Fall Camp: Day 5 Observations (8/6)

Auburn Kev

Just now, Barnacle said:

I don't know about Jimbo Fisher. I'm just saying that until Gus puts out a more consistent product at the QB position, people are naturally going to question his judgment in how he handles the quarterbacks. 

Oh I agree with that 100 percent. That is human nature, just pointing out if you cite Gus for doing something and question him, but then cite Bill Walsh for doing the same thing, but you have a different outlook on it, that is kind of bizarre.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Sizzle said:

... because the games will be uncomfortable. 

I find the games VERY comfortable. 

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

I find the games VERY comfortable. 

giphy.gif

Throw in some more food options and that is EXACTLY how I want to watch every single game. 

Just now, McLoofus said:

Throw in some more food options and that is EXACTLY how I want to watch every single game. 

Kibble & a water bowl.  ...COMING UP!

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

Oh I agree with that 100 percent. That is human nature, just pointing out if you cite Gus for doing something and question him, but then cite Bill Walsh for doing the same thing, but you have a different outlook on it, that is kind of bizarre

But I'm not questioning him. And what about Bill Walsh?? Haha

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

But I'm not questioning him. And what about Bill Walsh?? Haha

My point is there are people here who are Super agenda driven . And I am not saying you , but some of you guys just accept it. Gus has a lot to prove this year , but I honestly think even if he does have a quality season , that will not be enough for some of you . Like the guy you are chatting up with is very hypocritical right now. Super hypocritical mind you . 

50 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Oh, I get all that. Just seems that you can do that while going live in a scrimmage so that Joey's passing and Bo's command/control/knowledge can be evaluated in more game-like situations. 

Also, I wouldn't care in the least if we typically had good QB play under Gus. 

What part  of  "Offensive Genius" do you not understand?

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Where were you last night when I was trying to say this?

He has his own football players to coach so he was probably resting so he & his boys can have a good early practice before the Texas heat got unbearable.

43 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Oh, I get all that. Just seems that you can do that while going live in a scrimmage so that Joey's passing and Bo's command/control/knowledge can be evaluated in more game-like situations. 

Also, I wouldn't care in the least if we typically had good QB play under Gus. 

Except, if JG's first instinct when option #1 is not there is to tuck and run, then not allowing them to run would force him to work the passing game

To me, QBs should be live once a week.

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

My point is there are people here who are Super agenda driven . And I am not saying you , but some of you guys just accept it. Gus has a lot to prove this year , but I honestly think even if he does have a quality season , that will not be enough for some of you . Like the guy you are chatting up with is very hypocritical right now. Super hypocritical mind you . 

Man I don't know what you are talking about, or why you chose to quote me to get your point across. I just said it's unfortunate that Gus will always have his QB decisions questioned. As in, it's unfortunate because he may actually be making the best decisions right now.

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Man I don't know what you are talking about, or why you chose to quote me to get your point across. I just said it's unfortunate that Gus will always have his QB decisions questioned. As in, it's unfortunate because he may actually be making the best decisions right now.

You are a smart guy. But this is true. 

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Except, if JG's first instinct when option #1 is not there is to tuck and run, then not allowing them to run would force him to work the passing game

To me, QBs should be live once a week.

Ah. Okay. So we're actually saying the same thing... I think...

I am under the impression that Gus has said these guys aren't going to go live at all, and that is what I am arguing against. If Gus didn't say that and these guys are going to go live some, then I have no beef with anything. 

I am definitely *not* saying that there shouldn't be situationals, drills, whatever to work on certain things. 

Of course, maybe you're just saying that they should only go live on Saturdays once the season starts, in which case let's go back to arguing. 

Image result for put up your dukes gif

6 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

And you do not feel that is warranted? 

1 minute ago, ToomersStreet said:

And you do not feel that is warranted? 

Let the man be neutral! 

Just now, ToomersStreet said:

touche

I appreciate your enthusiasm and I do think Gus has warranted criticism and does deserve to earn the benefit of a doubt btw. However, I don’t think he should be critiqued unfairly either. I hope you would agree to this as well. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I appreciate your enthusiasm and I do think Gus has warranted criticism and does deserve to earn the benefit of a doubt btw. However, I don’t think he should be critiqued unfairly either. I hope you would agree to this as well. 

I agree.   However, his ability to develop as quarterback out of high school should be strongly questioned right now.  As far as I am concerned if Bo Nix  becomes the starter and succeeds I will believe Patrick Nix will have had far more to do  with that than  Gus.  Joey Gatewoods father isn't a former college QB much less an NFL veteran who coached and developed  his son for three years of high school football.  So I know if Nix does well all the Gus supporters  are going to try and use that to erase Kiel Frazier, Jeremy Johnson, JF3, Woody Barrett, Tyler Queen, the fact that Nick Marshal showed zero improvement in year two and Jarrett regressed in year two.  Sean Whites parents spent thousands on a private coach for several years before he got to Auburn.

2 minutes ago, ToomersStreet said:

I agree.   However, his ability to develop as quarterback out of high school should be strongly questioned right now.  As far as I am concerned if Bo Nix  becomes the starter and succeeds I will believe Patrick Nix will have had far more to do  with that than  Gus.  Joey Gatewoods father isn't a former college QB much less an NFL veteran who coached and developed  his son for three years of high school football.  So I know if Nix does well all the Gus supporters  are going to try and use that to erase Kiel Frazier, Jeremy Johnson, JF3, Woody Barrett, Tyler Queen, the fact that Nick Marshal showed zero improvement in year two and Jarrett regressed in year two.  Sean Whites parents spent thousands on a private coach for several years before he got to Auburn.

I agree with most of this. I just hope that it isn’t a Gus supporter movement vs anti- Gus movement. How about what is best for Auburn. To me, who care who gets the credit as long as we are winning and guys are succeeding and making their dream come true. That’s all I really want. For all my concern, coach dilly can get the credit. You can’t erase proven data and you shouldn’t create false narratives and that has been happening a lot lately.

24 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He has his own football players to coach so he was probably resting so he & his boys can have a good early practice before the Texas heat got unbearable.

Yeah those 7th graders need to stay out of that Texas heat

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I agree with most of this. I just hope that it isn’t a Gus supporter movement vs anti- Gus movement. How about what is best for Auburn. To me, who care who gets the credit as long as we are winning and guys are succeeding and making their dream come true. That’s all I really want. 

Because that is unsustainable and leads to inconsistency which has been the definition of Gus Malzahns time as our HC

Because that is unsustainable and leads to inconsistency which has been the definition of Gus Malzahns time as our HC

Well let’s both hope this season proves to give Auburn a clear answer . I think that’s all we can really hopeful as fans. The uncertainty is a little unsettling but at the same time exciting for me. On another note , one of my Arkansas friends called me and said he thinks Arkansas can get 5 wins this year and was beaming with excitement . Now that is depressing. 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Well let’s both hope this season proves to give Auburn a clear answer . I think that’s all we can really hopeful as fans. The uncertainty is a little unsettling but at the same time exciting for me. On another note , one of my Arkansas friends called me and said he thinks Arkansas can get 5 wins this year and was beaming with excitement . Now that is depressing. 

In June I read where an Arkansas beat writer predicted six wins to include a victory over Auburn............................................. I gues we can all dream

In June I read where an Arkansas beat writer predicted six wins to include a victory over Auburn............................................. I gues we can all dream

That guy is on drugs. I couldn’t imagine my mindset right now when 6 wins is considered a pipe dream among the fan base. 

Archived