thread for the gus critics

aubiefifty

I think you knew coming in that Bo wasn't the best when it comes to throwing as far as your QBs going. I assumed with him winning the job that the offense would be tailored to that. The guy looked fantastic up to 15 yards in the spring game, Gus is gonna have to get past his over the middle phobia if Bo is gonna ever get good 

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, slipadeedoodah said:

We at the Gus haters club would like to complain about some bad play calls by Gus.

We’re still wondering why we don’t have offers for CFB coaching positions since we clearly understand football so well.

Uh, ummmm...eh...I,...ummm....yeah...

0A1F176F-BD39-4550-887C-03BCC858D6A4.png

2 minutes ago, slipadeedoodah said:

We at the Gus haters club would like to complain about some bad play calls by Gus.

We’re still wondering why we don’t have offers for CFB coaching positions since we clearly understand football so well.

And anyone that thinks this is the same Gus of the previous four years your dreaming. Gus is better, don’t know if it was from nearly getting fired or if he finally realized that he had swayed away from his path . Either way I’m glad, the team is glad and the fans are glad and I’m quite sure AG and the PTBs are thrilled $$$$😁

5 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

I tell ya what man. If bama loses 3 games I will mail you a gift card to a restaurant of your choice...And believe me, I hope I have to pay up!

But I did say two or three do I get chick Fil e , if they lose two 😂🤣

5 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

And anyone that thinks this is the same Gus of the previous four years your dreaming. Gus is better, don’t know if it was from nearly getting fired or if he finally realized that he had swayed away from his path . Either way I’m glad, the team is glad and the fans are glad and I’m quite sure AG and the PTBs are thrilled $$$$😁

I agree. I hope he continues to evolve and grow. Yesterday was a nice step in the right direction.

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I promise at this point I’m more afraid of LSU as to uat or uga. . I think they got a complete team over there. And uat is one hit away from Tua going down and they are done.

I kinda agree. Death Valley hasn’t been kind to us. Bama’s D has definitely shown signs of struggles. I just dont think A&M’s offense is all that good. Bama will score on them. 

I hope you’re  right though! Would love to see the bama meltdown!

Just now, bigbird said:

I agree. I hope he continues to evolve and grow. Yesterday was a nice step in the right direction.

Like I said he is actually is calling again like an OC instead of a paranoid HC interrupting. I was impressed with a lot I saw yesterday in play calling. Nick will start having nightmares again 😂

9 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

I kinda agree. Death Valley hasn’t been kind to us. Bama’s D has definitely shown signs of struggles. I just dont think A&M’s offense is all that good. Bama will score on them. 

I hope you’re  right though! Would love to see the bama meltdown!

Their d has been awful against the pass. The freshman QB at SC lit  them up for 300’yards. I thought he must have been good but he hasn’t done that well against others. And it was early in the game against their first string. Mond did well

against is but our run defense may be the best in the country so they passed down to the goal line but couldn’t run it in.

4 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Like I said he is actually is calling again like an OC instead of a paranoid HC interrupting. I was impressed with a lot I saw yesterday in play calling. Nick will start having nightmares again 😂

I would like to see fewer "trick" plays especially on 1st down but him breaking tendencies and predictability yesterday in the run game was great to see and will pay off in the long run. I hope he continues to grow in that regard

• WarTiger changed the title to thread for the gus critics
28 minutes ago, slipadeedoodah said:

Glad to see you back Coach Dubose.  Been wondering what took you so long.   

23 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I promise at this point I’m more afraid of LSU as to uat or uga. . I think they got a complete team over there. And uat is one hit away from Tua going down and they are done.

Heard the announcer mention during the uga-nd game that Fromm's backup is... a walk-on. That would scare the crud out of me, too. But fortunately, I'm not a dawg fan.

I REALLY thought that we would get beat. 

Gus had the guys ready to go from the start. 

Have to give him credit. 

Our offense overall is still concerning. The OL did a decent job last night. Nix did some good things but is VERY MUCH still a work in progress. The continued lack of RB rotation is very concerning.

But we are 4-0. 

Not bad when I thought we could just as easily start 2-4 as 6-0. 

So while there is plenty to still be concerned about, there is also plenty to be excited about so far.

6 hours ago, bigbird said:

I really hated the shirt Gus wore yesterday. 

My wife said that she hated that shirt at least 3 times, lol. 

8 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

here it is guys. get it off your chest right here. some on the pro gus side want to post without all the anti gus stuff. so lets make this thread for those who want to vent. fair is fair right?

We already have threads like this in pretty much every thread that has "Gus" in the title & many that don't. Don't see the point in the formality of this thread.

46 minutes ago, ellitor said:

We already have threads like this in pretty much every thread that has "Gus" in the title & many that don't. Don't see the point in the formality of this thread.

Come on Ellitor take a deep breath and exhale. Everybody is just trying to enjoy the moment. Seems like it’s been ages since we have had this good of a start in football. Life is good for a while at AU. Football only complex coming. FB 4-0 to start, MBB coming off a final four and looks poised to continue. MBaseball contending again.Softball is good I think they will make a run this year. Equestrian coming off national champ. Both golf teams doing well.life is good at AU let’s enjoy it we dang sure deserve it.😁 

Ps  left out WBB and Gymnastics both looking good. T&F , the band is superb and the eagles are flying like the should be 

I am not a Gus hater, but I am one that deeply believes he should be at a lower division school, and his hire was incredibly nepotistic. One game does not wipe a whole body of seven years work away.  The university hired him to bring a high powered offensive brand to Auburn, and he hasn't delivered.  Actually, he has done a very poor job in recruiting, roster management, coaching and player development, and only seems to get the message that he is doing poorly when he might lose his job.  Any other school would have fired him three years ago, but Auburn's leadership is pretty weak.

That being said, I was pleasantly surprised at the outcome and the game plan and offensive play calling yesterday.  But the Statue of Liberty play, and it's aftermath, is criminally negligent. That particular play does not work, takes too long to develop, gets blown up every time., and leads to offensive stagnation. There comes a time when  an intelligent man would see the folly and try something else, but not Gus.

That is why I am not willing to give him the benefit that he has turned the corner.  But I will hope he will.  He has to prove that to me.

I will support the team and Auburn, even tho I graduated from a different school.  I hope that this group of young men find success, and that Gus turns it around and brings great success to the Plains.

4 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

So is LSU lol. Brennan isn’t even as good at Taulia or the other guy. LSU’s defense has looked outright horrible this year. I’d take Bama’s slightly worse offense and seemingly far better defense (and Saban) as the bigger challenge, even though I think LSU has done more to start this season 

9 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

So is LSU lol. Brennan isn’t even as good at Taulia or the other guy. LSU’s defense has looked outright horrible this year. I’d take Bama’s slightly worse offense and seemingly far better defense (and Saban) as the bigger challenge, even though I think LSU has done more to start this season 

Far better defense pardon me. The freshman USCe QB got freshman player of the week in the SEC for torch uat’s defense. They’ve played four powder puffs and given up plenty 

by the way I went back and looked at USCe and in three div 1 games they have lost all 3 but the 390 yards against Bama was more than a hundred yards better than the other two that beat them NC for one so no uat is not very good in defense this year and you stop Tua they are done. On good way to do that is with heights Tua is not tall that’s why he has to move around . I heard the announcers say his brother is like 5’10”. 

Archived