Emory Blake's tweets

dyehardfanAU

6 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Hard to blame Rhett after he was used as a scape goat to further Gus' career.  RB23 is one of my all time faves and this is just another reason why.

I watched Rhett on Thursday with SMU. That offense looks good and from what I saw, there was quit a few slants, misdirection, med to deep passes. Not to mention the balance of the run game. So, I'm definitely on board with him  being the scape goat 

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I don't think it's that simple. What are the chances our new coach comes in and competes for titles? What are the chances Gus wins another title? He was a game away in 2017 from playing in the CFP. Most teams in the SEC haven't sniffed that yet. This year will be the first time LSU has even come close, much less made the playoff. 

I don't want this to turn into me defending Gus, because that's not what I want to do. I think he's got multiple deficiencies that I do not understand why he will not fix or at least address. I actually didn't like that we kept the guy after last season, but I cannot fully argue with the fact that we are in the hunt in November nearly every year under his head coaching. 

October if generally when we play our least talented opponents. 

2 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

In one of the comments he says his dad (Jeff Blake) is open to coaching QBs at Auburn

I used to think Gus was humble. He may very well be, but I don't see this happening with anyone. He thinks that the lack of execution is all the problem. No one is as blind as one who cannot see. He doesn't accept failure very well.

Just now, far_away_fan said:

I watched Rhett on Thursday with SMU. That offense looks good and from what I saw, there was quit a few slants, misdirection, med to deep passes. Not to mention the balance of the run game. So, I'm definitely on board with him  being the scape goat 

He's been calling great offense all season.  I'm glad to see him doing well and hope he continues up the ladder. 

1 minute ago, Farmer Brown said:

I used to think Gus was humble. He may very well be, but I don't see this happening with anyone. He thinks that the lack of execution is all the problem. No one is as blind as one who cannot see. He doesn't accept failure very well.

Better athletes with better coaching would execute better.  Gus is missing out on the first two and just blaming the outcome of what he's produced.

2 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I don't think it's that simple. What are the chances our new coach comes in and competes for titles? What are the chances Gus wins another title? He was a game away in 2017 from playing in the CFP. Most teams in the SEC haven't sniffed that yet. This year will be the first time LSU has even come close, much less made the playoff. 

I don't want this to turn into me defending Gus, because that's not what I want to do. I think he's got multiple deficiencies that I do not understand why he will not fix or at least address. I actually didn't like that we kept the guy after last season, but I cannot fully argue with the fact that we are in the hunt in November nearly every year under his head coaching. 

I was where you are once. I've seen the benefit to a well-researched risk over time in other life areas enough to cause my fear factor to fade. He seems to be coaching unafraid of any consequences, and that is what galls me beyond words. Many would understand and tolerate a "honeymoon period" for a new hire, or even a promotion from within from a side that is, by comparison, overperforming, given the rest of the picture. But a 7-year extended honeymoon with so little to show for it, with a visit to the Taj Mahal in year one but nothing but the Nevada desert for the last few, no end in sight, is asking a lot. 

9 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

What are the chances our new coach comes in and competes for titles?

Every new coach hire since Dye has.

We have the talent for any coach with a semblance of normalcy to be successful

6 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Mike Leach with a WR corps full of South Florida guys would at least be fun to watch.

Not a big fan of his play style, and I doubt he'd win any more than Gus does, but oh my would the press conferences be wonderful. 

Just now, AuburnEagle79 said:

Not a big fan of his play style, and I doubt he'd win any more than Gus does, but oh my would the press conferences be wonderful

They sure would be boss ... They sure would be. :yes:

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

We have the potential to have the talent.  We need a coach with a solid recruiting strategy and understanding of building a depth chart to come in an put some foundations in place at several positions.

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Bird and fellow Americans and Auburn people lol, I am all in on a new coach at this point. I would be lying if I said it isn't scary but sometimes we just have to take a leap of faith. The good things under Malzahn are.....recruits high character players, runs a clean and tight program. we harldy ever hear anything negative about players. The players always play hard for him and have still yet to quit. Recruits very well at most positions. He beats the breaks off Arkansas and most teams we should, and once every 3 years makes a magical run but has usually lost one or will lose one he shouldn't that cancels out said run. I guess my question is, how many players on current roster do you think if any would transfer out due to a change and how many of our current committed recruits would we lose? Just curious.

2 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Bird and fellow Americans and Auburn people lol, I am all in on a new coach at this point. I would be lying if I said it isn't scary but sometimes we just have to take a leap of faith. The good things under Malzahn are.....recruits high character players, runs a clean and tight program. we harldy ever hear anything negative about players. The players always play hard for him and have still yet to quit. Recruits very well at most positions. He beats the breaks off Arkansas and most teams we should, and once every 3 years makes a magical run but has usually lost one or will lose one he shouldn't that cancels out said run. I guess my question is, how many players on current roster do you think if any would transfer out due to a change and how many of our current committed recruits would we lose? Just curious.

Beating UGA and UA in the same year then losing the next 2 games being called a "magical run" is indicative of the expectations by most at Auburn.  That's the problem.  It was almost meeting our goals, nothing more.

This coach will not utilize the best players. He hasn't done it in the past. I don't believe he will do it in the future. I seriously doubt his football mentality, when it comes to evaluating talent and developing anyone under his tutelage. Every QB who comes to Auburn, regresses, with the exception of two QBs who were already, so physically endowed, they didn't need it, and had received enough development elsewhere. We win when we can overwhelm with superior talent, but we lose when coaching and scheme has to be a part of the equation.

1 minute ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Beating UGA and UA in the same year then losing the next 2 games being called a "magical run" is indicative of the expectations by most at Auburn.  That's the problem.

Beating back to back number 1 teams in a season by any team is a pretty magical run IMO as well as what happened in 13 was truly magical regardless of expectations. I could care less what you think my expectations are or anybody else's. The point of my post was we know what we are getting and it isn't meeting said expectations and what effect would a "needed" change have on current players and commits?

13 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Right. I know nothing of coaching but it seems Auburn lacks simple, basic, boiler plate coaching.

8 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

We have the potential to have the talent.  We need a coach with a solid recruiting strategy and understanding of building a depth chart to come in an put some foundations in place at several positions.

We have the talent right now.

4 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Kids are RESILIENT. A temporary measure could be a promotion from within...Coach O was once interim, too. I don't know the answers. My solutions are as debatable as anyone's. It's undeniable that $49 million demands greater accountability. Where is the appearance of genuine sorrow after a winnable loss, even if expected? Because on any given Saturday,  the UN-expected can happen, just not for Auburn. Produce change in keeping with repentance (a Greek military term which means to march in the opposite direction... "about face.")!  Otherwise, it just reeks of, "I am untouchable." 

9 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

how many players on current roster do you think if any would transfer out due to a change and how many of our current committed recruits would we lose? Just curious.

I think we would lose less on the roster by transfer than will explore it if we keep Gus. Many will see it as a fresh start to prove themselves.

Recruiting will lose some but depending on who replaces it can be mitigated as well as open new doors.

Just now, ToraGirl said:

Kids are RESILIENT. A temporary measure could be a promotion from within...Coach O was once interim, too. I don't know the answers. My solutions are as debatable as anyone's. It's undeniable that $49 million demands greater accountability. Where is the appearance of genuine sorrow after a winnable loss, even if expected? Because on any given Saturday,  the UN-expected can happen, just not for Auburn. Produce change in keeping with repentance (a Greek military term which means to march in the opposite direction... "about face.")!  Otherwise, it just reeks of, "I am untouchable." 

I would agree with that. Let's go with that for a minute. If we fired Gus today and were going to promote from within even on an interim basis....who would it be? Kevin Steele? 

Nothing will ever change as long as Malzahn continues to snow the Board of Trustees and other big wigs at Auburn to let him keep his job.

2 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I would agree with that. Let's go with that for a minute. If we fired Gus today and were going to promote from within even on an interim basis....who would it be? Kevin Steele? 

Yes, it would be Steele

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I think we would lose less on the roster by transfer than will explore it if we keep Gus. Many will see it as a fresh start to prove themselves.

Recruiting will lose some but depending on who replaces it can be mitigated as well as open new doors.

But lets be honest bird, brutally honest...Gus isn’t going anywhere this year. I wish it were different. But I just don’t see it. Especially if we beat uga or bama.

1 minute ago, nixtosanders94 said:

But lets be honest bird, brutally honest...Gus isn’t going anywhere this year. I wish it were different. But I just don’t see it. Especially if we beat uga or bama.

I've always said, It's not who but how

7 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

It could be...or, Plan A, less than that, even if whomever CGM is accountable to were to set down some nonnegotiables for the rest of the season...wonder what might happen? Yes, it would be "meddling". Principals "meddle" all the time in ineffective classrooms for the sake of the learners. That's called leadership. I wish someone had "meddled" before April 15, 1912...severe analogy, but if a mid-season harness will right the ship, couldn't it be worth the risk? It's time for an intervention!  Plan B, Steele, would go further to keep the team and recruits intact.

Archived