does the fact that the last Gus QB to have so low a % as Bo was named Kiehl Frazier.

21 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

No it is what I am taking from the 6000 posts out there screaming for JG to be playing.

What does that have to do with Emory's tweets?

Archived