i understand i make some folks mad here in the politics forum

aubiefifty

but i wish all of you the very best. i hope you all have a wonderful and safe fourth and make some wonderful memories. i am not looking for sympathy and i expect you guys to give me as much hell as i give a lot of you. for the record i do not hate anyone on here. i just fight hard and i am blunt and i expect no less from y'all. and please do not blow off any fingers or toes.............and right or wrong i argue for the betterment of america. sometimes all it takes is  a seed.

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

but i wish all of you the very best. i hope you all have a wonderful and safe fourth and make some wonderful memories. i am not looking for sympathy and i expect you guys to give me as much hell as i give a lot of you. for the record i do not hate anyone on here. i just fight hard and i am blunt and i expect no less from y'all. and please do not blow off any fingers or toes.............and right or wrong i argue for the betterment of america. sometimes all it takes is  a seed.

cover7.jpg?quality=65&strip=all

33 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

tenor (4).gif

Homey on Ware Street back in the day?

I know, acknowledge, and apologize for SOME of my trolling of a certain poster here. But everyday I appreciate the talks we have here. Some of the crap on my FB wall is just mindnumbingly crazy. I come here and see a lot of sanity and a lot of passion. And thats a good thing. 

On other forums, I see complete mindless capitulation to the latest talking points. There is no common ground on hyperbole. 

Happy 4th Everyone!

1 hour ago, japantiger said:

Dirka Dirka ... 

tis a shame you cannot lighten up for one minute and show some class on wishing folks  a happy and safe fourth. but with every comment you make you just reaffirm my opinion of you.now you just throw out insults like a three year old.

23 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

tis a shame you cannot lighten up for one minute and show some class on wishing folks  a happy and safe fourth. but with every comment you make you just reaffirm my opinion of you.now you just throw out insults like a three year old.

Dude, you're wrong here.  Dirka dirka is a joke from the extremely hilarious movie which the clip above is from.  He's not throwing out an insult.  

9 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Dude, you're wrong here.  Dirka dirka is a joke from the extremely hilarious movie which the clip above is from.  He's not throwing out an insult.  

he has thrown out some today. he asked me to prove i was not retarded just a little while ago. yesterday it was unhinged. i have no idea about dirka but with his track record i think it is reasonable to assume something. but yes i make mistakes and i am sure this will not be the last.

5 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

he has thrown out some today. he asked me to prove i was not retarded just a little while ago. yesterday it was unhinged. i have no idea about dirka but with his track record i think it is reasonable to assume something. but yes i make mistakes and i am sure this will not be the last.

I honestly don't care about y'all's lover quarrels in other threads.  Not of any interest to me.  Just saying you jumped on him here without knowing any context about the movie being quoted and assumed the worst.  That's on you man and in this case, you owe Japan an apology.

8 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I honestly don't care about y'all's lover quarrels in other threads.  Not of any interest to me.  Just saying you jumped on him here without knowing any context about the movie being quoted and assumed the worst.  That's on you man and in this case, you owe Japan an apology.

you have little idea of our history. i willingly give apologies when i am wrong but if he does not do the same for me when he is wrong he does not deserve it. respect to me once lost is something you earn back and not given. but gosh brad by all means give me all the negs ya want. they count regardless if good or bad.  i am not going to do as you ask because this whole scenario is like you walking into a movie for the last twenty minutes when you do not know what happened  the first hour and a half or so. but thanx.......

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

you have little idea of our history. i willingly give apologies when i am wrong but if he does not do the same for me when he is wrong he does not deserve it. respect to me once lost is something you earn back and not given. but gosh brad by all means give me all the negs ya want. they count regardless if good or bad.  i am not going to do as you ask because this whole scenario is like you walking into a movie for the last twenty minutes when you do not know what happened  the first hour and a half or so. but thanx.......

Again, I don't care about your history with each other.  It's irrelevant to this thread.

And really?  That's your stance?  You took something COMPLETELY THE F*** OUT OF CONTEXT and accused the man of acting like a three year old in this thread.  Your own ignorance of pop culture made you look like an idiot.  Your analogy about walking in late on a movie is funny as well.  This was literally from a movie that you've obviously never seen and yet you felt the need to belittle the man.

You were wrong here.  Just own it and move on.

Side bar: Japan and I rarely see eye to eye on actual policy issues.  But this one is pretty cut and dry.

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Again, I don't care about your history with each other.  It's irrelevant to this thread.

And really?  That's your stance?  You took something COMPLETELY THE F*** OUT OF CONTEXT and accused the man of acting like a three year old in this thread.  You're own ignorance of pop culture made you look like an idiot.  Your analogy about walking in late on a movie is funny as well.  This was literally from a movie that you've obviously never seen and yet you felt the need to belittle the man.

You were wrong here.  Just own it and move on.

Side bar: Japan and I rarely see eye to eye on actual policy issues.  But this one is pretty cut and dry.

franks not here so let me be frank. if i do not get repect from someone i refuse to give it. on a message board anyway. to me our history does count. and for this particular post i could care less what you think buddy. you do you and i will do me. i have valid reasons which you seem to want to ignore. so save your breath.

12 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

franks not here so let me be frank. if i do not get repect from someone i refuse to give it. on a message board anyway. to me our history does count. and for this particular post i could care less what you think buddy. you do you and i will do me. i have valid reasons which you seem to want to ignore. so save your breath.

I'm not your buddy, guy.  (That's another pop culture reference that will fly way over your head).

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

I'm not your buddy, guy.  (That's another pop culture reference that will fly way over your head).

i assure you i did not mean it nice. again.....you do you and i will do me. i have never been big on bossy people anyway unless they signed my paycheck. the fact you choose to ignore the road that got me and jap to this point is telling. normally you seem like a decent cat. mine and japs problem is an old one regardless of what rules you want me to post by. it is a personal matter.

Just now, aubiefifty said:

i assure you i did not mean it nice. again.....you do you and i will do me. i have never been big on bossy people anyway unless they signed my paycheck. the fact you choose to ignore the road that got me and jap to this point is telling. normally you seem like a decent cat. mine and japs problem is an old one regardless of what rules you want me to post by. it is a personal matter.

Cool man.  Whatever.  The road that got you here is irrelevant to this discussion.  He made a joke as it relates to a movie clip that was posted.  You missed said joke and called him names for no reason.  Your inability to own it and apologize on this instance says more about you as a person than I think you may realize.  That's on you bro.  If you can live with it, so can I.

As for me, I'm just gonna sit here and laugh at his 100% appropriate use of the term "Durka Durka" in this context.

P.S.  Go watch "Team America: World Police".  It will help you grasp what the clip and comment was about.

With that, enjoy the Hot Dog eating contest tomorrow.  My money's on Chestnut.

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Cool man.  Whatever.  The road that got you here is irrelevant to this discussion.  He made a joke as it relates to a movie clip that was posted.  You missed said joke and called him names for no reason.  Your inability to own it and apologize on this instance says more about you as a person than I think you may realize.  That's on you bro.  If you can live with it, so can I.

As for me, I'm just gonna sit here and laugh at his 100% appropriate use of the term "Durka Durka" in this context.

P.S.  Go watch "Team America: World Police".  It will help you grasp what the clip and comment was about.

With that, enjoy the Hot Dog eating contest tomorrow.  My money's on Chestnut.

i understand your point ok? but this has gotten personal and until he gives respect he will not get it from me. i will apologize to you for going off tho. and i hate to say it but i watched the movie years ago but my memory is really bad. i wish you the best in fun and sun tomorrow.

Hope everyone had a good 4th.....God put on a fireworks display here Thursday night that totally blew away the feeble efforts of our local communities.....sky was lit up from horizon to horizon over upstate South Carolina for most of an hour.....so bright with lightning streaks and booming thunder that the city's fireworks was sometimes obscured......great show....

And that was a really weird video...anger, violence and foul language.... is that what passes for pop culture these days?     

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

And that was a really weird video...anger, violence and foul language.... is that what passes for pop culture these days?     

The movie is 15 years old.  And if you only watch that part without the context of the movie, you can't really get it.  All good though.

3 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

The movie is 15 years old.

I live in a small rural town...the movie may be showing at our local theater soon.....:)  they like to run what some call "art theater?   ...

Archived