Emory Blake's tweets

dyehardfanAU

What really makes me ill is Gus said after the game he never was going to pull Bo no matter what, yet he admitted he pulled The center because if one bad snap. See this is not fair. Bo is getting special treatment. That’s not right.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

What really makes me ill is Gus said after the game he never was going to pull Bo no matter what, yet he admitted he pulled The center because if one bad snap. See this is not fair. Bo is getting special treatment. That’s not right.

Out of likes, but yeah.

8 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

That’s not right.

Another reason that the change has to be made after this year. A blind king and a court full of enabling "YES MEN" never have a strong kingdom

1 hour ago, sevenlee36 said:

They really should not post crap like that. Give Dilly some time he’ll get it going, he hasn’t been OC and QB coach for long.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3

The fact that they are coming out and saying this should be concerning to every single AU fan. Its true. There is no amount of shredded coconut and powdered sugar that can be rubbed on a turd to turn it into a Twinkie

2 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I agree, but you’ll have folks come on here and try and justify last night. They will talk about LSU being a good team and at home, which is all true. They will talk about Bo being a freshman, which also is true but there are 5 freshman QBs out there and all of them are playing better than Bo. And it Gus’s responsibility to recruit and have a back up at every position. Uat lost one of the best QBs in College football and uat bring the next man up and never misses a beat. This isn’t Gus’s first year. He has recruited every man on the roster . If we don’t have someone to replace Bo with it’s his fault. If we don’t have a backup line to replace the starters it Gus’s fault. Again we pay the man the 5th highest salary in the country to WIN ballgames. Loosing to anyone is not acceptable. Gus needs to go to Arky where losing is acceptable. At AU it’s not.

I dont think ANYONE is justifying last night. I have been one of his longtime supporters/defenders but last night in the 2nd half of the game changed my mind. Our offense is weak against any defense with a pulse. We have great kids on offense but execution is weak. I will continue to support MY university and whoever the coach is but it is time for a change. We easily have the best defense in the country, we need a new offensive philosophy and whether that means a coaching change or ultimatum that CGM gives up the offense and we hire a proven OC makes no difference to me. Our kids deserve better

4 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

I dont think ANYONE is justifying last night. I have been one of his longtime supporters/defenders but last night in the 2nd half of the game changed my mind. Our offense is weak against any defense with a pulse. We have great kids on offense but execution is weak. I will continue to support MY university and whoever the coach is but it is time for a change. We easily have the best defense in the country, we need a new offensive philosophy and whether that means a coaching change or ultimatum that CGM gives up the offense and we hire a proven OC makes no difference to me. Our kids deserve better

Well said. Although I believe we already tried the ultimatum deal and that didn’t work either.

Well I'm friends with Colin Sears, jeraud powers, and silas Daniels on Facebook and I think they would agree with those posts to put it nicely lol

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Well I'm friends with Colin Sears, jeraud powers, and silas Daniels on Facebook and I think they would agree with those posts to put it nicely lol

Anyone who is not witless sees it and has seen it for some time.

49 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

ultimatum that CGM gives up the offense and we hire a proven OC makes no difference to me. Our kids deserve better

No reputable OC would come to AU knowing Gus’s history of meddling. He cannot relinquish control and once he fired Lindsey and took over again, he’s played his last card. He really needs to beat UGA and UAT. 

4 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

The second one was liked by Ronnie Brown and Rhett Lashlee...bwhahaha...

In one of the comments he says his dad (Jeff Blake) is open to coaching QBs at Auburn

1 hour ago, tbone4jc said:

I am right there with you. I have been a critic, but also supporter. I have always had a feeling in the back of my mind like everyone dogging him was wrong and he would eventually put it all together....because he would have games where it worked....but it is when it doesn't he cannot adapt. Like 2017, that run was magical, but then we crap the bed because of it. I realized last night we have won in spite of Gus not because of Gus. 

Edit: To add to this, I also see the execution errors and that is a big part of why I have defended him. Players have to execute right? Well yes, but when execution fails time and time again the blame goes to whoever is teaching. So that's the Position Coaches and Coordinators right? Well yes but when they fail time and time again then it has to go to who hired them. Gus . It is on Gus. I will not change m mind. At this point I have zero faith. The good thing is I now have zero expectations and it will take so much stress off watching the games. I don't care what happens from here I doubt he can or ever will get my trust back. This is a friggin travesty. The Best Defensive line we have had in my lifetime...and the best Defense period since maybe 2004, and we can't even win the conference. If we had even a bad offense, we could have beaten both UF and LSU handily. Our Offense is Putrid. It only works on teams we are far superior to in terms of talent. We cannot scheme around anyone. 

23 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

No reputable OC would come to AU knowing Gus’s history of meddling. He cannot relinquish control and once he fired Lindsey and took over again, he’s played his last card. He really needs to beat UGA and UAT. 

I believe Gus will beat UGA but fail against Saban. Then what? He will return for 2020 and we will lose 4 or more. Then will we make a change?

3 hours ago, doverstutts said:

Another reason that the change has to be made after this year. A blind king and a court full of enabling "YES MEN" never have a strong kingdom

Agree . Sorry  i m out of reactions

56 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Why did Jeraud get shown the door like 2 months in to his Morning Radio gig with the Ump in Huntsville a year or 2 back? That was weird.

1 hour ago, doverstutts said:

The fact that they are coming out and saying this should be concerning to every single AU fan. Its true. There is no amount of shredded coconut and powdered sugar that can be rubbed on a turd to turn it into a Twinkie

There is no amount of shredded coconut and powdered sugar that can be rubbed on a Twinkie to make it an actual Twinkie.

4 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

I believe Gus will beat UGA but fail against Saban. Then what? He will return for 2020 and we will lose 4 or more. Then will we make a change?

Don’t believe he will beat uga or uat . They both have Gus’s number. Our offense won’t operate against a good opponent and the defense eventually wears out with all the three and outs and turnovers. We very well could lose to OM next week as well. I think we wind up 8-4 due to some easy opponents. I don’t think we had the schedule everybody predicted early on Arky, MS,TAM and OM all proved week. Tulane, Sanford and Kent were as expected. Only decent win was a close one against Oregon and that’s because we caught them early. I’m sure any reasonable and knowledgeable person will look at this team at the end of the year as a team with possibilities but didn’t reach potential due to coaching.

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Don’t believe he will beat uga or uat . They both have Gus’s number. Our offense won’t operate against a good opponent and the defense eventually wears out with all the three and outs and turnovers. We very well could lose to OM next week as well. I think we wind up 8-4 due to some easy opponents. I don’t think we had the schedule everybody predicted early on Arky, MS,TAM and OM all proved week. Tulane, Sanford and Kent were as expected. Only decent win was a close one against Oregon and that’s because we caught them early. I’m sure any reasonable and knowledgeable person will look at this team at the end of the year as a team with possibilities but didn’t reach potential due to coaching.

I’m with you. Don’t see how we beat UGA. 

3 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I actually think the schedule set up as nicely this year for a run at it as we have or will have for quite some time. Bad teams are BAD....and The good teams have flaws that we should have been able to exploit and we have such a great Defense  to counter LSU and BAMA's strengths on Offense. That is where The good teams thrive at this season is on Offense and we have the Defense to stop them. I will not forgive Gus for this. I am thankful for 2013, but pissed for every season since. 

8 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I actually think the schedule set up as nicely this year for a run at it as we have or will have for quite some time. Bad teams are BAD....and The good teams have flaws that we should have been able to exploit and we have such a great Defense  to counter LSU and BAMA's strengths on Offense. That is where The good teams thrive at this season is on Offense and we have the Defense to stop them. I will not forgive Gus for this. I am thankful for 2013, but pissed for every season since. 

Agree both LSU and uat’s defenses are having a down year in comparison to past few years, uga also. That said even a fair offense paired with the great defense we have would have and should have gave us a decent shot at running the table. But instead we get a Gus infected offense and we have no chance. And the sad part is we have fans that just accept that. That’s not fair to the young men that come here to play fo AU. We should provide them with the best chance to succeed and with Gus at the helm we don’t give them a fair shot. Alan Green and the board owe it to the players to fire Gus and bring in a decent coach and give them a fair chance in winning instead of chaining them to our present looser coach. 

I'm torn. I think I want a change, but to be honest, I'm not sure I'm willing to take 2-3 years to rebuild a coaching philosophy before we can compete for titles again. It may not be that, but currently, we are beating most teams that we are supposed to be beating, and losing most games we should be losing. 

No, I am not OKAY with mediocrity, but I am scared ****less of not being truly competitive for championships for another 2-3 years. We've made it to November almost every year Gus has been here as a top 15 team (2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2019) and have at least been relevant. I don't want to be okay with only that as I believe we should have a coach that makes smarter decisions on game days, and has the ability to recruit and train talented QBs, but I don't know how willing I am to give that up when we are right there every year. When would we get the payoff we are looking for?

1 minute ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I'm torn. I think I want a change, but to be honest, I'm not sure I'm willing to take 2-3 years to rebuild a coaching philosophy before we can compete for titles again. It may not be that, but currently, we are beating most teams that we are supposed to be beating, and losing most games we should be losing. 

No, I am not OKAY with mediocrity, but I am scared ****less of not being truly competitive for championships for another 2-3 years. We've made it to November almost every year Gus has been here as a top 15 team (2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2019) and have at least been relevant. I don't want to be okay with only that as I believe we should have a coach that makes smarter decisions on game days, and has the ability to recruit and train talented QBs, but I don't know how willing I am to give that up when we are right there every year. When would we get the payoff we are looking for?

Well, do you want to take a chance at what could be a change for the better, or put up with 2-3 years for of this?  With Gus, you know what we have and will get.

Personally, I'll take the 2/3 year of a new coach vs. 2/3 more years of this.

2 minutes ago, Never2Yield said:

Well, do you want to take a chance at what could be a change for the better, or put up with 2-3 years for of this?  With Gus, you know what we have and will get.

Personally, I'll take the 2/3 year of a new coach vs. 2/3 more years of this.

I don't think it's that simple. What are the chances our new coach comes in and competes for titles? What are the chances Gus wins another title? He was a game away in 2017 from playing in the CFP. Most teams in the SEC haven't sniffed that yet. This year will be the first time LSU has even come close, much less made the playoff. 

I don't want this to turn into me defending Gus, because that's not what I want to do. I think he's got multiple deficiencies that I do not understand why he will not fix or at least address. I actually didn't like that we kept the guy after last season, but I cannot fully argue with the fact that we are in the hunt in November nearly every year under his head coaching. 

Archived