Marlon Davidson wins SEC honors second week in a row

aubiefifty

Marlon Davidson wins SEC honors second week in a row

Posted Sep 16, 2019

By Giana Han

After getting the sacks he wanted so badly, Marlon Davidson was named the SEC defensive lineman of the week for the second time in a row.

Davidson first won it for his efforts in the 24-6 win over Tulane. He had six tackles, including two tackles for loss, but he expressed disappointment that he wasn’t able to get to the quarterback for a sack. After winning the honor against Tulane, Davidson said it was his best performance of the season. He had even more stats against Kent State.

Auburn recorded five sacks against Kent State with Davidson’s 2.5 sacks for a loss of seven yards leading the way.

Davidson also recorded six tackles, including 2.5 tackles for loss. He now ranks second in the SEC in tackles for losses (4.5), and he’s tied for third in sacks (2.5). Davidson had the second-most tackles on the team behind Jeremiah Dinson’s eight, and he has the third-most for the season with 14.

Along with Davidson, Auburn’s defense held Kent State to 2.9 yards per rush and 92 rushing yards, which is the least Kent State has rushed for this season.

“It was crazy,” Davidson said on Tuesday after being named to the weekly honors following the Tulane game. “I felt like a little kid getting good news again. I mean, just a great honor to be represented like that. Just, good to know that everybody sees my talent.”

Archived