Auburn Volleyball

Mikey

On 9/14/2024 at 1:30 PM, I_M4_AU said:

Auburn drops one:

But rebounds:

It’s a bummer they weren’t able to take a set or two off of Minnesota, but I think there is a lot of good to take away from that match. This was the team’s first road match in front of 4,500+ fans.  It was against what is likely going to be a top 10 team. It was the toughest serving team they will face this year.  Minnesota also had an unusually good night of serving over 94%. Auburn didn’t pack it in when they were down big in that third set.  Instead they rallied and made it respectable. And in the first and second set, it felt like either team could have easily won. The gap isn’t that big and this is the type of match they can learn and build on.   Their resolve also showed against LIU, by making sure the sweep was locked in. Winning that 3rd set was important even though the match was really never in doubt. 

• Like 3

Attended the AU vs Samford game yesterday.  I was impressed with the Samford team.  I thought they were a very good serve and receive team.  we won 3 sets to 1 with scores 25/18, 18/25, 25/10 and 25/17.  Overall statistics were fairly even in terms of Kills (AU 51 Samford 49) but Samford had 8 more errors which helped the AU cause.  Dreves continues to impress with 15 kills, 16 digs and 2 blocks.  Samford's outside hitter (Meritt) had 21 kills and was impressive.  We play UAB at 7 PM tonight (ESPN+).  They lost 1-3 last night to South Alabama.

• Thanks 1