Emory Blake's tweets

dyehardfanAU

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, doug3020 said:

Wow. Coach RL throwing some serious fuel on the fire and Ronnie Brown works for the Auburn Network I believe.

Hard to blame Rhett after he was used as a scape goat to further Gus' career.  RB23 is one of my all time faves and this is just another reason why.

Oh, they’re just a bunch of Gus haters and clearly have an agenda.   Just want change for the sake of change.    They don’t know what goes on inside the program day in and day out.   “Who ya’ got” to take his place?

Good for starters?

1 minute ago, 1auburn1 said:

Oh, they’re just a bunch of Gus haters and clearly have an agenda.   Just want change for the sake of change.    They don’t know what goes on inside the program day in and day out.   “Who ya’ got” to take his place?

Good for starters?

Well done. I thought mikey had a burner account there for a second.

1 minute ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Well done. I thought mikey had a burner account there for a second.

While having a suitable replacement is important for sure........Gus winning out couldn't change my mind about change at this point........beginning to believe Bo is Gus' new scapegoat.

6 minutes ago, 1auburn1 said:

Good for starters?

Think that's the point of the tweet. They don't got anybody ready

Just now, kevon67 said:

While having a suitable replacement is important for sure........Gus winning out couldn't change my mind about change at this point........beginning to believe Bo is Gus' new scapegoat.

Agreed. I’ve already accepted Gus will be back next year but we all know what will happen. Heck at this point I’d settle for losing in a different manner. I’m sick of watching this offense gag every big game.

3 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Agreed. I’ve already accepted Gus will be back next year but we all know what will happen. Heck at this point I’d settle for losing in a different manner. I’m sick of watching this offense gag every big game.

Mike Leach with a WR corps full of South Florida guys would at least be fun to watch.

2 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Exactly and not bashing Bo but for Gus to leave a failing QB in the game is not only not good for Bo its not good for the team......It sends the message that one players confidence is> than team in my opinion.......there's no way in hell a change at QB couldn't have provided a spark, a renewed WR's confidence.

10 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Exactly and not bashing Bo but for Gus to leave a failing QB in the game is not only not good for Bo its not good for the team......It sends the message that one players confidence is> than team in my opinion.......there's no way in hell a change at QB couldn't have provided a spark, a renewed WR's confidence.

Agree on all fronts. I literally could not believe we didn’t see JG. I haven’t been a believer in the politics thing but you do have to begin to wonder why you leave Nix in there when he is clearly not effective.

Stale is the word I used to describe Auburn football earlier today. Pains my heart, but I genuinely believe that’s where we are. 

12 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

This was the 3rd game this season where he completed less than 43% of his passes.  It's hard for me to blame Bo when he get's a third chance.

1 minute ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Agree on all fronts. I literally could not believe we didn’t see JG. I haven’t been a believer in the politics thing but you do have to begin to wonder why you leave Nix in there when he is clearly not effective.

Not saying it's the case with Bo.......but I can tell you for a fact politics has been a part of football from the time I played peewee through Senior year in HS which happened to be 1986..........was a member of the Pascagoula QB club 2005 -2008 and politics was still alive and well.

Just now, kevon67 said:

Not saying it's the case with Bo.......but I can tell you for a fact politics has been a part of football from the time I played peewee through Senior year in HS which happened to be 1986..........was a member of the Pascagoula QB club 2005 -2008 and politics was still alive and well.

I know its always been a part of Auburn’s program for sure but I thought maybe Gus had more of a handle on it after seven years. But any other coach in the country would’ve pulled Bo last night and at least given JG a series or two.

35 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

Think that's the point of the tweet. They don't got anybody ready

But that’s not Gus’s fault. Just ask all these Gus fans. It is never Gus’s fault. Well guess what, it’s always Gus’s fault . He gets paid 7 million a year to WIN, not look good losing close. Fire Gus now.

3 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

I know its always been a part of Auburn’s program for sure but I thought maybe Gus had more of a handle on it after seven years. But any other coach in the country would’ve pulled Bo last night and at least given JG a series or two.

But Gus isn’t any other coach. Unlike them he is ok with loosing . He has a looser mentality. It’s who he is and will always be. It’s called Gussing.

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

But that’s not Gus’s fault. Just ask all these Gus fans. It is never Gus’s fault. Well guess what, it’s always Gus’s fault . He gets paid 7 million a year to WIN, not look good losing close. Fire Gus now.

If you will put your ear to the ground, you'll hear the rumbling of the buffalo. Gus does not have many fans left. Everybody still likes him , just not as a HC

Just now, doverstutts said:

If you will put your ear to the ground, you'll hear the rumbling of the buffalo. Gus does not have many fans left. Everybody still likes him , just not as a HC

I agree, but you’ll have folks come on here and try and justify last night. They will talk about LSU being a good team and at home, which is all true. They will talk about Bo being a freshman, which also is true but there are 5 freshman QBs out there and all of them are playing better than Bo. And it Gus’s responsibility to recruit and have a back up at every position. Uat lost one of the best QBs in College football and uat bring the next man up and never misses a beat. This isn’t Gus’s first year. He has recruited every man on the roster . If we don’t have someone to replace Bo with it’s his fault. If we don’t have a backup line to replace the starters it Gus’s fault. Again we pay the man the 5th highest salary in the country to WIN ballgames. Loosing to anyone is not acceptable. Gus needs to go to Arky where losing is acceptable. At AU it’s not.

I'm not a rabid Gus hater, and I'm certainly not a Bo hater. I do think Gus is stubborn and that his offense has seen its day. And I also think Bo is just an ordinary joe QB thrown into the fire way before he was ready for big boy football.

Why he has been anointed as the next superstar is a mystery to me. He sure isn't in the same league as other true freshmen who have been starters in major programs -- Jalen, Tua, Trevor, etc. Actually, he has never been a particularly accurate passer or polished QB.

It's not because he's never had any real development -- he's had a lifetime of coaching from his QB daddy and gone to QB summer camps. But this is not just about Bo. The OL is not helping him, and Gus is certainly not helping the team by refusing to put JG on the field to change the dynamic.

It's not like Gus is blind to the problem. I think he is reluctant to play JG, because he's worried the team would lose confidence in Bo as the superstar QB.

Archived