Shivers - Over-hyped or improperly utilized?

dyehardfanAU

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Barnacle said:

He had 17 of 63 attempts against Kent State and 18 of 41 against TAMU. Not sure about the second half though 

My non expert opinion thinks that CGM is thinking Boobee can wear down a defense in the 2nd half........dont get me wrong I think Boobee is a good back.........I think back to a time when Les Miles had 4 or 5 capable backs he used weekly and was successful doing so.

3 hours ago, Bottomfeeder said:

The Worm needs to run the wheel route more often

Sorry but I think Joiner has already been pigeonholed I mean taken over that slot.  Also, catch radius? Not say'in; just say'in.  Now who's our swing pass guy this year?

This thread is just dumb! There, I said it.

Notice that when he runs, he rarely goes down on first contact, unless snatched from behind. Dude is a baller, not gonna make an ol comment, just because it will do no good. 

59 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Sorry but I think Joiner has already been pigeonholed I mean taken over that slot.  Also, catch radius? Not say'in; just say'in.  Now who's our swing pass guy this year?

To be fair, and I’m a joiner fan, hes  already dropped an easy one. What bothers me, we don’t make arguably the second fastest player on the team a passing game threat

8 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Dude seems like more of a speed back, great for sweeps and screens.  However Gus seems to be primarily utilizing him as a feature back.  I can't get a read on whether he is an SEC caliber back and am curious to hear some opinions.

How about this: a very valuable, team oriented sophomore who plays super hard and can be counted on to get his job done. And his best is ahead of him. 

14 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

5.3 is with the padding from Kent State.  Outside of that game he's averaging less than 2 YPC which is what originally prompted my post.  I was looking at stats and was very surprised how unproductive he's been with the limited opportunities he's been given.

That second sentence is rather odd. 

Would be curious to see what Boobee's YPC is if you take out the Kent State game and only counted his first 4, 1 and 6 carries in the other 3 games. Of course, it still wouldn't be apples to apples because Boobee didn't touch the ball against the toughest defense we've faced until the other guys wore them down a little.

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

That second sentence is rather odd. 

Would be curious to see what Boobee's YPC is if you take out the Kent State game and only counted his first 4, 1 and 6 carries in the other 3 games. Of course, it still wouldn't be apples to apples because Boobee didn't touch the ball against the toughest defense we've faced until the other guys wore them down a little.

I don't have time to look through the play-by-play stats right now but he's averaging 4.17 YPC if you take out Kent State.

41 yards on Boobee's first 4, 1 and 6 carries for an average of 3.73 in the other 3 games.

The next questions are how were the carries distributed- how many times has Worm gotten multiple carries in a single series or even on consecutive series?- what were the play calls, which back came into the season with over twice as many carries as the other one...

It's an extremely flawed comparison.

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

41 yards on Boobee's first 4, 1 and 6 carries for an average of 3.73 in the other 3 games.

The next questions are how were the carries distributed- how many times has Worm gotten multiple carries in a single series or even on consecutive series?- what were the play calls, which back came into the season with over twice as many carries as the other one...

So you're leaning improperly utilized if I'm following your argument.

Just now, dyehardfanAU said:

So you're leaning improperly utilized if I'm following your argument.

If those are my two choices, yes. 

But also, you're an intelligent football observer and you're worth having a conversation with about how running backs arrive at their stats. You've made a few posts suggesting that you think extremely limited opportunities paint a full picture of a football player. You also did a bit of cherry picking on stats but only for one player (until further prompted). 

Your opinions suggest either unconventional notions about the sport or possibly a bit of an agenda with regards to one of our players. Since you started a thread specifically about that player, I think all of your comments are fair game for scrutiny.

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

If those are my two choices, yes. 

But also, you're an intelligent football observer and you're worth having a conversation with about how running backs arrive at their stats. You've made a few posts suggesting that you think extremely limited opportunities paint a full picture of a football player. You also did a bit of cherry picking on stats but only for one player (until further prompted). 

Your opinions suggest either unconventional notions about the sport or possibly a bit of an agenda with regards to one of our players. Since you started a thread specifically about that player, I think all of your comments are fair game for scrutiny.

I don't think I have an agenda regarding the players, coaches, AD, etc.  I have some opinions, I have some questions, but agenda?  Nah.  

Thanks for looking up the Boobie stats.  I'm leaning towards improperly utilized right now myself.

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

If it were basketball Worm wouldn't have a chance to be warmed up when finding his shot.

2 hours ago, Viper said:

Where the heck is KMart? You know...the guy Gus said was the best back in the Nation coming out of high school. 

Good point. You could sub his name for Worm's in the title.

Would love to see the two of them combining for about 15 carries a game. It could be 7 and 8 or 14 and 1.

17 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Someone ran her off?    That sucks.

The icing on the cake is to me is the only over hyped part.   I think he is as good as advertised,  but I was EXTRA hopeful because Momma was brave enough to post  on a  football  forum.   Since I also post on that forum I get imaginary  bragging rights as if I am an old family friend.  LOL    Not sure I would have the guts to post here if my son was on the team.  Even if he had great talent. 

I don't want to know who ran her off, or why.   There is always someone that makes it personal.   A personal attack on someones kid  is crossing the line.  Hence why we don't /shouldn't attack the players..  It is an instant trigger point to a parent.   I've seen too many parents get run off of forums basically for standing up for their child.  

You won’t ever have to worry about seeing that guy post ever again.  Received a permanent ban.

On 9/27/2019 at 3:32 PM, jared52 said:

3:26PM and already down to 13%? You need to get your battery replaced. 😂

Lol my stays on the charger!

He's a running back that has rarely received two handoffs in a row but everybody with a brain can see he's special........easy question to answer. 

Take that play against Alabama that was called back.....how many people have you seen break a run like that against them in the last decade? Two maybe? Now think about what he could do if allowed to get a rhythm

11 hours ago, Viper said:

Where the heck is KMart? You know...the guy Gus said was the best back in the Nation coming out of high school. 

Finally question answered.

Archived