Let's get one thing clear, it's not Bo's fault

dyehardfanAU

He should be sitting the bench getting his redshirt on.  It's Gus' poor evaluation, recruiting, and development of QBs over the last 5 years that are forcing him into this bad situation.  He doesn't have the pieces around him that a Tua or a Lawrence or a Fromm have due to poor evaluation, recruiting and development of OL, RB, and WRs.  Gus is an awful Head Coach and that extends far beyond the X's and O's of gameday.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Changing QB is not the miracle salve for all the problems on offense.  I agree though that GM once again doesn’t seem to have the answers to move the offense up to where we can compete consistently in big games. I just don’t think yanking the qb is gonna make a huge difference right now. 

Can agree to this post currently. A TF QB should never be your Go-To, only auxiliary. If he is, then you’ve went wrong in recruiting and development....

Or you have an out-the-box one of a kind QB.

2 minutes ago, jptiger said:

Changing QB is not the miracle salve for all the problems on offense. 

It can be when your backup brings a radically different facet to the offense that can take a lot of burden off of a languished OL as well as move the ball in the trademark way that your offense is KNOWN FOR.

4 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

It can be when your backup brings a radically different facet to the offense that can take a lot of burden off of a languished OL as well as move the ball in the trademark way that your offense is KNOWN FOR.

What if he has more problems with accuracy than Nix? Have to throw it at some point. When matched against a defense that is comparable with ours running it every play isn’t an option. 

1 minute ago, jptiger said:

What if he has more problems with accuracy than Nix? Have to throw it at some point. When matched against a defense that is comparable with ours running it every play isn’t an option. 

What if he doesn't?

1 minute ago, jptiger said:

If that’s the case, then we need new QBs because doing worse than 3 picks and multiple missed passes isn’t stellar...

Auburn only needs the run to win. JG aids that. We don’t have a nuanced passing attack and if the run isn’t working, we sure as heck won’t get it in the air anyways.

4 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

Bo should be on the bench period. He’s way in over his head. He’s missing tons of wide open receivers. We’re not winning the SEC with Bo.  

We weren't winning the SEC this season either way.  Our offense is a $%^# show thanks to the piss poor evaluation, recruitment, and development under this mickey mouse offensive coaching staff.  Name one coach on our offensive coaching staff that could get a job working for Saban or Smart.

I think we will know for sure if Gus made the right QB choice on Oct. 26 in Death Valley against LSU.  We will know if Bo is ready for top-tier SEC defenses. Yesterday´s performance by Bo was a disaster but the play-calling did not help him either. If we have the kind of game plan (or lack thereof) against LSU that we had against FL then I expect we will see a similar type of performance by Bo.

Ah man more reactionary threads. Nobody was saying this last week. Y’all keep going 0-100. This was one bad game and I understand people are frustrated but no he shouldn’t be redshirting

Just now, Sizzle said:

Ah man more reactionary threads. Nobody was saying this last week. Y’all keep going 0-100. This was one bad game and I understand people are frustrated but no he shouldn’t be redshirting

Who wasn't saying this last week?  I don't think I've ever faltered from my stance that Gus is an 8 win a season coach is in over his head in the SEC and has done a terrible job of building a program.  Go ahead and throw out generalizations and falsehoods though if it makes you feel better about yourself.

16 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Can agree to this post currently. A TF QB should never be your Go-To, only auxiliary. If he is, then you’ve went wrong in recruiting and development....

Or you have an out-the-box one of a kind QB.

100% fact....I ran out of upvotes agreeing with posts like this today....I guess I need to buy a vowel

5 minutes ago, Dan-0 said:

I think we will know for sure if Gus made the right QB choice on Oct. 26 in Death Valley against LSU.  We will know if Bo is ready for top-tier SEC defenses. Yesterday´s performance by Bo was a disaster but the play-calling did not help him either. If we have the kind of game plan (or lack thereof) against LSU that we had against FL then I expect we will see a similar type of performance by Bo.

There aren't enough X's and O's in the world for this team to overcome it's deficiencies when playing good teams.  Even if there were, Gus ain't got them.

2 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Yes sir. It’s 1 loss. It’s sucks. I hate it. QB battle was fought and won. I think Gatewood should have been in some on short yardage but that’s it. 

Just now, dyehardfanAU said:

Who wasn't saying this last week?  I don't think I've ever faltered from my stance that Gus is an 8 win a season coach is in over his head in the SEC and has done a terrible job of building a program.  Go ahead and throw out generalizations and falsehoods though if it makes you feel better about yourself.

You made a thread after last weeks game saying Bo should be benched and should’ve redshirted?

26 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

The backup is always the most popular guy after a loss. However, I’m not sure it would have mattered. Gus calling run plays and long pass plays against a defense that is stacking the box would probably not be successful with any QB. Without short passes and utilizing the middle of the field, Gus screwed the offense. 

But JG should see the field any time we are near the ten. And in the case of Saturday, he should have already gotten several opportunities in the red zone. But as many have eluded to, Gus puckered. We’ve seen it over and over. 

12 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

You made a thread after last weeks game saying Bo should be benched and should’ve redshirted?

I've said on multiple occasions that Bo should've had someone in front of him to be starting from a previous recruiting class.  I've said on multiple occasions that the preceding recruiting classes did not meet the needs for the future of this team. 

I am sorry if you somehow tricked yourself into believing that this team could be world beaters with a true freshman QB, regardless of all of the other necessary pieces that just aren't there.  

1 minute ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I've said on multiple occasions that Bo should've had someone in front of him to be starting from a previous recruiting class.

So you are a Cord Sandberg fan?

EVERYBODY has a part to blame. The truth is in the middle. Gus certainly could've called a better game. Bo wasn't running plays with nobody open. There were plenty of plays where guys were wide open in the middle of the field. Saying everything is on Bo is not being honest. Saying Bo was running plays without places to throw the ball isn't being honest either.

• WarTiger changed the title to Let's get one thing clear, it's not Bo's fault
25 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

We weren't winning the SEC this season either way.  Our offense is a $%^# show thanks to the piss poor evaluation, recruitment, and development under this mickey mouse offensive coaching staff.  Name one coach on our offensive coaching staff that could get a job working for Saban or Smart.

In order to work for Saban you only need to show up with baggage, drinking problems,etc.....

Just now, kevon67 said:

In order to work for Saban you only need to show up with baggage, drinking problems,etc.....

You're not this dumb...right?

46 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

He should be sitting the bench getting his redshirt on.  It's Gus' poor evaluation, recruiting, and development of QBs over the last 5 years that are forcing him into this bad situation.  He doesn't have the pieces around him that a Tua or a Lawrence or a Fromm have due to poor evaluation, recruiting and development of OL, RB, and WRs.  Gus is an awful Head Coach and that extends far beyond the X's and O's of gameday.

Why are you so determined with being hellbent on our coaching staff and them making poor evaluations?  You said the same thing in the recruiting thread and everyone jumped on you for it...

8 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

The backup is always the most popular guy after a loss. However, I’m not sure it would have mattered. Gus calling run plays and long pass plays against a defense that is stacking the box would probably not be successful with any QB. Without short passes and utilizing the middle of the field, Gus screwed the offense. 

But JG should see the field any time we are near the ten. And in the case of Saturday, he should have already gotten several opportunities in the red zone. But as many have eluded to, Gus puckered. We’ve seen it over and over. 

Gus has never utilized the middle of the field or had a particularly enticing quick game...

What makes his offense dangerous is the fact that the QB has the option to turn longer developing pass plays into 5-8yd runs that keep the opposing defense on the field tiring them out. Then the edge-bending run plays become much harder to stop and more deadly. Follow that up with a shot play.... It also neuters pass rush and blitz selection because man on the back-end leaves you open to an escaping QB making it easier for OLs to block. And regular pass rush has to maintain lane integrity keeping them from using inside moves and relegating them to speed and speed to power rushes.

Any way you slice it, JG’s POSSIBLE deficiencies as a passer are offset by tremendous benefits we refuse to tap into. 

Meanwhile with Bo, we have to just try and pass our way to victory with an anemic route combo selection.

Archived