looking forward

aubiefifty

for you guys more knowledgeable about football i have a couple of quick questions. can our d dominate lsu's o? they seem to be subpar on d so i take hope in that. but lsu always seems to have our number. and second........... can our d and our secondary hold up against the turds o? i would be very interested in some of your comments.

Not sure I am one of the guys that fall under "guys more knowledgeable", but my opinion is that we will not "dominate".  If we can hold LSU to the 20s, then that is dominating.  

Burrow is damn good and their WRs are scary good. Plus they will be confident against us because we never beat them no matter how big we get up on them. We are going to need Bo Nix to hit on everything in that game to keep up with their O IMO

My view is that there are just a handful of plays against good opponents that make the difference in a game. I’m hoping we make a few more than the other team. I bet our team will respect all the teams we play and I think  the fans should too. If anyone watched the game last week there are things our team needs to improve on before using the word domination. 

I feel better about stopping uat's offense than LSU. The bammers have not shown they can run the ball. If you can't muster 80yds against USC there is no way they can run it against our D-line. They rely on a bunch of quick short passes instead of runs and these turn into 70yd TD's. I think our secondary can keep these guys in front of them. I also don't think tua will have 4 seconds to sit in the pocket and let a deep play develop. I don't think we dominate or shut them down but AU will limit them. 

2 minutes ago, RHN1975 said:

I feel better about stopping uat's offense than LSU. The bammers have not shown they can run the ball. If you can't muster 80yds against USC there is no way they can run it against our D-line. They rely on a bunch of quick short passes instead of runs and these turn into 70yd TD's. I think our secondary can keep these guys in front of them. I also don't think tua will have 4 seconds to sit in the pocket and let a deep play develop. I don't think we dominate or shut them down but AU will limit them. 

Too early to guess how our D will play against Alabama. So much can change along both lines that could impact.

But so far our D is strong against the run, but against the pass, if we get nothing from the DTs, then we are vulnerable to passing completions and big plays. Our DEs so far have NOT put pressure on the QB other than forcing him back up in the pocket at times. I haven't, to my recollection, seen them sack a QB on a bull rush or a dominate inside move.

When we get pressure from all parts of the DL, then our DBs can cover better. Our LBs are so quick I like how we control 5 yds within the LOS. 

3 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Too early to guess how our D will play against Alabama. So much can change along both lines that could impact.

But so far our D is strong against the run, but against the pass, if we get nothing from the DTs, then we are vulnerable to passing completions and big plays. Our DEs so far have NOT put pressure on the QB other than forcing him back up in the pocket at times. I haven't, to my recollection, seen them sack a QB on a bull rush or a dominate inside move.

When we get pressure from all parts of the DL, then our DBs can cover better. Our LBs are so quick I like how we control 5 yds within the LOS. 

While we do need more presure it is hard to say they haven't gotten it done. Davidson is tied for second in the SEC with 3 sacks. Truesdale has 3 along with 2 from Brown. Davidson and Brown are tied for third in the SEC in tackles for loss. It will all come together at some point.   

Miss State - beatable

Florida - beatable 

Arkansas - terrible

LSU - I’m not sure

Ole Miss - beatable 

Georgia - beatable after that ND game.  Auburn is as good if not slightly better than ND based on what I saw the other night.

Bama - depends on the UGA game.  If Auburn beats Georgia I’m going to say beatable.  If Auburn doesn’t look great against UGA I don’t know that they fair well here either.

Bo is hasn’t played great but hasn’t played like a freshman yet either.  I worry that’s gonna come eventually and cost Auburn a win somewhere on this schedule.

18 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Miss State - beatable

Florida - beatable 

Arkansas - terrible

LSU - I’m not sure

Ole Miss - beatable 

Georgia - beatable after that ND game.  Auburn is as good if not slightly better than ND based on what I saw the other night.

Bama - depends on the UGA game.  If Auburn beats Georgia I’m going to say beatable.  If Auburn doesn’t look great against UGA I don’t know that they fair well here either.

Bo is hasn’t played great but hasn’t played like a freshman yet either.  I worry that’s gonna come eventually and cost Auburn a win somewhere on this schedule.

Georgia is a well balanced team to me. Going to disagree on that front 

LSUs defense leaves a lot to be desired. Also they haven’t played an average defense yet. Look at the defenses they’ve faced

total defense:

Georgia Southern- 50th (only because they’ve had one less game) 

Texas- 110th 

Northwestern State- 37th in the FCS

Vandy- 102 

A lot of people are talking about Bama's run game not being good, but I think that might be misleading. It's not that they can't run the ball, they just aren't running it as much. When you have a QB like Tua, you work with his strengths and he's been stellar in the short passing game. Later in the season when they need to start pounding the ball against better defenses, their RBs will be fresh and unlikely to be banged up. I don't think they have the depth that they have the last few seasons, but Najee Harris alone is dangerous.

As for our chances for shutting down the offenses of LSU and/or Bama - it's going to come down to individual performances. Better to play Bama in man coverage and force their timing off, and to that I think we can manage. But LSU attacks the middle and so far I'm not 100% certain our LBs are up to the task. Then again, the lack of passes in the middle of our defense might be because they ARE doing well in coverage. So I don't know. I hope we can do it, especially against LSU because I want to make Burrow regret his cocky attitude after we let them come back last year. lol

Not to discredit LSUs offense,  but aside from Texas they have played absolutely no one that even resembles any type of team to offer resistance. I'm also not even sure Texas is a team to mention as resistance,  we will see. As stated, LSU'S defense leaves alot to be desired. That said, if our offense doesn't turn the corner then that matchup will be a wash in death valley IMO. As far as the turds go that's a whole different thing. It's a home game and Tua has shown he can be rattled. Their defense has some holes, but can we exploit them is the question. Their WRs terrify me, but our secondary is making strides of improvement as well. Gus has shown flashes of things this year that were very successful against the turds in years past. Will Gus go back or evolve into the Mad Scientist he was before? That is the question. 

Getting too far ahead on any predictions. Let’s just win Saturday and then predict the next week and so on...

5 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

Not to discredit LSUs offense,  but aside from Texas they have played absolutely no one that even resembles any type of team to offer resistance. I'm also not even sure Texas is a team to mention as resistance,  we will see. As stated, LSU'S defense leaves alot to be desired. That said, if our offense doesn't turn the corner then that matchup will be a wash in death valley IMO. As far as the turds go that's a whole different thing. It's a home game and Tua has shown he can be rattled. Their defense has some holes, but can we exploit them is the question. Their WRs terrify me, but our secondary is making strides of improvement as well. Gus has shown flashes of things this year that were very successful against the turds in years past. Will Gus go back or evolve into the Mad Scientist he was before? That is the question. 

Their Offense has looked invincible, but I agree with you. I will hold out on judgement from them or Uat as well until I see a little stiffer competition.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Georgia is a well balanced team to me. Going to disagree on that front 

I agree they are well balanced but as we saw against ND that doesn’t mean the coaches are going to use them correctly.  The key will be slowing down Swift and making Fromm win the game.  Fromm is very capable but we’ve seen him crumble in big moments.  Still way out but I feel a lot better after watching the ND game.  Florida and maybe Missouri will be only other teams that might test them.  

2 hours ago, Tiger said:

Burrow is damn good and their WRs are scary good. Plus they will be confident against us because we never beat them no matter how big we get up on them. We are going to need Bo Nix to hit on everything in that game to keep up with their O IMO

Au will need perfection and some lucky bounces to beat the tigers . Bold prediction AU beats LSU in BR 

2 hours ago, Barnacle said:

What's your definition of dominate?

just enough to win.

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

just enough to win.

Well if that's what you meant, then absolutely they have a chance to dominate LSU's offense. No doubt in my mind that we can win that football game. We are going to have to put pressure on Burrows to do it thought. We couldn't put any pressure on him last year, and we paid for it. 

4 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Well if that's what you meant, then absolutely they have a chance to dominate LSU's offense. No doubt in my mind that we can win that football game. We are going to have to put pressure on Burrows to do it thought. We couldn't put any pressure on him last year, and we paid for it. 

thanx barnacle. dominate was the wrong word to use. as for everyone else i  am not counting anything or that type of thing i just wanted folks opinion on things after four games. i never take anything for granted but the more info i have the better conclusions i can make and nothing more.......

I am not one of those “more knowledgeable guys”, but I haven’t seen anything that makes me think we have a good chance to beat uga, bama, or LSU YET!  Let’s hope we continue to improve every week, and then we’ll see what happens when that time comes.  

• WarTiger changed the title to looking forward
1 hour ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I am not one of those “more knowledgeable guys”, but I haven’t seen anything that makes me think we have a good chance to beat uga, bama, or LSU YET!  Let’s hope we continue to improve every week, and then we’ll see what happens when that time comes.  

i think the turds are down on d this year. they seem to have no running game either. so i think we have a great chance if we can outscore them. but my god at their receivers...............

Archived