I don't think the Board Understands

AUght2win

55 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

I am beginning to question this.

I thought they adjusted and played pretty well second half.

Hey, you get to question away for two more weeks.  After that it will be answers one way or another.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, jAUSon said:

Considering the way Bo can scramble around and buy time in a melted-down backfield, I wonder if the receivers are being trained to break off and keep working to get open, like they used to do at aTm for Manzel. I'm not sharp enough to see the whole field in real-time, but I did see Bo continue checking the field while running for his life. I bet he can get the ball out on a broken play.

I thought that pass to Sal was a good indication that they started to do exactly that.  Sal looked like he was actually trying to come back towards the ball but was being pulled backwards by the defender.  Even Fowler and Herbstreit thought that could have been DPI.  Hopefully as the chemistry builds things like this develop.

2 hours ago, McFU said:

Sal looked like he was actually trying to come back towards the ball but was being pulled backwards by the defender.

Why does our 6' 5" receiver get abused by their short DB and our short DB gets abused by their 6' 6" receiver?

On 9/1/2019 at 8:18 AM, dyehardfanAU said:

It was a great win but Nix has a long way to go.  41% completions for 177 yards and 2 INT.  

Look at the improvement from half to half. I think the next two weeks will be huge for him. 

2 hours ago, oracle79 said:

Why does our 6' 5" receiver get abused by their short DB and our short DB gets abused by their 6' 6" receiver?

Boy, between you & that Brannigan character.... What y'all got against how tall or short a guy is?

:tease:

5 hours ago, McFU said:

I thought that pass to Sal was a good indication that they started to do exactly that.  Sal looked like he was actually trying to come back towards the ball but was being pulled backwards by the defender.  Even Fowler and Herbstreit thought that could have been DPI.  Hopefully as the chemistry builds things like this develop.

I thought that too, even on his pick (that was going to sal) it seemed like that may have been part of the game plan, to under throw and let our bigger wr’s work back and use their body.

On 9/1/2019 at 9:18 AM, AuCivilEng1 said:

Yea and that sad. How hard is it to throw in a slant, or drag, when drawing up plays? The day we trot out a game plan that includes those kind of passes, along with the ones we do, we are gonna be amazing.

The day we do that will be the day that we use a playbook that doesn't belong to Gus.

10 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Boy, between you & that Brannigan character.... What y'all got against how tall or short a guy is?

:tease:

Y'all don't make me go pull up Randy Newman's 70's classic insult classic, "Short People."  Already posted it and pulled it down once.  :yay:  (Tora is 5 ft. 3 inches...)

10 hours ago, RHN1975 said:

Look at the improvement from half to half. I think the next two weeks will be huge for him. 

How many incompletions were Good decisions to throw the ball away...I know more than 5 at least.

Archived