Gus Malzahn: Football Dad

aubiefifty

Anybody else get tired of listening to all the old music?...it's old, it's been done.  Give me something new, even if it's garbage...its new garbage that I haven't heard before.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Anybody else get tired of listening to all the old music?...it's old, it's been done.  Give me something new, even if it's garbage...its new garbage that I haven't heard before.

I'm only tired of old people talking about old music. Just kidding.

I still love a lot of old music but I'm always looking for new music, too. Thank goodness people are still making it. Could you imagine if they stopped? Yeesh. That's one dystopian nightmare I would not want to be part of. 

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I still love a lot of old music but I'm always looking for new music, too. Thank goodness people are still making it. Could you imagine if they stopped? Yeesh. That's one dystopian nightmare I would not want to be part of. 

No doubt, but I'm still discovering "new" old music all the time. 

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

No doubt, but I'm still discovering "new" old music all the time. 

ALL the time. Many genres. 

I actually still listen to terrestrial independent/college radio and use Shazam. From just the other day. Freaking bad ass.

Just now, McLoofus said:

ALL the time. Many genres. 

I actually still listen to terrestrial independent/college radio and use Shazam. From just the other day. Freaking bad ass.

How do you access those radio stations? We don't have anything like that here.

22 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

How do you access those radio stations? We don't have anything like that here.

Really? No university station or weird public non-NPR station? Even Montgomery has the Alabama State station that will play a lot of old jazz, blues, new underground hip hop, etc. I pull Savannah State's station and one locally-owned station out of Savannah. Macon has one called the River, I think, 100.9 or something like that. 

You can always stream WWOZ out of New Orleans. We stream that out of TuneIn via Alexa/Echo all the time. 

30 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Tiger Sue.....you hardly post in the sports forums

Here I am sweety. Sorry I couldn't resist. Now have a good laugh at my expense;)

55 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Really? No university station or weird public non-NPR station? Even Montgomery has the Alabama State station that will play a lot of old jazz, blues, new underground hip hop, etc. I pull Savannah State's station and one locally-owned station out of Savannah. Macon has one called the River, I think, 100.9 or something like that. 

You can always stream WWOZ out of New Orleans. We stream that out of TuneIn via Alexa/Echo all the time. 

Okay, apparently we have a couple, and I've never noticed. When I was at Ole Miss you could sign up to take over the radio for an hour on certain nights of the week and play whatever you wanted. Wish we had something like that here. Great way to get introduced to some music you've never listened to before. 

16 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Okay, apparently we have a couple, and I've never noticed. When I was at Ole Miss you could sign up to take over the radio for an hour on certain nights of the week and play whatever you wanted. Wish we had something like that here. Great way to get introduced to some music you've never listened to before. 

Talk to Dickey Scruggs maybe he can help😁..........ok that was a bad joke from an attorney and Ole Miss view....sorry.

21 hours ago, McLoofus said:
22 hours ago, AUDevil said:

I hear ya!

My problem is that I'm very much "old dad" now...  I used to be surrounded by new music and even prided myself on being "in the know" about underground music and would often break out new discoveries at parties, etc.  I heard of White Zombie when they were still underground and introduced them, so to speak, to my crew.  I've mentioned before that I met REM in person, right after they hit it big. They didn't realize they had made it yet and still considered themselves a college band (if that makes sense) as they were still jamming at that delapidated old shack in Athens and my girlfriend's (at the time) brother was friends with Mike Mills.

Unfortunately, I just don't have the time to devote to scrounging through the modern garbage to find those gems anymore.  SW FLA radio sucks, so for me, even unique, underground music is 20+ years old.

But I don't begrudge anybody their entertainment 🙂

23 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I hear ya!

My problem is that I'm very much "old dad" now...  I used to be surrounded by new music and even prided myself on being "in the know" about underground music and would often break out new discoveries at parties, etc.  I heard of White Zombie when they were still underground and introduced them, so to speak, to my crew.  I've mentioned before that I met REM in person, right after they hit it big. They didn't realize they had made it yet and still considered themselves a college band (if that makes sense) as they were still jamming at that delapidated old shack in Athens and my girlfriend's (at the time) brother was friends with Mike Mills.

Unfortunately, I just don't have the time to devote to scrounging through the modern garbage to find those gems anymore.  SW FLA radio sucks, so for me, even unique, underground music is 20+ years old.

Amen to all of that.

Is going from Cool Dad to Old Dad part of male menopause? Because I'm going through The Change myself. :(

22 hours ago, AUDevil said:

They add a few new ones each year.  I was floored two years ago when they played "Purple Lamborghini" by Rick Ross for the Three and Out video.  Love that song, but you have to really be in that genre to know about it.  And no, mumble rap does not count.  :laugh:

13 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Amen to all of that.

Is going from Cool Dad to Old Dad part of male menopause? Because I'm going through The Change myself. :(

Yessir, I think you're right.

When you go from "Oh, I'm so tired of AC/DC....get a life" to "MAN, I sure could use some For Those About To Rock right now".... you might be in male menopause.

When suddenly you notice that you're checking out the MOMS instead of the daughters...you might be in male menopause.

When you went your whole life with people cutting your hair saying "your hair is so thick" to suddenly saying "the sides of your hair are so thick".....you might be in male menopause.

But, hey I've got cancer, so at least I've got THAT going for me! 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

36 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I hear ya!

I remember WEGL playing REM before they hit big time. 

Check out Badfinger - Raspberries-Great music. Seldom heard anymore. 

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

Yessir, I think you're right.

When you go from "Oh, I'm so tired of AC/DC....get a life" to "MAN, I sure could use some For Those About To Rock right now".... you might be in male menopause.

When suddenly you notice that you're checking out the MOMS instead of the daughters...you might be in male menopause.

When you went your whole life with people cutting your hair saying "your hair is so thick" to suddenly saying "the sides of your hair are so thick".....you might be in male menopause.

But, hey I've got cancer, so at least I've got THAT going for me! 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Sounds like a new Jeff Foxworthy bit.

32 minutes ago, WarTim said:

Check out Badfinger - Raspberries-Great music. Seldom heard anymore. 

I got on a Badfinger kick about a year ago.  Then a British prog rock kick. Then an early Chicago kick (Terry Kath was a guitar god).  Then an early America kick....

1 hour ago, triangletiger said:

I got on a Badfinger kick about a year ago.  Then a British prog rock kick. Then an early Chicago kick (Terry Kath was a guitar god).  Then an early America kick....

Go back to where it started. Gene Vincent-Buddy Holly-Chuck Berry-Amazing stuff. 

The Beatles would not have been without Buddy. He died @23 and his music is STILL on radio Today. 

Sorry. Almost forgot Eddie Cochran 

Archived