looking forward

aubiefifty

No mistakes against LSU, D-Line stuffs the run and with a few blitz's we keep pressure on Barrow we can keep the LSU score down. The big question is how much the O continues to get better. If O has a bunch of 3 and outs then our D will wear down. If our O can keep  our  D off the field and also a few time burning drives we can beat LSU but it won't be easy.

Lets Beat Miss. State first then worry about next team on the schedule. Miss. State game is big first SEC team we play at home after a big road win. We can't let the road win against A&M distract us from what we need to do against Miss. State. O needs to continue to improve, O-line needs to continue to improve, need the better play calling we saw in A&M game and D needs to really set a tone early at home and hopefully dominate.

Everybody is saying that Fla. is beatable I agree but they will be at home and the new QB is playing better than the QB that got hurt. So lets not concentrate to much on LSU until we have taken care of business.  First Miss. State then Fla. So I am more of lets play one game at a time.

Not sure why we keep leaving Fla off the “hard games ahead “ list. They’re not in the league with UA, Ga, Lswho, but they are gonna be tough to beat at home. I remember the days when the Swamp was up there in tough venues to play in.

Last year against TN we proved that we are fully capable of losing to anyone at any time, so there’s no gimmes for sure (except Samford)

MSU - If we take care of business, we should win

@UF -  50/50 at this point IMHO

@Arky - should be a win.  They are not good at all

@LSU- I think they’re really good.  That would be a very tough victory.  I don’t like our chances in this one.  

Ole Miss - should be a win

uga - I actually think they are the “most likely” of the big 3 for us to beat.  They rely on the run inspire of the talent they have in the passing game.   A handful of big plays at the right time and we could win this one.  

Samford - ok, so we have one automatic win left   

bama - I think their defense and run game are both really good.  They just haven’t needed to trust them yet.

8-4 or 9-3 seems like the most likely landing for this team, which isn’t too shabby, especially with our schedule!   Worst case scenario at this point is 7-5, and I don’t think that’s likely.   Man, that feels good to say!!!

At this point, I would say our ceiling is 10-2.  Which again feels really good to say!  If we continue to improve a lot each week, we might could even raise that ceiling.   Here I go getting my hopes up again.  🤦‍♂️

8 hours ago, toddc said:

Getting too far ahead on any predictions. Let’s just win Saturday and then predict the next week and so on...

I agree with this.  As fun as it is to "think ahead" and I have let that though enter my head occasionally, the bottom line is a lot can happen from week to week.

*injuries to either team

*team does not improve from week to week

That said, I do like where we are at now and if we continue to make strides each week and become better and better in all phases of the game, I do like our chances.

If.....we can make it to LSU unbeaten, I like our chances in that game and the ones that follow (especially since they are at home).

On 9/24/2019 at 7:53 PM, ChltteTiger said:

Hey what about the hogs? What if we don't show up in Fayetteville? 👿

Good point. If we don't make it to the stadium, then they might take us to overtime. 

Definitely need to scout the travel logistics and be prepared for anything. 

On 9/24/2019 at 10:57 AM, Win4AU said:

Miss State - beatable

Florida - beatable 

Arkansas - terrible

LSU - I’m not sure

Ole Miss - beatable 

Georgia - beatable after that ND game.  Auburn is as good if not slightly better than ND based on what I saw the other night.

Bama - depends on the UGA game.  If Auburn beats Georgia I’m going to say beatable.  If Auburn doesn’t look great against UGA I don’t know that they fair well here either.

Bo is hasn’t played great but hasn’t played like a freshman yet either.  I worry that’s gonna come eventually and cost Auburn a win somewhere on this schedule.

I agree with everything here but the last line. LSU is still kind of a question mark. My guess is that it will be a tight, but winnable game. Our offense puts up decent points against their underperforming defense. Their really good offense and our really good defense will be a contest. UGA did not look particularly impressive, but is still very talented. I'll have more confidence about Bama if we put away LSU and/or UGA. Right now, I think it is the one game I wouldn't lean toward us winning. 

I disagree on your last point. You are right that Bo has played better than an early season freshman. I don't think he ever will have a freshman like performance. I'm waiting for the light to come on. I think he's close to becoming a solid quarterback. 

Archived