Shivers - Over-hyped or improperly utilized?

dyehardfanAU

Thanks 🙏 @Momma Worm for your fire and brimstone. I said it a few minutes after the thread started and I’ll say it again, “This thread is just dumb”!

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, toddc said:

Thanks 🙏 @Momma Worm for your fire and brimstone. I said it a few minutes after the thread started and I’ll say it again, “This thread is just dumb”!

I'd have "disappeared" it five minutes in.

On 9/29/2019 at 7:32 PM, Barnacle said:

Remember when Rickie Williams went on a vision quest and lived in a tent? That's what I'm imagining right now.

Rickie Williams went on a vision quest..........really...........Movie: Vision Quest (1985)

9 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Rickie Williams went on a vision quest..........really...........Movie: Vision Quest (1985)

As a wrestler, I really loved that movie. Wrestling, great soundtrack, and Linda Fiorentino.....good stuff 

On 9/30/2019 at 2:41 PM, AUDevil said:

Nothing wrong with being a couch coach...90% of us are and we're the reason there is a board in the first place...for fans to come and talk about ALL aspects of the team...informed and uninformed, with biased and unbiased lenses, with and without criticism.

I love getting parents' perspectives on here...but I'm always surprised that they stick around.  The internet is brutal on all public figures.

The internet is serious business.  Or at least it's taken way too seriously by way too many.  AU forums have always been about discussing Auburn teams and Auburn players.  Sometimes people are too close to the situation and are probably best off not allowing themselves to be put in situations that will offend their sensibilities.

That being said, I hope with our renewed efforts to get the outside run game going we'll see more of Shivers off tackle behind pulling OL to try to get him the best blocking we can.

4 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

The internet is serious business.  Or at least it's taken way too seriously by way too many.  AU forums have always been about discussing Auburn teams and Auburn players.  Sometimes people are too close to the situation and are probably best off not allowing themselves to be put in situations that will offend their sensibilities.

That being said, I hope with our renewed efforts to get the outside run game going we'll see more of Shivers off tackle behind pulling OL to try to get him the best blocking we can.

If we can get him into open space, then watch out. On the wheel route, his height may make him a hard target to hit. So, maybe the wheel route, and the like, may not be the answer. I just love seeing him run.

35 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

That movie always reminds me that the same guy who sang "Lunatic Fringe" also sang "Life is a Highway" and I get equal parts confused and sad. 

Tom Cochrane

Archived