Florida vs Miami - Who do you like?

gr82b4au

9 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

I never thought much of Diaz as a DC and I for reasons I can't explain think he is about to become a modern illustration of the Peter Principle.  I think he flops as a HC and I think it starts with this game.  

He very well could be a chizik-like HC compared to his DC ability. I enjoyed his defenses.

On 8/22/2019 at 3:33 PM, Mikey said:

I'm pulling for the 'Canes. I don't know enough about either to make a prediction, but I do despise Mullen. Besides which, I grew up in Miami and was a Hurricane fan until I came to school at Auburn.

holy cow..................lol. you were part of thug nation? i hear ya mikey. no slight intended just shocked..............rock on!

4 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

holy cow..................lol. you were part of thug nation? i hear ya mikey. no slight intended just shocked..............rock on!

That was long before Thug Nation. I have a game program from those days of Miami football. The lineman averaged around 185 pounds and the heaviest guy on the team was a tackle at 207. 2nd biggest was future NFL fullback Bossler at 200.

54 minutes ago, Mikey said:

That was long before Thug Nation. I have a game program from those days of Miami football. The lineman averaged around 185 pounds and the heaviest guy on the team was a tackle at 207. 2nd biggest was future NFL fullback Bossler at 200.

Different era....but now?   I really wanted to pull for Miami against Mullen but just could not make myself do it.   So other than a 0-0 tie, a game where both teams looked like crap was probably the best outcome I could hope for. 😁

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

there is a great book out about miami mikey.  m irving was standing inline to get his hair cut and a senior player jumped line and he stabbed him in the neck. anyway i am serious about it being a great book. some of those cats said they had no money to eat on in those days i guess in te off season so they would steal stereo's to eat. it sounds like i am trolling but if i can remember the name of the book i will tell you. i could not put it down. and odd as it sounds it made me a miami fan of sorts................you want me to look it up for you? i bet the book used is only a couple of bucks on amazon.

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Did you run into Doc Holiday.......I know he was from Georgia just figured the dusty trail may have carried him your way😁.......geez tough crowd......sorrry Mikey been sick and been sipping Sizzurp.

5 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

.you want me to look it up for you? i bet the book used is only a couple of bucks on amazon.

Yeah man! If you find the book's title post it here. I'd like to read it.

Archived