1,000-yard rusher streak snapped a blow to the OL

aubiefifty

24 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

I know it has been a while but  please go look at Tate's speed numbers.  That guy was way faster than BW.  Tate was very underrated.  For his size the guy could actually fly.  I believe he posted a 4.4 40 time at the combine.

I looked it up

5-11 220

40.5 Vertical
4.12 20 yard shuttle

That is pretty dang good.  I actually have felt like some of you until I went back and looked.

Mario Fannin was a stud athlete with a bad shoulder and a fumbling problem.  

Check this out

5-10 231 WOW!
4.38 40 WOW!

Top performer at the combine in the 40 and the vertical as a RB and weighing 231 pounds.  If and buts and all, but if that guy did not have the shoulder problems and could hold on to the ball he could have been a stud.

Tate would have been Arian Foster if not for injury. He was RB1 for the Texans ahead of Foster and then got hurt in camp. Foster went on to have a monster monster season.

Not sure what role Fannin would have had with the Broncos, but he would have had one also if not for injury. Got injured in camp two or three seasons in a row. Damned shame. 

Fingers crossed for Boobee. I haven't seen anything yet to suggest that he can or can't be in the conversation with Tate or CAP. Tate was one of the top RBs in the country out of high school. Best in the history of the state of MD, IIRC. CAP was the #1 JUCO RB in the country. Boobee's definitely not on that level yet, no way. But could he be? Sure! Hell of a position coach to show him how, that's for sure. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I gotta think conditioning will help Whitlow with the injuries, but time will tell.

On 7/24/2019 at 2:02 PM, McLoofus said:

It will be interesting to see how much of it has been a Gus thing and how much of it was a Horton thing. Dilly has evidently gotten Gus's attention where others have failed, and who knows what role Caddy will play in those decisions. 

Agreed that people will be clamoring for whatever isn't happening. They were clamoring for CAP even while the entire league was getting run da hell over by Tre Mason. Glad somebody mentioned Ben Tate because people kept saying that Mario Fannin should have been taking his carries. Auburn fans can say some crazy things, considering they claim the RBU title. 

Not sure where Worm is right now- track shape vs football shape and all- but @Momma Worm might know. All I know is that he's gotten up to at least 185 since being here. You're right, he's super compact and you're also right that that likely means more for his durability than anything. 

He was 189 last I checked but his weight fluctuates. How much is body fat no clue... at once upon a time he had 2%. People like big backs but for Worm putting on too much weight takes away from his gift. For instance, Alabama 75 yard touchdown, they shouldnt have been that close to him. I knew then he was too heavy from watching him run. However he is ALL MUSCLE. For any back sometimes too much weight causes injury. I think Worm was the only back last year that had no injuries during the season. 

1 minute ago, Momma Worm said:

He was 189 last I checked but his weight fluctuates. How much is body fat no clue... at once upon a time he had 2%. People like big backs but for Worm putting on too much weight takes away from his gift. For instance, Alabama 75 yard touchdown, they shouldnt have been that close to him. I knew then he was too heavy from watching him run. However he is ALL MUSCLE. For any back sometimes too much weight causes injury. I think Worm was the only back last year that had no injuries during the season. 

We all hope and pray it stays that way!

No injuries and a record setting year.

1 minute ago, Momma Worm said:

Image result for ooooh gif

14 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

I'm curious what you think is too much weight. 189 is stout for sure. 

6 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Not momma, but I'd say ~180lb

22 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

How much is body fat no clue... at once upon a time he had 2%.

That can’t be right. That’s like dangerous..

4 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I think we can take it to mean that he had very little body fat. 

And? 4, 5, 6, and 7 would’ve meant very little body fat as well. 

• ellitor changed the title to 1,000-yard rusher streak snapped was a blow to the OL
1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

And? 4, 5, 6, and 7 would’ve meant very little body fat as well. 

Exactly, so why scrutinize the number. We understand her point either way. 

3 hours ago, Barnacle said:

He has natural speed.... putting on too much weight takes away from the gift for a person at his height. If that makes sense. People always speak about Schwartz being fast but they don’t realize that Worm is just as equally fast as he is. Schwartz maintains his speed at that level because he gains no weight however during the indoor track season after football Worm was too heavy  because he had put on too much weight. I spoke to Coach Caddy about the situation & even he says if he will gain weight & it wont take away from his step (meaning speed) then its a plus but if it takes away then he doesnt need to add so much. You have to understand his type of speed is not that normal speed that people think is fast.... he is actually REALLY VERY FAST especially for his height. His strides are longer than expected. Playing ball in S. Florida is like playing in SEC & he has done that for years. He has vision, & strength but the actual speed is what separates him from the rest & always will. He is the only kid from Florida that has always been the fastest since he was 4. 

3 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

That can’t be right. That’s like dangerous..

I said at once upon a time....but Im not sure what it is now (I left some words out lol & you guys move fast) sorry I didnt clear that up for you. I was meaning when he was 173 walking on AU campus he had 2% body. I dont know what it is now! It’s nothing dangerous about it. My family is a very built family. We have more muscle mass than anything. A lot of Worm is natural build with added weight. Meaning he doesnt need to lift to be built. I fell last night & had to go to the hospital.... had I not have been as muscular as I am I would have broken my shoulder but being muscular saved me & I dont lift weights at all

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

Not momma, but I'd say ~180lb

To be honest for me 175-180.... he was running people over in practice at AU at 173-175. They have to think about it.... don’t underestimate short people lol.. I dont think people understand how strong a midget is in the small frame they possess. They will hurt you lol

Sounds about right. I bet Momma Worm's cooking is hard to resist though.

Lol... yeah he doesn’t really do the fast food thing so when he comes home im on duty 😂😂😂😂😂

I think we can take it to mean that he had very little body fat. 

That’s exactly what I meant.... thank you 

Numbers that are extreme invite scrutiny, barnacle.  She gave the number and I said that the number couldn’t be right. That’s it. Get off your high horse.  

He definitely went to 189... I think  I posted the scale once before. Im not saying your implying anything but I dont have to lie about his size because size only matters to you all not me. But his weight has no factor on his performance. He takes the hits & gets right back up. Like I said before playing football down here is like playing in the SEC & he is the 2nd all time leading rusher, rushing for over 6,000 yards. He is a legend around these parts  of town & whether people like it or not he will definitely leave a HUGE mark on the plains. The best players should play regardless of their size. If they make things happen they should play. Why overlook a kid that possesses all the qualifications of being a good back because of his height. For a bigger kid with no vision & football IQ... thats no knock on anybody thats just a fact that I've been telling coaches all my son’s life. Like we say in South Florida that big s**t dont mean nothing. 

4 minutes ago, alexava said:

I think she was being figurative. Without knowing his percentage precisely he is VERY lean. That’s how I took it. 

She said it twice that he was once 2 percent. lol. How is that not specifically descriptive. 

She said it twice that he was once 2 percent. lol. How is that not specifically descriptive. 

Quit being so purposefully dense. You and everyone else knows what she meant even before she clarified. Move on from it.

Just now, bigbird said:

Quit being so purposefully dense. You and everyone else knows what she meant. Move on from it.

Are you the one needlessly deleting posts? I’ve been civil to everybody here but yet...

If I said I had a small waist, a 26, but really I only had a 32, should my “point” just be considered and not what was actually said?

• WarTiger changed the title to 1,000-yard rusher streak a blow to the OL
1 hour ago, Momma Worm said:

He definitely went to 189... I think  I posted the scale once before. Im not saying your implying anything but I dont have to lie about his size because size only matters to you all not me. But his weight has no factor on his performance. He takes the hits & gets right back up. Like I said before playing football down here is like playing in the SEC & he is the 2nd all time leading rusher, rushing for over 6,000 yards. He is a legend around these parts  of town & whether people like it or not he will definitely leave a HUGE mark on the plains. The best players should play regardless of their size. If they make things happen they should play. Why overlook a kid that possesses all the qualifications of being a good back because of his height. For a bigger kid with no vision & football IQ... thats no knock on anybody thats just a fact that I've been telling coaches all my son’s life. Like we say in South Florida that big s**t dont mean nothing. 

FTR: I’m not worried about his weight nor his height as a RB. I probably would be if he was around 5’11 because strength/ weight ratios would have to be considered. But his weight is ideal for his size. I said I thought Shivers was more than capable of being a 3 down back only two days ago. I meant then and I mean it now.

13 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

It was also a huge blow to Grimes.

tenor.gif

Archived