Gus Malzahn: Football Dad

aubiefifty

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, cctiger said:

'One Toke Over The Line' ruined a few of my friends....

Lolol that's funny but you somehow quoted me with @AUght2win's words.

not addressing you here but just to be clear I don't think the song is good but my main point was the lyrics are just meant to be entertainment just like shows, movies, video games, etc. 

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Do you blame video games and R rated movies as the cause of school shootings?

I wouldn't put someone with his criminal record around my program or kids (if I had any) either but merely listening to music isn't the same as what Mullen is doing.

The unfortunate circumstances causing the young men to live such lives came long before any music in this genre was ever created. The art is a mouthpiece for the life in this scenario, not the other way around IMO.

We can agree to disagree though as this is going to turn this thread into something it wasn't intended to be.

No, that's incorrect. Look up the stats on the black fatherhood crisis. All kids are blank slates, and search for influences early in life. Young men without dads are going to look for male role models. Rappers like Kodak, coming from the same type of background, are extremely influential. They set the benchmark for masculinity as being drugs/murder, and kids are emulating that. Google the Tay-K trial if you don't believe me. 

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Really? Like, dudes that had decent parenting and other positive things in their lives? They were ruined by music?

See my previous post. Modern Day Hip Hop + Black Fatherhood Crisis is a cocktail for disaster. A lot of young men are emulating these rappers because they are the coolest/only male role models available to a lot of kids.

I do like the beat of the music, but not the lyrics. Well, to be totally honest, I can't understand but about a quarter of what he's saying. 1.) I've lost a little of my hearing with age and the number of loud concerts I attended in the '70s and '80s. 2.) I don't know the vernacular. 3.) He only enunciates a third of each word. Where are the ending sounds?  I bet Gus doesn't know what he's saying either. I bet if he knew the language in some of this music, he'd be shocked!!!🙉

Good ole' Papa Gus. Gotta love him!

1 hour ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I do like the beat of the music, but not the lyrics. Well, to be totally honest, I can't understand but about a quarter of what he's saying. 1.) I've lost a little of my hearing with age and the number of loud concerts I attended in the '70s and '80s. 2.) I don't know the vernacular. 3.) He only enunciates a third of each word. Where are the ending sounds?  I bet Gus doesn't know what he's saying either. I bet if he knew the language in some of this music, he'd be shocked!!!🙉

Good ole' Papa Gus. Gotta love him!

If Gus starts rapping these lyrics in the weight room he will be fired with cause on CNN live. 

3 hours ago, AUght2win said:

No, that's incorrect. Look up the stats on the black fatherhood crisis. All kids are blank slates, and search for influences early in life. Young men without dads are going to look for male role models. Rappers like Kodak, coming from the same type of background, are extremely influential. They set the benchmark for masculinity as being drugs/murder, and kids are emulating that. Google the Tay-K trial if you don't believe me. 

The “absent black father” thing is a myth. You can look it up yourself. Black fathers are just as present as any other race and Rappers don’t set any benchmark for masculinity. Don’t speak on things you don’t know. This thread is getting way off topic now and this kind of stuff shouldn’t be discussed anyway 

47 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

The “absent black father” thing is a myth. You can look it up yourself. Black fathers are just as present as any other race and Rappers don’t set any benchmark for masculinity. Don’t speak on things you don’t know. This thread is getting way off topic now and this kind of stuff shouldn’t be discussed anyway 

Your last sentence is spot on. 

55 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Generalizations and ignorance, tbh.

9 hours ago, Sizzle said:

I could respect the "this shouldn't be discussed here" point if it wasn't at the tail end of you discussing the topic.

Just literally look up the CDC numbers. I will leave it at that and shut up. I do apologize for getting that deep but it is something I do really care about. I have seen it affect a lot of loved ones. The fact guys like Kodak are huge influencers, promote violence/drugs, and then are treated like heroes. I just don't get it.

Screen-Shot-2018-11-26-at-1.25.41-PM.jpeg

21 hours ago, gr82be said:

That's comforting to know seeing the way some posters go back and forth on this site. :)

Some will "go back and forth" on just about any subject...can take either side of an issue....just to be argumentative....

Don't think Gus endorsed the guy....just happened to recognize the music which probably plays in the locker room.. likely not on his MP3 

These images and their music shook some folks up too (no pun intended). It happens with every generation. My grandparents- Elvis, my parents - Kiss, Alice Cooper, etc. It makes me wonder what my grandkids will be facing. 

Screenshot_20190727-071332~2.png

PhotoGrid_1564230342958.jpg

43 minutes ago, gr82be said:

These images and their music shook some folks up too (no pun intended). It happens with every generation. My grandparents- Elvis, my parents - Kiss, Alice Cooper, etc. It makes me wonder what my grandkids will be facing. 

Screenshot_20190727-071332~2.png

PhotoGrid_1564230342958.jpg

Tipper Gore regrets that she wasn't there in time to stop these monsters!

I get where Aught is coming from. There are vulnerable populations that are looking to identify with something and negative influences can be dangerous for those people. It's probably the same recipe that leads to young men all over the world becoming radicalized in one way or another. You would love for them to be influenced by something positive instead but I'm not sure that there is any cure for every testosterone-filled young man that needs to assert control over something in his life. Other than good parenting, community, structure, purpose, etc. And I think that is ultimately the problem  in almost all of these cases. Like the kids that supposedly killed themselves because of Ozzy Osborne. Sorry, Mom and Dad, but that's not on Ozzy.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Tipper Gore regrets that she wasn't there in time to stop these monsters!

I get where Aught is coming from. There are vulnerable populations that are looking to identify with something and negative influences can be dangerous for those people. It's probably the same recipe that leads to young men all over the world becoming radicalized in one way or another. You would love for them to be influenced by something positive instead but I'm not sure that there is any cure for every testosterone-filled young man that needs to assert control over something in his life. Other than good parenting, community, structure, purpose, etc. And I think that is ultimately the problem  in almost all of these cases. Like the kids that supposedly killed themselves because of Ozzy Osborne. Sorry, Mom and Dad, but that's not on Ozzy.

Yep....where are the Platters, The Kingston Trio, Peter/Paul and Mary and Pete Seeger when you need them?     But the Eagles endure.....:).

As we move along on our tour of all things Auburn Family forum we stop by to see what is going on in a thread in the football forum..............

trty.gif

rte.gif

56 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

As we move along on our tour of all things Auburn Family forum we stop by to see what is going on in a thread in the football forum..............

trty.gif

rte.gif

Guilty as charged! This cracks me up. You will understand when you get older, ya young whippersnapper! :Sing:

Not my type of music......Of course my type of music is not for everybody......live and let live.........I bet 100.00 this guy wouldnt start an interveiw with saban quite like he started wth CGM.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

trty.gif

rte.gif

Sorry but your not in the vicinity of close with that pronunciation...😁

Screenshot_20190727-113624~2.png

5 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

trty.gif

rte.gif

*Actually has listened to rap entire life, was/still is a fan of actual storytellers (Kendrick, Outkast, etc.)

*Accused of being an old man by someone who probably knows nothing about modern day hip hop.

🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

11 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

*Actually has listened to rap entire life, was/still is a fan of actual storytellers (Kendrick, Outkast, etc.)

*Accused of being an old man by someone who probably knows nothing about modern day hip hop.

🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

tr45.gif

23 hours ago, AUght2win said:

i just read american ruin written by an ex UK cop. it is about detroit and all the gangs and crime and so many houses destroyed. no dads for the most part.the writer rode with detroit cops for a long time. you said exactly what the cop was pointing out by the way. it was heartbreaking to me. but rappers are making the attempt to reach the kids while most give them a pass.

31 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i just read american ruin written by an ex UK cop. it is about detroit and all the gangs and crime and so many houses destroyed. no dads for the most part.the writer rode with detroit cops for a long time. you said exactly what the cop was pointing out by the way. it was heartbreaking to me. but rappers are making the attempt to reach the kids while most give them a pass.

Well modern day rappers aren't exactly noble in that pursuit. The kids are their audience. Hip Hop is and always will be a young MAN'S game. They are poisoning the kids for profit, no care how it affects people. Give this track a listen.

https://youtu.be/dbWaqbkwZcI 

On 7/26/2019 at 10:16 AM, Tiger said:

lol dude it's just music

Apparently you were not raised on real music. Shows your youth. 

15 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

They are "attempting to reach kids" by glorifying shooting one's rivals??

I know some other group that is "attempting to reach the kids" - PEDOPHILES!

Bring on some football!! 

Archived