Arkansas game thread

AubWes33

Just now, creed said:

Off topic but why does it look like Kirby Smart is reading from a que card when asked a question? 😁

Because he doesn’t want anyone read his lips “Saban I need you and I miss you”

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

You realize the other option is to have a Chad Morris up-and-coming type who probably would have us fighting for 5th or 6th in the West.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not crazy that we stalled out in the second quarter but there's a lot more that goes into a game beside the Head Coach. And don't give me the spill about how everything ultimately being the HC's responsibility.

I’m sorry but I’m tired of this “but look how bad it could be” argument. Is there really much difference between being a 4-5 loss average team? The fear of trying can’t keep us stuck to a man who continually and routinely proves he isn’t doing what he needs to do.

Gus calls the damn plays dude and we hired him to be an offensive guru. So if we can’t blame him for the ineffectiveness of our offense what are we allowed to blame him for???

Just now, Sully to Beasley said:

Our true freshman QB is looking the part today. He will be fine in the long run. Struggles are just part of maturing as we all should know.

I disagree. The receivers are dropping passes and running poor routes. At least three of Bo’s incompletions were on the receivers.

1 minute ago, AUFriction said:

Anyone else notice the lazy receiver play in the first half? A couple of Bo’s misses came from receivers running wrong and/or lazy routes. Particularly, Williams Ran the wrong route on the drive w/ the missed field goal that probably would have gone for a score. Canella ran a poor come back route on that last offensive possession that led to the punt. All around, that was a sloppy second quarter, but receiver play has been terrible today.

Also, probably decipherable from above, but I don’t think Bo is playing that poorly. To me, it looks like it’s more on the receivers.

We have Kodi Burns as WR coach because Gus likes his yes men. Do you think Kodi Burns would be a WR coach for any other school in the country?

24 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

Stfu. Just because you guys are too damn homer to say otherwise doesn't change the damn statistics. Lol. What I said is true whether you or anyone else wants to admit or not

Screenshot_20191019-121254_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20191019-121355_Samsung Internet.jpg

I don't know who you talking to or what your are smoking. He has missed two FGs and you're talking out your rear end. Last year he was a T-Fr who Gus threw to the fire with a bunch of 45+ and 50+ attempts. You are far from qualified enough to say he doesn't have "it" at this point.

Just now, Kaiiu said:

We have Kodi Burns as WR coach because Gus likes his yes men. Do you think Kodi Burns would be a WR coach for any other school in the country?

Nope but he’s a hell of a recruiter at least. Better than Grimes who isn’t a great coach or recruiter. 

1 minute ago, Kaiiu said:

No

Just now, Kaiiu said:

I’m not in the anti-Kodi camp. I think he’s done an okay job. His first year or two I was a bit of a naysayer. I think he’s doing pretty well now. That said, they are playing sloppy as heck today.

2 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

So it's every QB during malzahn tenure? Or are we talking about QB the seasons that Gus was the playcaller. ? Most of those terrible QB seasons Gus was not the playcaller.

If you think it wasn't Gus's offense sir I just don't know what to tell you. When is the last time you could imagine a DC having a staff meeting on Sunday, and telling his staff we have to figure out a way to stop Auburn's passing attack? I'll hang up, and listen. 

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Nope but he’s a hell of a recruiter at least. Better than Grimes who isn’t a great coach or recruiter. 

He must be a magic recruiter to keep good WR’s coming here to play in this offense.

1 minute ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

USCE and UF tied at 10 at half 

I think it’s more likely UScar is good than it is UGA and UF are both bad 

2 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

I disagree. The receivers are dropping passes and running poor routes. At least three of Bo’s incompletions were on the receivers.

And how do you know they run the wrong route. Maybe Bo played it wrong , no way to know unless your in the huddle 

1 minute ago, nixtosanders94 said:

He must be a magic recruiter to keep good WR’s coming here to play in this offense.

I would seriously keep him in a recruiting capacity 

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

And how do you know they run the wrong route. Maybe Bo played it wrong , no way to know unless your in the huddle 

Exactly, we can't place blame at either on miscommunications because we do not know.

13 minutes ago, JGLEATON said:

Looked like a running back tryout after the quick touchdowns....  killing momentum changing out running backs and packages... can't sustain long drives that way and killed any rhythm we had.

put 11 you want on the field... keep em on the field..., go fast and 4 wide as much as possible...

Very true. Put DJ at RB and the best WRs we got on the field. Dont change it, and go fast. We are our own worst enemy.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I do not blame the players AT ALL!!!! Bo and Seth were 2 of the most highly recruited players at their positions in the country. It is this stupid ass scheme that is DEATH!!! I REPEAT DEATH to a QB and WR!!! We seriously have to be the worst passing offense in the country when you take in to account what we have at our disposal at QB and WR!!

Darvin Adams and Sammie Coates say Hi... Position coach job is to have their players in the right spot, correct depth on routes, etc... It doesn't matter what the play book looks like, when the players execute at their job the plays work most of the time.

7 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I’m sorry but I’m tired of this “but look how bad it could be” argument. Is there really much difference between being a 4-5 loss average team? The fear of trying can’t keep us stuck to a man who continually and routinely proves he isn’t doing what he needs to do.

Gus calls the damn plays dude and we hired him to be an offensive guru. So if we can’t blame him for the ineffectiveness of our offense what are we allowed to blame him for???

This. I don't do fear in this department. A "year 1-3 difficult honeymoon" is very different than asking the same questions in year 7. I'm absolutely in the middle, I try to see both sides, I hate the stereotypical name calling/division/condescension from the camps, and I know that certain strengths would be missed if they couldn't be replicated...but I am also not blind. Nor fearful. Things will unfold as and when they will, but this argument shouldn't be part of it.

1 minute ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Whats even more bizarre is Kodi's main selling point is that he played in this offense and knows it front to back yadda yadda yadda... Lol what is he telling these kids this O is about? 

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I think it’s more likely UScar is good than it is UGA and UF are both bad 

With their third string qb? Doubt it 

1 minute ago, Mims44 said:

Awful lot of whining going on for a highly ranked 5-1 team shutting out a conference opponent....

:lol: 

The shutout part doesn’t show us anything we didn’t know. Lack of offense is concerning considering we’re playing an explosive offense next week and right now we’re not moving the ball on a team in front of their high school sized crowd

Archived