Let's get one thing clear, it's not Bo's fault

dyehardfanAU

12 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Why are you so determined with being hellbent on our coaching staff and them making poor evaluations?  You said the same thing in the recruiting thread and everyone jumped on you for it...

Just pointing out the obvious truth.  Sorry if you and others either can't, or choose not to, see it.  Everyone got on me when I said Shivers should sit for his poor sportsmanship pre-game but I was right on that topic as well.  If you worry about what other people think before stating your opinion you're pretty weak minded.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, dyehardfanAU said:

Just pointing out the obvious truth.  Sorry if you and others either can't, or choose not, to see it.

Literally no one agreed with you on the recruiting forum.  Even @ellitor called you out on it for saying RG was a horrible recruiter.  

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

Literally no one agreed with you on the recruiting forum.  Even @ellitor called you out on it for saying RG was a horrible recruiter.  

I never said he was horrible, I said he was past his prime.  Which he is.  

1 minute ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Any way you slice it, JG’s POSSIBLE deficiencies as a passer are offset by tremendous benefits we refuse to tap into. 

Meanwhile with Bo, we have to just try and pass our way to victory with an anemic route combo selection.

We saw this with JFIII. Unless you are going to pass the ball, defenses will squash the option. I have no confidence that Gus would have let JG pass.But again, the deficient part here is Gus.  

49 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

Bo should be on the bench period. He’s way in over his head. He’s missing tons of wide open receivers. We’re not winning the SEC with Bo.  

LOL, we couldn't win the SEC with the current backup QB of the New England Patriots

17 minutes ago, cole256 said:

EVERYBODY has a part to blame. The truth is in the middle. Gus certainly could've called a better game. Bo wasn't running plays with nobody open. There were plenty of plays where guys were wide open in the middle of the field. Saying everything is on Bo is not being honest. Saying Bo was running plays without places to throw the ball isn't being honest either.

This is a post I agree with, what is disturbing to me is the lack of Schwartz, shivers, Gatewood not getting his number called even in short yardage when we couldn’t get a push. Bo had his opportunities to win this game and fell short, but it’s all teachable moments. OL has to get a fire lit under them, which I don’t know if that’s possible at this point, and gus needs to start using his weapons more often, especially if the offense is needing a spark like it did yesterday. We had so many opportunities to win that game yesterday, it just wasn’t meant to be, but the season isn’t over and we still control our own destiny, now whether that holds any weight remains to be seen.

18 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

We saw this with JFIII. Unless you are going to pass the ball, defenses will squash the option. I have no confidence that Gus would have let JG pass.But again, the deficient part here is Gus.  

Yes. Don't let JG in, and if he's in don't let him pass it. Those are some of coaches rules. His big list of special rules that keep getting him his ass beat.

1 hour ago, dyehardfanAU said:

He should be sitting the bench getting his redshirt on.  It's Gus' poor evaluation, recruiting, and development of QBs over the last 5 years that are forcing him into this bad situation.  He doesn't have the pieces around him that a Tua or a Lawrence or a Fromm have due to poor evaluation, recruiting and development of OL, RB, and WRs.  Gus is an awful Head Coach and that extends far beyond the X's and O's of gameday.

That is mostly correct but in the game yesterday Gus kept calling 12 to 15 yards route while Florida was blitzing.  There is no way a quarterback has time for those routes to develop when the opponent is blitzing.  In addition, when Florida ran zone coverage the routes called were in the teeth of the zone instead of open areas of the zone.  Gus' playcalling did not. Give Bo a chance to be successful.

Tua and Fromm would also not be successful with Bozo calling plays.

53 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

There aren't enough X's and O's in the world for this team to overcome it's deficiencies when playing good teams.  Even if there were, Gus ain't got them.

True, but Dan Mullen had a pretty good offensive game plan yesterday against our defense, which most people say is one of the best in the country. But you´re right, Gus seems to have no X´s or O´s, Plan B, or really nothing at all when he goes into a game like yesterday´s. 

2 minutes ago, Carnell said:

That is mostly correct but in the game yesterday Gus kept calling 12 to 15 yards route while Florida was blitzing.  There is no way a quarterback has time for those routes to develop when the opponent is blitzing.  In addition, when Florida ran zone coverage the routes called were in the teeth of the zone instead of open areas of the zone.  Gus' playcalling did not. Give Bo a chance to be successful.

Gus didn’t put Bo in the best position, but bo missed his share too. That being said I blame the turf monster for tripping up DB the most. Man what that could’ve done for momentum 

12 minutes ago, Carnell said:

You'll never find me saying that Gus' play calling helps any of his players out.  He's never been a good college play caller unless he had a QB capable of overcoming his poor play calls and a great  OL that someone else gifted him.

8 minutes ago, Dan-0 said:

True, but Dan Mullen had a pretty good offensive game plan yesterday against our defense, which most people say is one of the best in the country. But you´re right, Gus seems to have no X´s or O´s, Plan B, or really nothing at all when he goes into a game like yesterday´s. 

Dan Mullen is a much better coach than Gus so you're first sentence shouldn't really surprise anyone.

11 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Gus didn’t put Bo in the best position, but bo missed his share too. That being said I blame the turf monster for tripping up DB the most. Man what that could’ve done for momentum 

I’m still a little salty today, but watching the replays of DB running brings a smile to my face.

Every. Single. Time. 

11 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

You are right that bo missed some but no one perfect I have seen drew breese miss opportunities.  I am even old enough to have seen unitas make mistakes.  The difference their coaches gave these guys chances to overcome those mistakes but gus just continues to have bad scheme that does not anyone atone for his mistakes.

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

Ah man more reactionary threads. Nobody was saying this last week. Y’all keep going 0-100. This was one bad game and I understand people are frustrated but no he shouldn’t be redshirting

I’ve stayed away but have to second this.  I have no idea what’s right or wrong but extremes on the board are ridiculous. As was said recently in a press conference....play calling looks brilliant when it works and idiotic when it doesn’t. Just read the a and m boards after our game. This is not in defense of anything. I’m not versed enough to defend any one position.

55 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Gus has never utilized the middle of the field or had a particularly enticing quick game...

What makes his offense dangerous is the fact that the QB has the option to turn longer developing pass plays into 5-8yd runs that keep the opposing defense on the field tiring them out. Then the edge-bending run plays become much harder to stop and more deadly. Follow that up with a shot play.... It also neuters pass rush and blitz selection because man on the back-end leaves you open to an escaping QB making it easier for OLs to block. And regular pass rush has to maintain lane integrity keeping them from using inside moves and relegating them to speed and speed to power rushes.

Any way you slice it, JG’s POSSIBLE deficiencies as a passer are offset by tremendous benefits we refuse to tap into. 

Meanwhile with Bo, we have to just try and pass our way to victory with an anemic route combo selection.

So basically what you're saying is that for Gus' offense to run you have to have a QB that can make something out of nothing. Lol Sadly I agree.

1 hour ago, dyehardfanAU said:

He should be sitting the bench getting his redshirt on.  It's Gus' poor evaluation, recruiting, and development of QBs over the last 5 years that are forcing him into this bad situation.  He doesn't have the pieces around him that a Tua or a Lawrence or a Fromm have due to poor evaluation, recruiting and development of OL, RB, and WRs.  Gus is an awful Head Coach and that extends far beyond the X's and O's of gameday.

And after we lose to LSU and bench Gatewood...what then?

Just now, Swamp Eagle said:

And after we lose to LSU and bench Gatewood...what then?

I'm not following your question.  Where did I say anything about Gatewood?  We should have upperclass QB(s) ready to go in our HC's 7th season.

It’s really damn if you do , damn if you don’t. I would love to see what’s JG can do, but if he throws 3 interceptions in the game then folks will say “see, if he would’ve let him pass then he would be ready.” However, if he goes crazy then folks would say “see, Gus doesn’t know how to evaluate talent.” Personally, they are both young and I do think JG eventually will get his chance. When that does happen hopefully he would be afforded patience from the fan base.

Just now, dyehardfanAU said:

I'm not following your question.  Where did I say anything about Gatewood?  We should have upperclass QB(s) ready to go in our HC's 7th season.

Gatewood is next in line.

Gus’ offense depended on a substitution advantage the rules have negated. He has recruited OL and backfield poorly. No defense respects his deep threat and just crash the lines. Put Gatewood in all you want. They’ll crash the lines and take their chances and the result yesterday would have been the same.

"Message to all these “Auburn fans” calling for coach firing/QB benching and so on...

Bryant Denny has lots of stadium seats open up pretty early in their games...please go fill them, your attitude/mindset will fit in better there."

-anonymous Twitter post

Archived