young linebackers against Oregon

aubiefifty

Just now, boisnumber1 said:

Im really anxious to see our speed at LB and how these guys develop.

yes. i was shocked how slow our guys were...............the upgrade this year is as big to me as the the upgrade we hope we have with bo. and i am not dissin bo at all. i watch some game film study and it was pointed out in a couple of film studies or analysis how slow we were. and not blasting our kids. but i tell ya what you gus and company are making huge upgrades in speed and i think that is huge going forward. after this season if we shore up both our lines i look for us to be much harder to beat.

I really like Britt a lot, and OP is, as said earlier “born different”, but the concern is that youth/inexperience + speed/athleticism = overrunning/overpursuing plays.  

The hope is that those are few and far between and don’t hurt us too badly.  

I’m very confident that TWill will have his guys game ready. 

Every time we play a young linebacker I think about Darrel Crawford. He was a great LB for us . But I remember when he was first getting on the field he was crushed by a Tennessee runningback. You could tell he was thinking in that game instead of reacting.  They might not look as fast early in the season as they will after getting experience.

Archived