Arkansas game thread

AubWes33

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

Man...I must've missed the memo that kickers are immune to scrutiny on this board. Duly noted moving forward.Β 

And here I thought the mob only came out for criticizing Gus πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Looked like a running back tryout after the quick touchdowns....Β  killing momentum changing out running backs and packages... can't sustain long drives that way and killed any rhythm we had.

put 11 you want on the field... keep em on the field..., go fast and 4 wide as much as possible...

Β 

3 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Joey needs to start the entire second half and run the entire offense.Β 

From a practical point of view, barring a Gatewood meltdown, wouldn't it be wise to have TWO more-experienced, situationally-strengthed QB's to give LSU something for which to have to plan? I remember the dual QB years of LSU that gave us fits. Not saying it has to be official, but the more capable moving parts we have, the better? No training like real game experience.

6 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Because people love to validate there preconceived biases

You would have to be blind not to see a pattern here. It isnt just Nix. It's every Malzahn QB with a few exceptions, and those exceptions are the freak athletes who could create and make up for coaching inadequacies. Many teams do much more with less at QB every Saturday. There is plenty of data at this point to back that up. Im a Malzahn supporter, but if Im a QB, Im not going to AU. Odds of you going backwards are pretty high.

1st quarter was great. 2nd quarter sucked. Hopefully we open the second half with a TD. Desperately need to call better passing plays for Bo. Need to attack the edge. Don't know why we aren't. Defense has looked really good though at least.Β 

2 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

You realize the other option is to have a Chad Morris up-and-coming type who probably would have us fighting for 5th or 6th in the West.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not crazy that we stalled out in the second quarter but there's a lot more that goes into a game beside the Head Coach. And don't give me the spill about how everything ultimately being the HC's responsibility.

yes its much more fun to fight for 3rd or 4th in the west...and yes, ultimately it IS all the HC responsibility...thats why he’s called Head Coach...

4 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

I’m ya huckleberry...

Yeah man all week everyone I have heard said attack Arky on the edge...so naturally we run up the middle.

Ran Shivers to the edge, touchdown.Β  Never went back to it.

Just now, ToraGirl said:

From a practical point of view, barring a Gatewood meltdown, wouldn't it be wise to have TWO more-experienced, situationally-strengthed QB's to give LSU something for which to have to plan? I remember the dual QB years of LSU that gave us fits. Not saying it has to be official, but the more capable moving parts we have, the better? No training like real game experience.

That ain't happening. Transfer portal is probably JG's next move, at the close of the season.

The offense is looking HORRENDOUS at the moment and I don't think that I need to beleaguer that point. The problem is that we can't run the inside zone without powerful running backs that can cut. That's an element that's lacked all year. Even boobee hasn't had that 100% of the way.Β 

We refuse to use the outside zone and option football in any capacity and we KEEP trying to shoehorn passes that our offense has yet to set up from our FRESHMAN QB with accuracy issues and residual shell shock. There is no nuance to the passing game that means that he's be able to go out there and sling it without a successful running game yet we continue to fall back on it.

The outside zone is what we're built for but Gus REFUSES to run it at any length. Our playcalling is lackluster and uninspired to boot.Β 

Defense can't win EVERY GAME.

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Running up the gut with a 180 pound rb to boot.

How dare you imply that he’s not clearly the best and most dynamic player we’ve ever had at Auburn!

4 minutes ago, The Freak said:

You can complain, but there's prolly bigger issues to focus on than a missed 48 yard fg.

No kidding. 48yd FG is never a gimmie in college. It isn't even a gimmie in the NFL

Anyone else notice the lazy receiver play in the first half? A couple of Bo’s misses came from receivers running wrong and/or lazy routes. Particularly, Williams Ran the wrong route on the drive w/ the missed field goal that probably would have gone for a score. Canella ran a poor come back route on that last offensive possession that led to the punt. All around, that was a sloppy second quarter, but receiver play has been terrible today.

Β 

Also, probably decipherable from above, but I don’t think Bo is playing that poorly. To me, it looks like it’s more on the receivers.

2 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

You would have to be blind not to see a pattern here. It isnt just Nix. It's every Malzahn QB with a few exceptions, and those exceptions are the freak athletes who could create and make up for coaching inadequacies. Many teams do much more with less at QB every Saturday. There is plenty of data at this point to back that up. Im a Malzahn supporter, but if Im a QB, Im not going to AU. Odds of you going backwards are pretty high.

So it's every QB during malzahn tenure? Or are we talking about QB the seasons that Gus was the playcaller. ? Most of those terrible QB seasons Gus was not the playcaller.

Off topic but why does it look like Kirby Smart is reading from a que card when asked a question? 😁

2 minutes ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

Ran Shivers to the edge, touchdown.Β  Never went back to it.

Typical

Just now, AUFriction said:

Anyone else notice the lazy receiver play in the first half? A couple of Bo’s misses came from receivers running wrong and/or lazy routes. Particularly, Williams Ran the wrong route on the drive w/ the missed field goal that probably would have gone for a score. Canella ran a poor come back route on that last offensive possession that led to the punt. All around, that was a sloppy second quarter, but receiver play has been terrible today.

Kodi Burns will straighen that out at halftime. LOL

4 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Wasn’t all on Bo, Seth has been running wrong routes and Schwartz should’ve had that one catchΒ 

I do not blame the players AT ALL!!!! Bo and Seth were 2 of the most highly recruited players at their positions in the country. It is this stupid ass scheme that is DEATH!!! I REPEAT DEATH to a QB and WR!!! We seriously have to be the worst passing offense in the country when you take in to account what we have at our disposal at QB and WR!!

Archived